Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI@YSU

UNI@YSU

I think this is going to be a very low scoring game. I also think it is going to be a very good game to watch. UNI has their backs against the wall once again.............while Youngstown won a game in October and demonstrated that they can score points in the second half of games this year.

I say this could be the game of the week. Defensive battle.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: UNI@YSU

YSU only needs a couple of TD's and they win. UNI is anemic on offense and Farley always overrules his OC.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2011, '12, '13, '14 '15 '17 '18 & '19 National Champions

AGS FCS Champion

UNI usually goes on a late season tear and YSU usually goes on a late season swoon.... problem is it's only mid-season. I still think UNI plays just well enough to pick up a low-scoring win in a slugfest.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; October 11th, 2016 at 09:00 AM.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion

Come on guys it's not even November yet. YSU is still in mid season form.

What type of offense is Bo running out there in Youngtown? Can we expect an air attack or ground and pound? Can the QB run at all? I honestly haven't seen Youngstown play at all this year. I would guess if Bo has his way it is a spread attack with a mobile QB since that is all he had at Nebraska.

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

YSU by 12+

My Team
    Western Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by UNIFanSince1983 View Post
    What type of offense is Bo running out there in Youngtown? Can we expect an air attack or ground and pound? Can the QB run at all? I honestly haven't seen Youngstown play at all this year. I would guess if Bo has his way it is a spread attack with a mobile QB since that is all he had at Nebraska.
    They are strong on the ground on both sides of the ball. They don't blow anyone out with huge numbers, but it gets the job done.
    They've got a decent rushing QB (averages 74.8 yards per game running), and a decent RB in Martin Ruiz (78.8 yards per game). None of their receivers average over 40 yards per game, but they do spread it around pretty well. On defense, they have two guys in the top 10 in the FCS in sacks (which means that with Karter Schult, 3 of the top 10 sack leaders in the FCS are playing in this game). DE Derek Rivers is #2 and DE Avery Moss is #8...I'd say they have probably the best d-line in the conference.

All signs point to a low-scoring defensive battle. Almost to the point where the first team to double-digits wins.
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

My Team
    Northern Iowa

I doubt that we win, so we will probably win by 21.

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    YSU by 12+
    Several times when I have talked to former coaches I know from the MVFC the same things keeps coming up - "I will never understand why they don't just line up under center and pound the other team in the front of them. They keep trying to do different things and get in their own way".

Seems like with those big, Iowa OL you have that running a pro-style TE/FB offense would be pretty good. Instead they run zone-read 40 times a game creating confusion on who will actually get the ball because of what the defense does. UNI's roster is absolutely loaded with talent, blows UND's out of the water.
    Poster formerly named:
    Sioux

My Team
    Youngstown State

YSU has a very good defense. The only FCS school not not give up a rushing TD so far this year. They can rush the passer with ease with only 4 DL and play good pass coverage. Offense has been a work in progress. Our QB has led the team in carries the last 2 games (Thanks to our not well liked OC). Lots of read options. WR's are inexperienced but coming along. I expect a dog fight as usual with UNI.