Quote Originally Posted by FCS_pwns_FBS View Post
Off topic, but I notice former Furman linebacker Reynard Ellis is on Phil Steele's preseason all-Sun Belt team after sitting out a year.

I don't think I noticed him when I was watching Furman in the playoffs in 2017, but I only needed to look at his stats from his true freshman year to know he's probably a player that plays above his athletic ability because he knows where the ball will be.
He is a good player.

It was a bit of an odd departure from the program. Quoting an article from Scott Keeler last February:

The Furman football team will have the first of 15 practices in February on Friday as spring football begins. When the Paladins take the practice field it will be without 2017 leading tackler Reynard Ellis. Furman coach Clay Hendrix said that the program and Ellis have mutually decided to part ways.

"He's going to try to find somewhere that's a better fit for him and we wish him the best," Hendrix said.
http://www.furmansportsreport.com/20...-football.html

I took that as a bit of a unique statement. It was not just that he was transferring - they would have simply said that. It was that the decision was "mutual."