Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Youngstown St. off season

Youngstown St. off season

YSU appears set with the 2019 schedule. It is watered down seriously with home OOC games with Howard, Duquesne and Robert Morris. The OOC opener is away with Samford. It is one of the easiest schedules in memory. Going 4-7 will do that to you. Twelve game schedule.

Recruiting is not going well. One decent Pa. H.S. Commit and a few others currently are apparent signees coming up. Lots of Juco offers are out, but no news of closing the deals. Talent recruiting wise does not appear to be improved.

Rumor mill has the fools at YSU offering a 3 year contract extension to Bozo. With little talent returning, the misery is expected to continue. Another rumor has his brother leaving Bowling Green as their DC and returning to YSU, upset over a pay cut. The drama continues.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

My Team
    Western Illinois

Re: Youngstown St. off season

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    YSU appears set with the 2019 schedule. It is watered down seriously with home OOC games with Howard, Duquesne and Robert Morris. The OOC opener is away with Samford. It is one of the easiest schedules in memory. Going 4-7 will do that to you. Twelve game schedule.
    Any idea if that Howard game is on 9/21 or 9/28?
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

No idea. Local newspaper gave opponents but not dates.

FCS Master

Recruiting is not going well. One decent Pa. H.S. Commit and a few others currently are apparent signees coming up. Lots of Juco offers are out, but no news of closing the deals. Talent recruiting wise does not appear to be improved.

Rumor mill has the fools at YSU offering a 3 year contract extension to Bozo. With little talent returning, the misery is expected to continue. Another rumor has his brother leaving Bowling Green as their DC and returning to YSU, upset over a pay cut. The drama continues.
    I know about the Butler deal, BUT, didn't this same YSU beat Northern Iowa and give #1 NDSU fits in that game? Since we will play y 'all(southern speech) next, I would like to believe all of your po' mouthin'(more) but I'm not so sure. You may be kin to McNeese folks who sandbag so much on here.

BTW, I saw that December Playoff Semis game in 1991 when Samford would have beat the Penguins, but couldn't beat the weather up there. Our southern speed advantage was completely neutralized.

YSU appears set with the 2019 schedule. It is watered down seriously with home OOC games with Howard, Duquesne and Robert Morris.
    Curious if the game with Howard is alongside (or a substitute for) a rumored game with Georgetown next season. Howard traditionally plays only one or two I-AA opponents each year outside the HBCU's.
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

No idea. Local newspaper gave opponents but not dates.

fbschedules.com

they added a full FCS area this past June:

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/youngstown-state/
    Last edited by kdinva; December 10th, 2018 at 03:19 PM.
    1-AA is tops!!

Merely a guess- Howard played a paycheck game at FBS Kent St last season in the 2nd game. I’m guessing YSU is providing a paycheck for them to come back to Ohio. Still only rough info on the game so far.

i checked that site after getting info from the paper and still no info there.

First Class FCS Ruler Penguin Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Youngstown State

Scumbag U doesn't ever factor in performance, or personal conduct, when renewing HC contracts. This renewal is worse than Heacock's or Slocums's renewals.

A 12 game season with no FBS opponent, one opponent (RMU) ranked 121/125 by Massey in the FCS, and another (Howard) ranked 94/125. No obvious attempt to use this as an opportunity to play a MAC team, or an FCS opponent meaningful to the (tiny) fanbase.

My suspicion is not only is Bozo staying, but he will get a raise, which is why it'll wait until February when the final NE paycheck is received (any raise prior would simply lower NE's obligation).

The decades old strategy of a weak OOC schedule may finally pay off. If Scumbag U sweeps their OOC schedule (they should), then they only need 3 MVFC wins to get to 7 D1 wins, and likely playoffs. Lose to Samford, and they're likely screwed for the season.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

I see you losing at least 2 of those games

LOL ! Thats a brave prediction considering they have no QB, lose 4of the 5 OL starters with poor backups returning, lose their best RB, DL, LB ,both S and 21 seniors who played ahead of poor underclassmen.

Hey, when you lose to Butler, anything is possible. Right now, mark my words, the cupboard is bare.