Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCS Combine Invitees

Regular FCS Advocate Elvis was a Bison's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State

FCS Combine Invitees

Haven't had time to follow, so who are the FCS players invited to the Combine and how are they doing?

My Team
    Abilene Christian

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Re: FCS Combine Invitees

......NASIR ADDERLEY....UD SAFETY.........POSSIBLE/LIKELY.....1st ROUNDER.......'NUFF SAID...........AWK!

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Don't know if this belongs here but NDSU's QB Easton Stick had a pretty good day at the combine:

1st - 20 yard shuffle
    1st - 3 Cone Drill
    3rd - Broad Jump
    3rd (tied) - High Jump
    3rd - 40 Yard Dash

If was hard to tell how anyone was throwing the ball well given the ****ty angles and spotty coverage of this by the NFL network.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

My Team
    Western Illinois

Here's the MVFC guys who participated, with their numbers and some video analysis of most:
    Jordan Brown (CB, SDSU) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan...7-f731d1ff432a
    Khalen Saunders (DL, WIU) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khalen...5-450ef4e2975c
    Easton Stick (QB, NDSU) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/easton...4-4fc08152f18e

Both Brown and Saunders were rated as "Chance to become NFL starter", with Stick getting a "Should be in an NFL training camp".
    So it looks like all three should at least get an opportunity to show what they can do with a team during the summer.
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

FCS Champion
    My Team
    Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    Here's the MVFC guys who participated, with their numbers and some video analysis of most:
    Jordan Brown (CB, SDSU) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan...7-f731d1ff432a
    Khalen Saunders (DL, WIU) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khalen...5-450ef4e2975c
    Easton Stick (QB, NDSU) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/easton...4-4fc08152f18e

Both Brown and Saunders were rated as "Chance to become NFL starter", with Stick getting a "Should be in an NFL training camp".
    So it looks like all three should at least get an opportunity to show what they can do with a team during the summer.
    not looking promising for Stick .. very good measurables, but scouts have real doubts about his game translating at next level. Had not heard he had weak showing at Shrine game practices. This begs question that has been debated ... did Bison system hold back his development or make the most of his skill set ? What I saw for 3 years was a solid QB that got better each year and became a dominant FCS QB who did everything his team asked of him but was surrounded by lot of very good players and a great system that he fit perfectly into. So did this advantage make the most of his skill set .. 100% yes. But could he have been more challenged and developed more in a lesser system surrounded by lesser parts ? We won't know that unless some NFL team takes a chance on him. Right now, scouts appear to view him as a long shot project. Maybe a team with a strong system and set a QB can bring him in and put him on practice squad to see how he adapts over time. Clearly showed improvement each year at NDSU doing everything he was asked to do .. someone may see something in him as a guy who could become a solid #2. Wish him well proving scouts wrong.

Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    not looking promising for Stick .. very good measurables, but scouts have real doubts about his game translating at next level. Had not heard he had weak showing at Shrine game practices. This begs question that has been debated ... did Bison system hold back his development or make the most of his skill set ? What I saw for 3 years was a solid QB that got better each year and became a dominant FCS QB who did everything his team asked of him but was surrounded by lot of very good players and a great system that he fit perfectly into. So did this advantage make the most of his skill set .. 100% yes. But could he have been more challenged and developed more in a lesser system surrounded by lesser parts ? We won't know that unless some NFL team takes a chance on him. Right now, scouts appear to view him as a long shot project. Maybe a team with a strong system and set a QB can bring him in and put him on practice squad to see how he adapts over time. Clearly showed improvement each year at NDSU doing everything he was asked to do .. someone may see something in him as a guy who could become a solid #2. Wish him well proving scouts wrong.
    What?! We just put a QB into the NFL as the #2 draft pick, and now folks are blaming our system. I have a goldfish with a longer memory.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    His size and arm strength are only average for an NFL QB. His athleticism turned some heads at the combine. He'll get a shot in a camp for sure. Would be interesting if a team try's to use him like New Orleans uses Taysom Hill. He's too athletic to not be on the field in some capacity.

FCS Champion
    My Team
    Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    What?! We just put a QB into the NFL as the #2 draft pick, and now folks are blaming our system. I have a goldfish with a longer memory.
    I was 100% on board with Wentz having skills that translated to NFL .. he would have succeeded anywhere he played including FBS. So not a question of memory for me. Did you get a chance to read the weaknesses on his scouting report ?

And not blaming the system .. just saying it was perfect fit for guy like Stick. I've been very supportive of Stick being legit star FCS QB the last couple years ... not so much his first year even though he did great job leading the team when Wentz was injured. But that doesnt make him a good NFL prospect. Point is .. there is a lot more to Bison offensive success than your QB. Wentz was clearly exceptional individual talent who would have succeeded almost anywhere.

FCS Champion
    My Team
    Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    His size and arm strength are only average for an NFL QB. His athleticism turned some heads at the combine. He'll get a shot in a camp for sure. Would be interesting if a team try's to use him like New Orleans uses Taysom Hill. He's too athletic to not be on the field in some capacity.
    Agreed and not ruling out him being a project .. there is a role for system QBs .. someone might want to bet on him on practice squad for couple years just to see if can develop.