Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Sports Network Preseason All-American Teams

  1. #1
    FCS Ruler
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    413

    Sports Network Preseason All-American Teams

    15 ATLANTIC 10 PLAYERS ON 2005 PRESEASON ALL-AMERICA TEAM

    Meyer, Austin, Dawson Highlight First-Team Picks

    Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) – The Atlantic 10 Conference leads all leagues with 15 players on The Sports Network’s 2005 Division I-AA Preseason All-America Team, including five selected to the first-team. Hofstra led all Atlantic 10 teams with three players on the team, while defending national champion James Madison, New Hampshire, Villanova and Massachusetts each placed two players on the squad. Wide receiver David Ball (New Hampshire) was named to the first-team offense while defensive tackles Darrell Adams (Villanova) and Tom Parks (Delaware), linebacker Gian Villante (Hofstra) and safety Shannon James (Massachusetts) earned spots on the first-team defense.

    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...AGN3968990.htm

  2. #2
    Southland Swami TexasTerror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    25,746
    What the heck was that? I've lost more and more respect for TSN with that team then anything they've done in the past...
    -The Terror-

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5

    Did any SHSU players make it?

    Either first or second team or HM.

  4. #4
    FCS Ruler
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by lklgb
    Either first or second team or HM.
    THE SPORTS NETWORK 2005 PRESEASON ALL-AMERICA OFFENSE
    Honorable Mention
    TE: Corey Roberts, Sam Houston State (Sr., 6-5, 235); K: Lance Garner, Sam Houston State (Sr., 6-0, 185)

    THE SPORTS NETWORK 2005 PRESEASON ALL-AMERICA DEFENSE
    Second-Team School Pos. Cl. Ht. Wt.
    Markus Mikulec Sam Houston State LB Sr. 6-2 245

  5. #5
    First Class FCS Ruler
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami
    15 ATLANTIC 10 PLAYERS ON 2005 PRESEASON ALL-AMERICA TEAM

    Meyer, Austin, Dawson Highlight First-Team Picks

    Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) – The Atlantic 10 Conference leads all leagues with 15 players on The Sports Network’s 2005 Division I-AA Preseason All-America Team, including five selected to the first-team. Hofstra led all Atlantic 10 teams with three players on the team, while defending national champion James Madison, New Hampshire, Villanova and Massachusetts each placed two players on the squad. Wide receiver David Ball (New Hampshire) was named to the first-team offense while defensive tackles Darrell Adams (Villanova) and Tom Parks (Delaware), linebacker Gian Villante (Hofstra) and safety Shannon James (Massachusetts) earned spots on the first-team defense.

    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...AGN3968990.htm
    That's fantastic, but where's the complete list of all 78 players who are mentioned ? Clicking on the preseason All-American link brings up last year's listing.

  6. #6
    Major FCS Ruler Retro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lake Vegas, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,354
    Click on ALL American teams on the left menu bar and then scroll down for pre-season teams for 2005

    2005 pre-season
    "Arm yourself, because no one else here will save you"





    Twitter.com/LiveLebleuLa
    Twitter.com/DDListings

  7. #7
    First Class FCS Ruler
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro
    Click on ALL American teams on the left menu bar and then scroll down for pre-season teams for 2005

    2005 pre-season
    thanks - i would think that providing a link on the page of the actual release would also point people in the right direction.

  8. #8
    Major FCS Advocate AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    130
    Figures that only our kicker gets recognized. Although Lance deserves the honors, Corey Roberts aught to be held up to a higher level. I;m not sure if TSN used last season's stats to create this list, I haven't heard of any writers coming through HuntsVegas.

    Meanwhile, Noah Allen is a powder keg waiting to explode. Don't be surprised if he chalks up as many rushing yards as Godfrey. The kid can motor!
    AOX

    NEVER step aside, Just step up!

  9. #9
    FCS Ruler
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    413
    I thought they were about to link it. Guess they aren't so you have to click on the link on the left.

    Sorry about that!

  10. #10
    Major FCS Advocate exbearkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Austin/Houston
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange
    Figures that only our kicker gets recognized. Although Lance deserves the honors, Corey Roberts aught to be held up to a higher level. I;m not sure if TSN used last season's stats to create this list, I haven't heard of any writers coming through HuntsVegas.

    Meanwhile, Noah Allen is a powder keg waiting to explode. Don't be surprised if he chalks up as many rushing yards as Godfrey. The kid can motor!
    Huh? Both Marcus Mikulec and Corey Roberts represent SH in addition to Garner - MM on the 2nd team, and CR on the Honorable Mention team.

Similar Threads

  1. Sports Network Preseason All-America Teams Announced
    By smallcollegefbfan in forum FCS News Feeds
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: July 12th, 2009, 02:37 PM
  2. Sports Network Announces Preseason All-America Teams
    By smallcollegefbfan in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: August 26th, 2008, 02:23 PM
  3. 5 SLC players on Sports Network preseason All American squads
    By blackfordpu in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM
  4. Swami's Preseason I-AA All-American Teams
    By Josh in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: July 19th, 2005, 09:12 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 6th, 2005, 01:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •