Easy to criticize, but it's also very easy to see that HERO puts WAY, WAY, WAY more time, effort, and work into compiling and assessing this data than any other comprehensive source I've seen. Nothing else even close for FCS. I put almost 0 'stock' in any of these ratings/ranking, but they are FUN to fool around with and talk about...AND if it increases (or even has the chance to increase) the general public's interest in FCS Football at all...(and I think it does)...then that's a BIG win.

BTW - I know they considered more that just offers to do these rankings, they looked at other ratings, etc. Sure, some of those offers are bogus or were non-commitable offers from when they attended a camp in the 10th grade, etc....but, I do think by and large...if kids are Tweetin' about it, it's got a pretty good chance of having some grain of truth these days - the college Coaches, the HS Coaches, and their Teammates (and opponents) are following them...ain't saying they are all true and accurate, but there's probably something there. And...the guys from Hero actively interact with all of these kids on Twitter.

Just enjoy it....in FCS, we get FULL Playoffs to figure out which Team is REALLY the best!!!