Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
A 4 Star recruit with offers from all the PAC12, and he chooses Portland State?
This kid definitely falls into the article I posted.

I can't find him as a 4* anywhere.

Rivals has him a 2*.
247 has him at a 3* on their site and composite. Also outside of the top 800 in the country - far from a 4*
Scout has him at a 3* and outside of the top 100 at the WDE position in the 2019 class.

Anything that does link him as a 4* is from 2016 or 2017 - his sophomore and junior seasons. All of those major offers came before his junior year of high school - 2017. For real - this article is from June 2017 when Michigan "offered" him.

These "offers" after his sophomore year a hell of a lot more like camp invite offers that were never committable than anything else. Hell, they were 2 years ago at this point.

I would put a hell of a lot of money I don't have on this kid keeping his 3* status simply because of those "offers" 2 years ago, rather than actually being a full 3 or 4 star kid.

The funny thing is, I can't find a single other D1 offer for him outside of Portland State I would consider real. If I were him I would keep the 4* thing on his Twitter bio too - but he had only D2 offers as of December.

December 21st, 2018 - D2 Central Washington
April 3, 2018 - Utah State - which was 100% uncomittable even in December from what I can find.

That's the entirety of his recruiting in 2018 that he made public. Before that you have to go all the way back to when that article I posted was written - even on his social media - which is June 2017

I'm also a Michigan fan, and I'm calling his Michigan offer bull****. It was 1000% one of those bull**** offers Sports Illustrated highlighted. Why do I know this? Kids who get "real" Michigan offers have official Michigan branded graphic offer letters to post on social media. He has a generic homemade 3 picture graphic he made on PicCollage using a logo Michigan doesn't use, an old ass photo of the Big House and a generic Jim Harbaugh photo. That isn't how Michigan actually offers kids. I also ran a search through the most connected Michigan recruiting blogs. His name never once appeared.

Again - this kid seems like the epitome of that SI article.

IF he truly was a 4* kid he wouldn't be signing with Portland State with the only other active offer a regional D2. I'm sorry, he wouldn't. He could be a baller. He could be an All American at Portland State. Maybe he goes on to get drafted and become the next FCS name player in the NFL.

I just...I mean....just no.