I was 5-1 last week. Wow, it looked like I went out on a limb with Furman and I fell a few hundred feet or so. Would have been 4-2 if it wasn't for some later game heroics by Florida State. After last night games, here's where I see it.
1) Samford - Beginning to look like the team to beat.
2) Wofford - Already has two SoCon wins in the barn.
3) Chattanooga - Will get a better feel once the season progresses.
4) Mercer - Bears manhandle former conference foe.
5) East Tennessee State - Looked like they came out a trash compactor powered by the T.
6) Western Carolina - Took the week off.
7) Furman - Another year, another weak start.
8) The Citadel - Almost got one.
9) VMI - Two beatdowns in a row land them here.
This Week's Games
Colgate @ Furman - Raiders rule the day.
East Tennessee State @ VMI - Bucs dominate on the road.
Mercer @ Samford - Bulldogs defend this house.
Wofford @ Wyoming - Terriers get corraled on the road.
Chattanooga @ UT Martin - Mocs go to 3-0
Charleston Southern @ The Citadel - Bulldogs run roughshod over cross-town rival.
Western Carolina @ Gardner-Webb - Catamounts claw their way to another win.