Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Gregorak not returning as Montana State Bobcats’ defensive coordinator

Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

Ty Gregorak not returning as Montana State Bobcats’ defensive coordinator

https://montanasports.com/cat-griz/m...e-coordinator/

BOZEMAN — Ty Gregorak, who took over as the Montana State defensive coordinator in 2016, will not return to the Bobcats this fall, according to multiple sources.

Gregorak previously coached at the University of Montana, where he was the linebacker coach from 2003-09 and the defensive coordinator from 2011-15. He joined the staff at Montana State after Jeff Choate was hired to take over the program prior to the 2016 season.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    Montana

Re: Ty Gregorak not returning as Montana State Bobcats’ defensive coordinator

The reason for this isn't clear yet, but it doesn't seem like he already has a job lined up.

And Andrew Schmidt's contention that Gregorak turned MSU's defense into a "top-three" unit is a stretch to say the least.

My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by mvemjsunpx View Post
    The reason for this isn't clear yet, but it doesn't seem like he already has a job lined up.

And Andrew Schmidt's contention that Gregorak turned MSU's defense into a "top-three" unit is a stretch to say the least.
    True, but they definitely got a lot better.
    "This team is not aesthetically pleasing"

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by uofmman1122 View Post
    True, but the bar wasn't set very high by the previous coordinator.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Catbooster View Post
    Right. MSU's defense was shockingly terrible Ash's last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by uofmman1122 View Post
    Who's now coming back as the Defensive Coordinator.

Kane Ioane, who was the DC in 2015, is returning as the Cats new Coordinator.
    Idaho * Portland State * Cal State-Fullerton * Eastern Washington * Nevada * Delaware * Southern Utah * Youngstown State * Hofstra * Montana State * North Dakota State * Western Illinois * Cal Poly * Massachusetts * Wofford * Northern Arizona * Coastal Carolina * Weber State * UC Davis *
    ...the only visiting teams to win in Washington-Grizzly Stadium

UofMMan1122: "We are officially the most badass state in the union. "

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by grizband View Post

Hmmm... I'm not sure whether Kane was ever more than co-defensive coordinator in any way other than title. Hard to tell. I've never cared for the co-coordinator thing.

Choate is a defensive-minded coach. Kane is still fairly young. I wonder if Choate wants someone he can mold. Kane just spent 2 years as defensive quality control at Washington. Choate has good ties to Peterson, so I suppose he's satisfied that Kane can handle it. I guess we'll find out. We're going to have some young coordinators next year between Matt Miller and Kane Ioane.

1. He was fired he didnt quit. He had no choice but to "resign".
    2. Last week (Tuesday or Weds) he reached out to Messingham at NDSU and talked about KState and a possible LB coaching position.
    3. Ty is currently talking to one other school about a DC position
    4. Gregorek is a certified tool and I hope Klieman is nt stupid enough to touch this guy.
    AG1 now available in "Internet Black"

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and arm bears, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by grizband View Post

Hmmm... I'm not sure whether Kane was ever more than co-defensive coordinator in any way other than title. Hard to tell. I've never cared for the co-coordinator thing.

Choate is a defensive-minded coach. Kane is still fairly young. I wonder if Choate wants someone he can mold. Kane just spent 2 years as defensive quality control at Washington. Choate has good ties to Peterson, so I suppose he's satisfied that Kane can handle it. I guess we'll find out. We're going to have some young coordinators next year between Matt Miller and Kane Ioane.
    Kane would definitely be a young coordinator Choate could mold to his own philosophy. With Miller and Ioane as the Coordinators next season, both MSU Coordinators will be under 40 years old. I'm already looking forward to following how they perform.
    Idaho * Portland State * Cal State-Fullerton * Eastern Washington * Nevada * Delaware * Southern Utah * Youngstown State * Hofstra * Montana State * North Dakota State * Western Illinois * Cal Poly * Massachusetts * Wofford * Northern Arizona * Coastal Carolina * Weber State * UC Davis *
    ...the only visiting teams to win in Washington-Grizzly Stadium

UofMMan1122: "We are officially the most badass state in the union. "

My Team
    Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by mvemjsunpx View Post

Top three in FCS. Yes that would be a huge stretch.

Top three in Big Sky. That is not a stretch.