Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Southern Conference Football Post Season Thread

  1. #1
    FCS Ruler youcanbankit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    My Team
    Samford
    Posts
    454

    Southern Conference Football - News - Mercer Starts Spring Practice

    Last edited by youcanbankit; February 13th, 2017 at 06:38 AM. Reason: edits

  2. #2
    AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    citdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My Team
    The Citadel
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    26,736

    Re: Southern Conference Football - News - Mercer Starts Spring Practice


    It's THE Citadel. You would think after looking up at us in the standings you would know that.
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  3. #3
    AGS FCS Master dungeonjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My Team
    Wofford
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    4,672

    Re: Southern Conference Football Post Season Thread

    sorry to see the SoCon has contracted to five teams...
    here is one more for the mix

    http://athletics.wofford.edu/index.aspx?path=football&

  4. #4
    AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    citdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My Team
    The Citadel
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    26,736

    Re: Southern Conference Football Post Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dungeonjoe View Post
    sorry to see the SoCon has contracted to five teams...
    here is one more for the mix

    http://athletics.wofford.edu/index.aspx?path=football&
    The BIG question is how long that karate kicking mustachioed som bitch is gonna keep coaching. Can this PLEASE be his last year?


    Like I told you a long time ago I WISH he was ours...
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  5. #5
    AGS FCS Master
    kdinva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My Team
    VMI
    Location
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    4,891

    Re: Southern Conference Football Post Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dungeonjoe View Post
    sorry to see the SoCon has contracted to five teams...
    here is one more for the mix

    http://athletics.wofford.edu/index.aspx?path=football&
    oops: Seven


    http://www.vmikeydets.com/SportSelec...SPID=3895&KEY=
    1-AA is tops!!

  6. #6
    AGS FCS Champion
    FUBeAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    My Team
    Furman & Mercer
    Location
    Mother, mother ocean
    Posts
    6,850

    Re: Southern Conference Football - News - Mercer Starts Spring Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    It's THE Citadel.
    Just wonderin'...if the "The" is so important to include...

    1) Why is the URL "citadelsports.com"? Shouldn't it be TheCitadelSports.com
    2) Why does the helmet have only a "C" on it? Shouldn't it have "TheC" or "TC" or similar on it?
    3) Same as #2 for the SC Map logo with the "C" in it?
    4) Why do the published stats use "CIT" as an abbreviation? Shouldn't it be "TCIT" or "TheC" or similar?
    5) Why is the Official Twitter handle @CitadelFootball...and the Twitter Name CitadelFootball...and have the words "Citadel Football" (without the "The") in the description?
    6) Why does that jewelry I also just saw on there say "Citadel Football" on the side...with no "The"?

    I would imagine there are many other 'internal' examples of no "The" as I saw those 6 in about 30 seconds of search time.

    Are there strict usage rules in some manual with exceptions to delineate when the "The" is not required or what?
    If so, AGS/SoCon posters need this list of rules so that we can be properly respectful to our Bellhop friends.
    “Every single statistical category - we win!” - Coach Brent Thompson, Head Football Coach, A Citadel 10/16/21 (following a double-digit loss to Furman).

    Johnson Hagood Stadium - Home of A Citadel - ain’t it something?

  7. #7
    AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    citdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My Team
    The Citadel
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    26,736

    Re: Southern Conference Football - News - Mercer Starts Spring Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Just wonderin'...if the "The" is so important to include...

    1) Why is the URL "citadelsports.com"? Shouldn't it be TheCitadelSports.com
    2) Why does the helmet have only a "C" on it? Shouldn't it have "TheC" or "TC" or similar on it?
    3) Same as #2 for the SC Map logo with the "C" in it?
    4) Why do the published stats use "CIT" as an abbreviation? Shouldn't it be "TCIT" or "TheC" or similar?
    5) Why is the Official Twitter handle @CitadelFootball...and the Twitter Name CitadelFootball...and have the words "Citadel Football" (without the "The") in the description?
    6) Why does that jewelry I also just saw on there say "Citadel Football" on the side...with no "The"?

    I would imagine there are many other 'internal' examples of no "The" as I saw those 6 in about 30 seconds of search time.

    Are there strict usage rules in some manual with exceptions to delineate when the "The" is not required or what?
    If so, AGS/SoCon posters need this list of rules so that we can be properly respectful to our Bellhop friends.
    USE IT ALL THE TIME!
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  8. #8
    First Class FCS Ruler Bucs2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    My Team
    GO BUCS
    Posts
    809

    Re: Southern Conference Football - News - Mercer Starts Spring Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
    Just wonderin'...if the "The" is so important to include...

    1) Why is the URL "citadelsports.com"? Shouldn't it be TheCitadelSports.com
    2) Why does the helmet have only a "C" on it? Shouldn't it have "TheC" or "TC" or similar on it?
    3) Same as #2 for the SC Map logo with the "C" in it?
    4) Why do the published stats use "CIT" as an abbreviation? Shouldn't it be "TCIT" or "TheC" or similar?
    5) Why is the Official Twitter handle @CitadelFootball...and the Twitter Name CitadelFootball...and have the words "Citadel Football" (without the "The") in the description?
    6) Why does that jewelry I also just saw on there say "Citadel Football" on the side...with no "The"?

    I would imagine there are many other 'internal' examples of no "The" as I saw those 6 in about 30 seconds of search time.

    Are there strict usage rules in some manual with exceptions to delineate when the "The" is not required or what?
    If so, AGS/SoCon posters need this list of rules so that we can be properly respectful to our Bellhop friends.
    Yeah our stadium is a dump. But your mama has season tickets.

  9. #9
    FCS Ruler youcanbankit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    My Team
    Samford
    Posts
    454

    Re: Southern Conference Football - News - Mercer Starts Spring Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    It's THE Citadel. You would think after looking up at us in the standings you would know that.
    You are correct....Some of the time.

  10. #10
    FCS Ruler youcanbankit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    My Team
    Samford
    Posts
    454

    Re: Southern Conference Football Post Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dungeonjoe View Post
    sorry to see the SoCon has contracted to five teams...
    here is one more for the mix

    http://athletics.wofford.edu/index.aspx?path=football&
    Thanks. I just didn't have any information to post. Thanks for catching and correcting. Have added Wofford, VMI, and Western Carolina now. Appreciate it.

Similar Threads

  1. 2015 Southern Conference Pre-Season Thread
    By bonarae in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2015, 05:10 PM
  2. CSN Log: Post-Season Ban Remains at Southern University
    By CSN Log in forum FCS News Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 14th, 2014, 11:10 AM
  3. The Citadel: Six Bulldogs Named to All-Southern Conference Teams for 2013 Season
    By News from the FCS in forum Southern Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: November 19th, 2012, 06:01 AM
  5. Southern Conference Season End Power Rankings/Playoff Projections.
    By BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •