Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Attendance Averages Down Once Again in 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Harvard, ETSU, St. Thomas, UC Davis, Chicago, MIT

FCS Attendance Averages Down Once Again in 2018

This is also a problem in all other CFB levels, not just ours.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ec&tm=&src=FCS
    Will FCS football survive the mess created by the NIL saga?

---
    AGS Countdown Maven since 2019
    AGS Schedule Maven since 2022

The Imagine Dragons of AGS
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: FCS Attendance Averages Down Once Again in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bonarae View Post
    This is also a problem in all other CFB levels, not just ours.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ec&tm=&src=FCS
    With the rise of ESPN+ and other OTP options, some people find it hard to justify paying over $200+ a game (parking+concessions+travel/accommodations included) for a family of 4 to see their team play VS $60 a year and no one blocking the TV.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

AKA Lord Kingpin

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    North Dakota State University

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    With the rise of ESPN+ and other OTP options, some people find it hard to justify paying over $200+ a game (parking+concessions+travel/accommodations included) for a family of 4 to see their team play VS $60 a year and no one blocking the TV.

Looks like the decrease in attendance is amplified by the decrease in level. DII and DIII games are not being televised/streamed, yet their decreases are even more than FCS/FBS. I agree that cost to attend games is likely playing a part in that (you did not even mention the price of a ticket being $50-100+/person when you factor in face value + booster fees). What is unclear to me is why hasn't the FBS seen as much of a drop, considering they have the most televised/streamed games AND their prices have gotten very high to attend.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Preferred Walk-On View Post
    Looks like the decrease in attendance is amplified by the decrease in level. DII and DIII games are not being televised/streamed, yet their decreases are even more than FCS/FBS. I agree that cost to attend games is likely playing a part in that (you did not even mention the price of a ticket being $50-100+/person when you factor in face value + booster fees). What is unclear to me is why hasn't the FBS seen as much of a drop, considering they have the most televised/streamed games AND their prices have gotten very high to attend.
    D2 games exist on Plus and 3, not as prevalent though, and I know some schools do in house feeds and stream their games on their athletic sites for fans who cannot make the games but still want to see it.

Also, how many schools in the FCS and lower, do fan experience events to bring families to games? Diehard fans and boosters always exist, but how do you convince a family who might not be as inclined to go to let's say a D2 game here in the upper midwest and not have things for the kids? I'm not saying that it's going to help significantly but if you want more fans to come and not stay at home, give them something to look forward to before the games.

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

AKA Lord Kingpin

My Team
    James Madison

The perception of it being “higher level” secures it better.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    MSU-Mankato Mavericks

Looks like the decrease in attendance is amplified by the decrease in level. DII and DIII games are not being televised/streamed, yet their decreases are even more than FCS/FBS.
    I can watch every MSU Mav football game online- heck, every NSIC game- and for basketball too. Other sports are also often available, including playoffs. And for free. Other conferences charge. You do have to pay for WCHA hockey, but that is D1.
    Buffalo Lake Laker
    Ridgewater Warrior
    MNState Maverick

My Team
    James Madison

This is assuming your wife and kids leave you alone for the duration of the game.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    This is assuming your wife and kids leave you alone for the duration of the game.
    I'm not married and do not have kids. This is why I can go to the games on a consistent basis with friends.

AKA Lord Kingpin

Better that it is $200 a game for the whole family to watch a Bison game than the $200 just for one ticket (ticket only) for a pro football game. So $200 per family sounds like a great deal to me.

My Team
    Stephen F. Austin

Pretty much all sports attendance is going down hill fast

technology, man caves, comfort of your own house, big screen HD TVs, frig. dealing with A-holes at the game, parking, traffic, money prices, the list goes on and on.

I know for me personally whenever I get the notion to go to a live game my mind goes, gas money, parking money, food and drink money, ticket money, family of 4 going, hotel money, and yep that notion goes out the door pretty fast.
    CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS - 1935 1985 1989 1999 2009 2010 2022
    FCS PLAYOFFS - 1988 1989 1993 1995 2009 2010 2021
    NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - 1989
    WALTER PAYTON AWARD - 2010
    SLC/WAC COMMISSIONER'S CUP - 2009 2010 2011 2012 2015 2016 2017 2020 2021
    104 OVERALL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

AXE'EM JACKS!