Quote Originally Posted by aceinthehole View Post
State human resource policies and collective bargaining requirements ... yes, it had to be opened, but I don't think they looked very hard outside. It was likely "expedited" based on his success this season.
I don't begin to say I have knowledge of collective bargaining requirements but UMaine lost their HC, Harasymiak to Minnesota, and most fans thought the university would have to open the position but the AD chose the OC in a matter of days. It was right in the middle of recruiting and Maine looked to have one of their strongest recruiting classes as well as a ton of returning players and all was good at the time. But losing the DC to JMU and another defensive coach maybe was too much of a hit as we stand at 2-4 after starting the season #5 in the country.
Bottom line state schools seem to be able to hire quickly when needed. If McCarthy had said he had another offer at the time I betcha he may have gotten the position right then, glad for you guys it all worked. My son played a couple of years at CCSU and always liked to see you do well.