Hello All-

Just thought I would update my thoughts and opinions into one post here rather than replying to relevant posts elsewhere.

**PLAYOFF SEED

First, it seems some folks are talking about CCSU being in contention for a seed. This is of course if they win the last 2 (Robert Morris, Duquesne). I think if that is being talked about as plausible then a possible 10-2 Monmouth team should easily be thought of as deserving a seed above them.

Frankly, I do not think either team should be seeded just based on overall level of competition but if people are actually thinking CCSU would deserve a seed, I do not know how they would not view Monmouth as being in strong comp with them for that seed.

Monmouth would be 10-2, all D 1 wins, having beat # 4 ranked team in nation on the road by a lot. A decent looking road loss to a probably top 5 seed Montana team, a win over possible playoff team Albany, an FCS loss and a couple close wins against lesser mixed in with double digit routs scoring 30-50 pts in other wins. We would have a much better looking SOS and frankly, for all the crap MU has taken for "only" beating Lafayette by 4 pts and squeaking by Wagner- CCSU "only" beat Merrimack by 3, needed OT to beat ST Francis and beat beat Fordham by 3. Does not seem like CCSU would have too much over MU in that conversation. I say all this with a lot of respect for CCSU. I like the team and as MU was formerly in the NEC I root for us "mid major" FCS teams. I just think with all the crap MU has taken for weak wins it is absurd that CCSU would even be in the mix for a seed and not us.

**HOME PLAYOFF GAME BID INFO

I know we care very much about hosting a home playoff game (should we get in) and I know that our bid is aggressive. However, I have heard that not having lights is actually the biggest possible deal breaker as opposed to our smaller stadium. Apparently it has something to do with possibly needing to be a 2 pm game (something with TV or scheduling) and with a 2 pm start it would be too dark by about 4:30 pm. I can also say that when we bid in 2017 we were told that we were very much in the discussion but based on scheduling and what not it would not materialize anyway. But all the info I have heard points to us very much being in the discussion for a home game.

*OTHER

This weeks game against Campbell now becomes the de facto Big South Championship game. This years team prides itself on not looking ahead and focusing on each day so nobody on the team or staff is talking about this stuff, but fans and parents of players sure are. Meaning- if somehow we slip up against what seems to be a capable Campbell team, it would leave us, them and KSU all with 1 loss and all against each other. Not really sure what the tiebreaker is so we are just hoping we do not have to find out. And of course, each team still needs to win their last game after this week anyway. But theoretically if we lose this week and we all win our last game there would be a 3 way tie in the Big South with MU having beat KSU and KSU having beat Campbell. Really not sure how that tiebreaker is broken.

The last stuff I will say is I still maintain that wins are wins. Ask Holy Cross who beat UNH yet could not keep control of their own destiny by LOSING to lowly Lafayette who we "only" beat by 4. Most teams are going to have a bad week or two during the year. It happens on all levels. When the bad week ends with a win I say it is pretty good. If a team is squarely on the bubble then I understand it may matter a bit but from week to week in FCS there are a lot of "bad" teams on paper who step up and beat good teams. Harvard lost to Columbia yet awful coaching and one in 100 hail mary aside had Dartmouth beat. Columbia is not good folks. It happens. Anyway, at the end of the day it all should get sorted out but I know the thinking around Monmouth is we would love to get the Patriot league winner in the 1st rd should we make it.