Computer rankings and SOS have been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by SDFS View Post
How is the AGS Top 25 record determined?

1) Ranking of opponent when the game is play
2) Or current ranking of the opponent
As others have said, for me to do it that way would mean I had to go back each week and check the schedule of 40-50 teams (sometimes more than that in the early season) and currently, you'd be surprised by how many hours it takes to out everything together. Most of that is my own fault as I've expanded things over the years; I add links to all of the scores so that people get a little context to go along with the game other than just thinking the final score was the be-all end-all tale of the tape, I added the Sagarin and Massey rankings, after the Ivy's start play each year I add SOS because some people see a difference in 7-1 Kennesaw with an SOS of 113 out of 126 teams and 4-5 UC Davis with an SOS of 10.

That being said, the main reason I do that is for consistency. The NCAA basketball tournament selections look at things like win/loss vs teams in the top 40 among a myriad of other factors, but it doesn't change from week to week, if you beat a Top 40 team in week 1 and that team falls out, you still keep a top 40 win on your resume for the rest of the season. I figure the precedent is already set and has been for decades, why reinvent the wheel?