Quote Originally Posted by aceinthehole View Post
The schedule hasn't done them any favors (it isn't very strong), but we have a new, first-year head coach and had to replace the school's leading passer who just made a NFL roster. I had moderate expectations going into the season.

Need to take care of business next week at Columbia (we lost at home to the Lions last season) and run through the NEC slate.

Not sure how good this team really is, but I will say the Georgia State graduate-transfer QB Aaron Winchester has brought some much needed locker room leadership and a dual threat to run and pass on the field. The team is well balanced and is on par with our 2017 team in terms of talent. The last-second loss at EMU is the only blemish on the slate so far, and if they would have won that game would likely have been ranked already.

We will see .. I'm optimistic, but also very cautious, as I know we can be beat any week in league play. I still think Wagner, SFU, and Duquesne are dangerous teams.
I was prepared to start seeing some push for a top 25 spot for the winner of the CCSU-SHU game. The Blue Devils put a whipping on us. Then I looked up the CCSU schedule and was pretty underwhelmed, the 2 close wins to start the season were not impressive. Got my attention with the near miss at EMU, should have won that game! Win the next couple and I think CCSU won't be able to be ignored.