Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early top 25 thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Early top 25 thoughts?

With pre season AGS poll being right around the corner, I thought I’d see what you guys are thinking for the upcoming season. What teams drop off? What teams rise? Do the top teams fall of or stay the same? Do we finally see an underdog story this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This member was formerly known as Killamike259

AGS FCS Champion

Re: Early top 25 thoughts?

Haven't thought much about the rest but my preseason MVFC pecking order would be:

1. NDSU
    2. SDSU
    3. Illinois St
    4. Indiana St
    5-6-7-8. UNI, WIU, YSU, and South Dakota in any order
    9-10. Missouri St and SIU
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Haven't thought much about the rest but my preseason MVFC pecking order would be:

1. NDSU
    2. SDSU
    3. Illinois St
    4. Indiana St

For me, switch Ill State and SDSU.

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    For me, switch Ill State and SDSU.

Unless QB play is horrendous, I would be really surprised if SDSU ends up anywhere other than the top 2 in the MVFC. The schedule couldn't have worked out any better with 7 home games including NDSU, ISUr, and UNI all at home.
    No, but I did eat Casey's Breakfast Pizza this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

1. NDSU
    2. SDSU
    3. Illinois St
    4. Indiana St

YSU has Carl Pelini back on defense. He is has the defensive football brains that brought us back to relevance a few years ago. this year we should be better toward the end of the year and the following year we should be a pain in the ass on defense.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

NDSU, EWU UC Davis and JMU would be my Final 4 teams

SDSU, Montana State, Elon, Wofford, Illinois State and Nicholls State would be my contenders

Towson, Jacksonville State, Maine, Princeton*, Kennesaw State, New Hampshire, Indiana State and Eastern Kentucky would be my "ability to advance in playoffs teams"

Colgate, ETSU, Yale*, Dartmouth*, Furman, Villanova, Duquesne, Montana, Northern Iowa, North Carolina A&T, Sam Houston State and Central Arkansas as potential playoff field fillers/poll fillers.

Stony Brook, North Dakota, Delaware, Youngstown State, Western Illinois, McNeese State and Mercer fall into the "I don't have a clue" category...

From the Patriot League, Colgate is worthy of a spot in the 15-25 range imo. Their schedule will ultimately prove their merit. Georgetown could very well win 8 or 9 games and get themselves in the conversation. I do believe Holy Cross, Lehigh and Fordham all have the potential to be top 25 good if the stars align perfectly. Lehigh and Fordham are loaded with talent but need the coaching staff to get things rolling. Holy Cross has a helluva coach but still some serious questions on their two-deep to go along with a brutal schedule.
    Last edited by Go Lehigh TU owl; July 3rd, 2019 at 08:59 PM.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    NDSU, EWU UC Davis and JMU would be my Final 4 teams

SDSU, Montana State, Elon, Wofford, Illinois State and Nicholls State would be my contenders

Towson, Jacksonville State, Maine, Princeton*, Kennesaw State, New Hampshire, Indiana State and Eastern Kentucky would be my "ability to advance in playoffs teams"

Colgate, ETSU, Yale*, Dartmouth*, Furman, Villanova, Duquesne, Montana, Northern Iowa, North Carolina A&T, Sam Houston State and Central Arkansas as potential playoff field fillers/poll fillers.

Stony Brook, North Dakota, Delaware, Youngstown State, Western Illinois, McNeese State and Mercer fall into the "I don't have a clue" category...

From the Patriot League, Colgate is worthy of a spot in the 15-25 range imo. Their schedule will ultimately prove their merit. Georgetown could very well win 8 or 9 games and get themselves in the conversation. I do believe Holy Cross, Lehigh and Fordham all have the potential to be top 25 good if the stars align perfectly. Lehigh and Fordham are loaded with talent but need the coaching staff to get things rolling. Holy Cross has a helluva coach but still some serious questions on their two-deep to go along with a brutal schedule.
    EKU?

Are you high?

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    EKU?

Are you high?
    Perhaps?

They were 7-4 last year and return a good amount of starters in the OVC. I would think there's some wins to be had and momentum to be gained for a team of that ilk.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    Perhaps?

They were 7-4 last year and return a good amount of starters in the OVC. I would think there's some wins to be had and momentum to be gained for a team of that ilk.
    Three of their seven wins were Morehead, Robert Morris, and Tennessee Tech.

The only half decent thing they did was beat SEMO.

If anyone out of the OVC other than JSU has a shot at the playoffs next year it's SEMO with Santacaterina.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    Three of their seven wins were Morehead, Robert Morris, and Tennessee Tech.

The only half decent thing they did was beat SEMO.

If anyone out of the OVC other than JSU has a shot at the playoffs next year it's SEMO with Santacaterina.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk
    Damn you are a realist. I agree completely. Wish Youngstown would join that conference. They would fit better, the travel would be less than it is now, and we could have autumn games in Bama. I live in Savannah, Ga and it is a day trip to Jacksonville State for game day. I went to the playoff game a few years ago and you have first class fans. I enjoyed my time there and would like to do that again. But it would be better as an annual game. If YSU wants to go to NDSU it requires a flight or 24 hr drive. JAX is a log drive but the OVC fits better overall (not 24 hours like NDSU). I will say that I like the fact that we play the best in the MVFC but I would give that up for the playoff bias against us (I can site multiple examples of playoff bias going back to 2001).