View Poll Results: Lumberjacks or Cowboys?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • McNeese Stampedes the Lumberjacks

14 73.68%
  • The Lumberjacks chop down the Cowboys

5 26.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SLC: McNeese Cowboys at SFA Lumberjacks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    McNeese Cowboys

SLC: McNeese Cowboys at SFA Lumberjacks

Cowboys and Lumberjacks Series
    • Saturday's game will be the 39th meeting between the two schools with McNeese holding a 21-15-2 lead in the series. There have been two shutouts in the series, both by McNeese (14-0 win in 1960 and 35-0 in 2017 in Nacogdoches).
    • McNeese won last year by a score of 17-10 in The Hole. This year's game will serve as Homecoming for SFA.
    • The series was knotted up 5-5 over the last 10 outings prior to last year. SFA had won the last two games played in Cowboy Stadium - 31-28 in 2016 and 31-16 in 2014.
    • STRANGE SERIES: Prior to last year, the visiting team had won the last five games in the series. McNeese broke the streak of SFA winning in Lake Charles. Can McNeese keep its winning streak in Nacogdoches going and break its difficulty with not winning on the road? Though SFA has won only one game this year, they did what McNeese hasn’t done – picked up a road victory – as the Lumberjacks defeated Lamar in Beaumont.

Last week, McNeese had a big Homecoming victory over HBU, while SFA lost a double OT heartbreaker to ACU in Abilene.

This is a matchup of two head coaches who are both in their first year in the Southland Conference.
    Last edited by McCowboys; October 22nd, 2019 at 06:56 PM.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

Re: SLC: McNeese Cowboys at SFA Lumberjacks

Going with SFA in the upset.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

AGS FCS Champion

I'm going with a solid McNeese defense and decent offense from what I saw in Conway.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

My Team
    Sam Houston State

Going with McNeese but don’t sleep on SFA

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    McNeese Cowboys

It is eerie about the score differential between the Jacks and Cowboys against common opponents. Both lost by 11 to Sam and both lost by 7 to ACU.

I don't think Coach Gilbert would ever sleep on anyone. McNeese has not proven anything yet. As for me, I know SFA got a good coach. I know he is playing a bunch of babies, but they are playing hard for him and are growing up fast. McNeese is learning Gilbert's new system, and QB Orgeron has gained lots of confidence, and the rushing attack is coming around. But with most every team, injuries are taking a toll. Two up-and-coming teams with a history between them. Should be fun.

Kickoff is 3 PM Saturday and is on ESPN3 or ESPN+.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
    It is eerie about the score differential between the Jacks and Cowboys against common opponents. Both lost by 11 to Sam and both lost by 7 to ACU.

I don't think Coach Gilbert would ever sleep on anyone. McNeese has not proven anything yet. As for me, I know SFA got a good coach. I know he is playing a bunch of babies, but they are playing hard for him and are growing up fast. McNeese is learning Gilbert's new system, and QB Orgeron has gained lots of confidence, and the rushing attack is coming around. But with most every team, injuries are taking a toll. Two up-and-coming teams with a history between them. Should be fun.

Kickoff is 3 PM Saturday and is on ESPN3 or ESPN+.
    For those who can't make it TO the game...watch that ESPN+ announcement...sometimes it is BLACKEDOUT if you are anywhere within a few hundred miles of the game. UCA fans who couldn't make last week's game at NWST learned about the game being on ESPN+ but were mildly upset to say the least to find out it was blackedout.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    McNeese Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    For those who can't make it TO the game...watch that ESPN+ announcement...sometimes it is BLACKEDOUT if you are anywhere within a few hundred miles of the game. UCA fans who couldn't make last week's game at NWST learned about the game being on ESPN+ but were mildly upset to say the least to find out it was blackedout.
    Dang! That is a bummer, Bear! I hope I am far enough away from Nacogdoches not to be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by McCowboys View Post
    Dang! That is a bummer, Bear! I hope I am far enough away from Nacogdoches not to be affected.
    I think the only time it is blacked out is when it is on Cox Sports TV and it is in what they consider the Cox Sports TV viewing area. The SLC CST game this week is ACU at Nicholls. Next week it is Northwestern St. at McNeese. So you are safe this week but not next week.

Doc

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    McNeese Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    I think the only time it is blacked out is when it is on Cox Sports TV and it is in what they consider the Cox Sports TV viewing area. The SLC CST game this week is ACU at Nicholls. Next week it is Northwestern St. at McNeese. So you are safe this week but not next week.

Doc
    Actually, Houston is outside the CST viewing area. I've not had any problems watching CST football.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    It was blacked out because it was on CST last week. They blackout the CST viewing areas. So, if you are in an area that cable TV carries CST, it will be blacked out on ESPN+. But as soon as the game is over, you can watch the replay on ESPN+

Doc