As we head into the off season; the Gateway Conference, arguably the deepest league of all the CS Conferences will go down to just 7 teams. Of course the likely 2 invitees to the Gateway will be North Dakota State and South Dakota State: but Illinois St. Head Coach Denver Johnson has said he will not approve of the move, and Missouri State is 100% against the move... saying they are not supportive of making the league even MORE Competitive.. Which I think is just competitive.

Youngstown St. AD Ron Strollo has said if Indiana St. were to drop out of the GFC, which will not be a big surprise to many, and NDSU-SDSU are vetoed from joining: YSU will look elsewhere..... Which means... We will look possibly the move up to MAC, which is favored by many fans; or possibly look to the A10/CAA whatever the hell it's called now! :smiley_wi

As far as I am concerned: if these schools are afraid of NDSU and SDSU... They need to fire their coaches and just leave the league altogether. The Gateway is going to do it's all to make itself the best league in the I-AA; and by having it's own member schools say they are against it..... shows the lack of dedication a few of these schools have in their programs.

----
Gateway Fans on Here... Post the your 2007 Non-Conference Schedule.
----
YSU AD has told our play-by-play voice Bob Hannon that YSU will have SEVEN [7] Home Games in 2007!!!!!
Youngstown State
@ Ohio St.
vs. Stony Brook
vs. South Dakota St.
2 Open Left; sadly one rumored to be a D2.