Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Riley Stapleton

First Class FCS Advocate NEBison's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Riley Stapleton

https://twitter.com/Madia_DNRSports/status/1113615937108881409

What have some of you JMU guys heard on this? Bad look regardless. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I didn't see it anywhere.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: Riley Stapleton

Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the link but if you highlight it you can go to the tweet.

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    https://twitter.com/Madia_DNRSports/status/1113615937108881409

What have some of you JMU guys heard on this? Bad look regardless. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I didn't see it anywhere.

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

The Imagine Dragons of AGS
    My Team
    North Dakota State

This is bad. Time to see if JMU sets an example and let's the team know this kind of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

"There's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right" - Alexandria 'Sandy' Ocasio-Cortez, the new queen of the left.

AKA Lord Kingpin

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Temple

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    This is bad. Time to see if JMU sets an example and let's the team know this kind of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
    This happened 2 years ago so I'm not even certain they would have a right to punish him as far as suspending him from school or kicking him off the team... However I can see them reducing his aide for the upcoming season or suspending him for a game or two as it's bad publicity/press on the program.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony215 View Post
    This happened 2 years ago so I'm not even certain they would have a right to punish him as far as suspending him from school or kicking him off the team... However I can see them reducing his aide for the upcoming season or suspending him for a game or two as it's bad publicity/press on the program.
    Idk about that. I would guess JMU was waiting for the legal process to finish and then issue a punishment.

AGS FCS Champion

Obligatory "Bo Pelini is on line 1" comment.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

My Team
    NDSU

Idk about that. I would guess JMU was waiting for the legal process to finish and then issue a punishment.
    This seems reasonable. I don't think universities or employers should have to decide what to do while the legal system is working, but if parties plead guilty (or no contest like this case) or are convicted I think they are well within their rights to toss someone. It is so much simpler when this happens in the off-season. I always feel bad for programs when they have to address criminal issues during the season before the legal system decides. If you let them play pending conclusion of the legal process you are viewed as not addressing issues, particularly if they are eventually convicted. If you suspend or kick them out and they are eventually found innocent you also look bad. Not being a lawyer I don't know what to make of his no contest plea, but if he did it I hope the victim is doing ok and I hope he straightens things out in his life (since this is from a couple years ago maybe he already did).

My Team
    James Madison

That’s exactly what they were doing and JMU has set that standard in the past. Due process rights being respected.

It is strange for the conviction to take two years almost but the DA had to recuse himself and it went to the state AG. That could explain it. The DA’s niece was the woman in the case.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Here is an article about it.

http://www.dnronline.com/sports/jmu-...80d17813a.html

Hopefully it is just a one time mistake on his part.

Dewey
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions