Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
I'm not suggesting using Massey .. I much more prefer the Massey Composite of 42 polls as a baseline (Massey is just 1 of 42) .. it's better than anything else out there.

But I'm just speaking generally to order of magnitude regarding their SOS and margins. Couple questions for you:

Are you impressed with this margins in those games ?

Do you believe FAMU is the 12th best team with those scores against those teams ?

I still have to disagree with you about the composite. I think it is highly flawed. For example, one of the rating systems used has Campbell as #28. Really? It also has Sac St as #25 and Montana St as #29. They were just a couple examples...there are more. If you actually go to some of the sites of the rankings used in the composite, the top 25 can be very entertaining. I realize that it all gets averaged out, and the outliers are probably tossed, but some of them are seriously flawed and have who knows what kind of biases built into them. Some are just created by Joe six pack and his computer. That's why for computer rankings I stick to mainly Sagarin and pure Massey to get some objective feel. And they both have issues as well, but not nearly as bad as some. They are still merely data points to be considered. The main reason I like the Massey site in general is that they have all the schedule, score data, and rivalry history right at your finger tips. If you go look at the prediction and compare them to the actual scores for many games, he is pretty accurate. Not always obviously, but scary close sometimes.