Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-entry...poll?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

Re-entry...poll?

I'm curious how many schools have, or have had, re-entry without the purchase of a second ticket being required. It's been a hot topic at UNI since it was gotten away with about 6 or 7 years ago, and there is a strong push to bring it back.

I know it's been talked about on here before, and hotly debated with some schools (I think Montana was one of them)

Does your school have FREE re-entry?
    Did it ever have it?
    What are you feelings on FREE re-entry?

Also I didn't put a "don't care" option because pick a side.
    Last edited by clenz; January 9th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.

My Team
    Eastern Washington

Re: Re-entry...poll?

Roos Field (EWU) allows you to go tailgate and come back after half. I think it's dumb they're throwing away all that revenue, but I enjoy being able to do it.

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

Quote Originally Posted by EdubAlum View Post
    Roos Field (EWU) allows you to go tailgate and come back after half. I think it's dumb they're throwing away all that revenue, but I enjoy being able to do it.
    Do you believe people would actually spend any real amount of money at half time or simply wait/sneak a little something in?

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Do you believe people would actually spend any real amount of money at half time or simply wait/sneak a little something in?
    Not me, in the years since I first bought season tickets, 1993, I will bet I have spent less than $20 in our stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by polsongrizz View Post
    Not me, in the years since I first bought season tickets, 1993, I will bet I have spent less than $20 in our stadium.
    WOW, big spender! Way to support your team!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
    John F Kennedy
    http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/index.php

My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by clawman View Post
    WOW, big spender! Way to support your team!!
    Yeah, why don't you report what your lifetime spending on season tickets for EWU is versus that of one of us. We'll wait. Hell even I bought 4 EWU season tickets once, and no I'm not joking.

FCS Champion
    My Team
    Illinois State

This tailgate thing is ISU's biggest hurdle with game attendance. Our tailgating is pretty strong but spread out .. so by game time, people don't want to come to game. Homecoming sells out, but seats go empty because of tailgating.

I don't 100% know for sure if re-entry is allowed under same ticket at Hancock (ISUr) ... I am pretty sure it is not allowed. Rumor is they will do limited opening of alcohol sales inside stadium within a couple years just because of this. Not sure how they intend to limit it, but they recognize it is keeping fans away.

The alcohol/tailgate factor is only one aspect .. our ISUr fanbase tends to be fair weather by nature ... literally and figuratively.

My Team
    Illinois State

Only the smokers get re-entry. They have a designated door at RA and area at Hancock where u can go out and smoke. I don’t smoke, but I have used it as an excuse to make a run to the car and come back into the stadium. Not sure they really advertise it, but I guess the answer is in some limited capacity.

As you know the state of concessions @ Roos is terrible. There is a beer garden but you have to drink it in there and it is PACKED. The lines at consessions are so long you would not buy and get back to your seat by kickoff. If they would sub the concessions out to private contractor the atletic dept would make LOTS money and provide a better overall experience.
    So... EWU needs to allow re-entry or they would have very unhappy fans because of lack of service.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
    John F Kennedy
    http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/index.php

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by clawman View Post
    As you know the state of concessions @ Roos is terrible. There is a beer garden but you have to drink it in there and it is PACKED. The lines at consessions are so long you would not buy and get back to your seat by kickoff. If they would sub the concessions out to private contractor the atletic dept would make LOTS money and provide a better overall experience.
    So... EWU needs to allow re-entry or they would have very unhappy fans because of lack of service.
    Subbing out may mean a good payout but it doesnt mean quality food, services or a better experience. That is part of there sales pitch BTW.
    Back in 2010 when we were out there I thought the food was good. They had a polish sausage with slaw on it that was tasty, Of course all of that can change quickly with different administrations.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."