Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
If UCA hangs with Hawaii and keeps it respectable...they should earn a little respect. But it's in Hawaii and game time is 11 pm Arkansas time. That hurts. We're not expected to win against a team that was knocking on the door of the top 25 before last week but we will enjoy the game all the same. It's a paycheck game. Voters should look at it like that. But if we win...how awesome to have two FBS scalps by one team in the same year!
The only reason Hawaii does so well at home, is obvious. If a lot of teams played them over here, they would be dog poopoo most years. Think of the distraction factor for visiting teams. Probably the first time many of these kids have ever been over an ocean before.

Two scalps in same year is tough. First because you got to schedule 2 FBS and that doesn't happen often. Second, is, you got to win two fricking games. Winning one is hard, but two. I went back and combed through the list and I have only found 5 teams, (YSU did it 5 times) who have done it. I don't count Florida Atlantic in 2004 since they were transitioning to FBS. Also did not go back before 1982 because there were a lot of transitioning teams and it is hard to tell who was transitioning up or down. Safe to say that YSU pretty much owned the MAC back then.

Portland St - 2015 - Washington St and North Texas in that 66-7 blowout
NDSU - 2007 - Central Michigan and Minnesota
YSU - 1993 - Western Michigan and Akron
The Citadel - 1992 - Arkansas and Army
YSU - 1990 - E Michigan and Akron
YSU - 1989 - Akron and C Michigan
Arkansas St - 1988 - Akron and La Lafayette
YSU - 1987 - Bowling Green and Akron
YSU - 1984 - E Michigan and Cincinnati