Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

My Team
    James Madison

Re: CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

The highlight of JMU’s small 2019 class of only 13 signees, three Good Counsel players from MD.

Jalen Green, 3 star DE
    Julio Ayamel, 3 star LB
    Latrele Palmer, 2 star RB

Two other two star RBs, including CJ Jackson who I’m pretty excited about.

All together the thirteen in the class consist of two 3 stars and seven 2 stars.

First Class FCS Ruler whoanellie's Avatar

just an observation with all of the transfers on the JMU roster it does seem like the may be maxed out at scholarships but I believe the roster in also soon to be flushed with PWO's. No pity parties from down south.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    The highlight of JMU’s small 2019 class of only 13 signees, three Good Counsel players from MD.

Jalen Green, 3 star DE
    Julio Ayamel, 3 star LB
    Latrele Palmer, 2 star RB

Two other two star RBs, including CJ Jackson who I’m pretty excited about.

All together the thirteen in the class consist of two 3 stars and seven 2 stars.

My Team
    James Madison

After a quick glance at both schools’ 2019 rosters, I see six FBS transfers for JMU and zero for Elon. There was one FCS transfer. JMU would probably have another 5-7 if you start counting FCS or lower levels.

Did Cignetti attempt to recruit transfers? He hasn’t picked one up yet so far at JMU.

First Class FCS Advocate

Field turf and lights at URI appear to be ahead of schedule. May actually be in place by next season as all funding now seems secure:

Rams announce football class

• By William Geoghegan Sports Editor / The independent
    • Feb 6, 2019

http://www.independentri.com/sports/...e1434de3b.html

Fleming also offered an update on Meade Stadium improvements, which he said are on track.

“Absolutely thrilled that I’m having to deal with an alternate spot for the spring game, if in fact we’re ripping up the grass in Meade, because that thing is full speed ahead,” Fleming said. “I understand everything is right on track and the good people at the University of Rhode Island who are responsible for driving this thing are just clicking things right off. We will, God willing, be playing Delaware under the lights the second week of the season.”

My Team
    James Madison

It’s great to see URI invest in improving their football facility. Not having lights to play night games in 2018 is just not acceptable.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

URI is a great place to watch a game. The stands on the Ryan Center side give you an outstanding view, they are steep and very close to the field. You enter them from the top through the Ryan center - a heated enclosed area where concessions are located that overlooks the playing field. It's like having a club level area for the whole West stands.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

First Class FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    After a quick glance at both schools’ 2019 rosters, I see six FBS transfers for JMU and zero for Elon. There was one FCS transfer. JMU would probably have another 5-7 if you start counting FCS or lower levels.

Did Cignetti attempt to recruit transfers? He hasn’t picked one up yet so far at JMU.
    He got 1, but I wouldn't use that as a measurement. Elon is always a little weird on transfers. The only transfers Elon typically gets as a whole are JUCO or CC transfers into University for baseball. Football has always been light if any at all. We get the feeling that the chools kinda frowns on it.

My Team
    Elon

Quote Originally Posted by fc97 View Post
    He got 1, but I wouldn't use that as a measurement. Elon is always a little weird on transfers. The only transfers Elon typically gets as a whole are JUCO or CC transfers into University for baseball. Football has always been light if any at all. We get the feeling that the chools kinda frowns on it.
    We got one transfer from Cincinnati this year, and I think he's on campus. His brother plays Baseball for Elon, which might have been a factor in him choosing to transfer to us.

My Team
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
    Maine has 14 NLI's today with a couple of players who had FBS offers. Maine does not usually get this caliper of player, guess we are seeing the results of this past season.
    https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/2...-day-2019.aspx
    Very fired up about this class!!

First Class FCS Advocate NEBison's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State

How's Delaware looking going into next year? It looks like they lose a bunch of guys.