Big South commissioner Kyle Kallander announced that a public reprimand had been given to Jerome Simpson for his post game stunt last Saturday. CSU athletic director Hank Smalls was obviously wondering why so weak a response was given to this egregious violation of league policy.

"We assumed such conduct would never be tolerated. Based on previous situations in other sports in the league, we thought this would include a one-game suspension. I certianly respect the commissioners decision and reserve further comment until I speak with the league office."

As I stated in another thread, I was speechless after witnessing this event myself. I cannot help but think that this response to Simpsons outburst is exactly why so many of our youth have no respect for authority or understanding of what is considered civilized behavior. It is one thing to be excited about a win and I have no problems with celebrating a victory, but the conduct of young Mr. Simpson last week is a conduct that we must collectively condon. Now lets see if Coach Bennett has the cahonies to do the right thing. I am not holding my breath.