This has been debated for years, but this came across my twitter feed today and I thought I'd bring it to the board...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...r-to-people-i/
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - The board that oversees the Fargodome has changed its mind about allowing alcohol inside the facility during North Dakota State University football games.

The Fargodome Authority decided in July to allow alcohol in suites and in a controlled beer garden during the 2015 Bison season. The group reversed its decision Tuesday night, saying it wasn’t workable and that more research was needed.

“There is no place inside to do (a beer garden), so you would have to set up a huge tent outside,” said board member Darrell Vanyo, who made the motion to rescind the previous decision. His motion passed on a 5-1 vote.

An outdoors venue would be costly, and “it just seems a little bit absurd to send people outside to a tent to have a beer rather than being in the Fargodome,” Vanyo said.

Officials will form a committee of authority members, NDSU administrators and city leaders to further look into the issue.

“It seems as though everyone was kind of in favor of, let’s have a little more research, and talking to folks @ other universities that do allow alcohol,” Vanyo said “Let’s find out from them how it’s gone and whether or not there has been any incidents and all that.”

NDSU President Dean Bresciani told KFGO radio earlier this week that he was is opposed to beer in the stands during Bison games. He said he might be open to allowing alcohol in private suites or designated locations.

The Bison are the four-time defending champions in the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision. They open their season Saturday afternoon on the road against Montana, with ESPN broadcasting the game. NDSU’s home opener in the Fargodome is Sept. 12 against Weber State.