Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI@YSU

Re: UNI@YSU

Quote Originally Posted by UNIFanSince1983 View Post
    What type of offense is Bo running out there in Youngtown? Can we expect an air attack or ground and pound? Can the QB run at all? I honestly haven't seen Youngstown play at all this year. I would guess if Bo has his way it is a spread attack with a mobile QB since that is all he had at Nebraska.
    The QB can run it and he doesn't slide enough. Instead he lowers his shoulder and takes a significant amount of hits. He was concussed at WVU. He is a big QB too. YSU doesn't throw it much, but then again they really haven't had to. When they do throw nearly every pass is to the outside. They haven't thrown over the middle all year. YSU features 3 RB's and they are all good. Webb is a speed back, Ruiz is more of a power back and McCaster is a blend of both.

The Defense hasn't allowed a rushing TD this year. The DE's are probably the best in the FCS. The LB position is missing a superstar that is suspended this year and I would say they are a little thin there. There is also some inconsistent play at the CB position at times but there is a lot of depth on defense.

YSU doesn't look anything like the team that played UNI 3 years ago. Not even close.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by F'N Hawks View Post
    Several times when I have talked to former coaches I know from the MVFC the same things keeps coming up - "I will never understand why they don't just line up under center and pound the other team in the front of them. They keep trying to do different things and get in their own way".

Seems like with those big, Iowa OL you have that running a pro-style TE/FB offense would be pretty good. Instead they run zone-read 40 times a game creating confusion on who will actually get the ball because of what the defense does. UNI's roster is absolutely loaded with talent, blows UND's out of the water.
    They need to spend more time in the weight room.
    Subvert the dominant paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by Houndawg View Post
    They need to spend more time in the weight room.
    If UNI needs more time in the weight room then UND is hopeless.

Wonder if UND has been using those power clean bumpers and thinking they were plates?
    Poster formerly named:
    Sioux

Quote Originally Posted by PantherRob82 View Post
    I doubt that we win, so we will probably win by 21.
    By seven FGs, no doubt.

I look for a low scoring game.... defensive struggle. Flip a coin as I see either winning this one. YSU may still be vulnerable by the pass however. UNI -YSU is usually won by a close game and won at the very end. Anything can happen.
    Four time I-AA National Champions

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
    I look for a low scoring game.... defensive struggle. Flip a coin as I see either winning this one. YSU may still be vulnerable by the pass however. UNI -YSU is usually won by a close game and won at the very end. Anything can happen.
    Unless UNI drastically improves in 1 week, they won't be able to exploit this. Bailey sprays the ball all over and their WR corps has been average this season.
    This should be a good old fashioned rock fight. Really looking forward to this game. UNI is done with a loss right???
    I stole this from a hockey card
    I keep trapped up under
    My 50 Mission Cap

My Team
    North Dakota State

I never know which UNI team is going to show up. I expect this to be a close game with YSU winning. That probably means that UNI blows out YSU.

Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

Massey has the over under at 37.5. I'd easily take the under in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Schism55 View Post
    Unless UNI drastically improves in 1 week, they won't be able to exploit this. Bailey sprays the ball all over and their WR corps has been average this season.
    This should be a good old fashioned rock fight. Really looking forward to this game. UNI is done with a loss right???
    Yeah we aren't beating anyone through the air this year.

Also not quite done with a loss. If we were to win out from there on we would probably get in at 7-4. That would mean wins over NDSU, SDSU, and WIU plus the FBS win over Iowa State. I mean for all intents and purposes yes probably done, but not an absolute that we are done.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Bailey is still at UNI? It seems like hes been there forever.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."