Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking Up For Carson Wentz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FCS Master

Taking Up For Carson Wentz

The NDSU QB was not included on the STATS list and this Bison Blogger seems to take offense at that. He does make some excellent points about playing good under pressure.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/all...n-quarterback/

AGS Governor-General of South Canada NoDak 4 Ever's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: Taking Up For Carson Wentz

Let's just put it this way. I wouldn't trade Carson Wentz for ANYBODY.
    The reason Ursus says "probably"

My Team
    Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak 4 Ever View Post
    Anybody??? I'm going to assume you mean any FCS qb.
    Skim milk is water.

AGS Governor-General of South Canada NoDak 4 Ever's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Anybody??? I'm going to assume you mean any FCS qb.
    Anybody. This is the extent to which I'm going to feed the troll. Nothing more.
    The reason Ursus says "probably"

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak 4 Ever View Post
    What about Brock Jensen? I remember NDSU fans saying they would not trade him for anyone? lol

I'm just teasing you because actually while I will not put Carson on my preseason 1st or 2nd team All-America list I would indeed pick him over any QB in FCS. He's the best. The issue is these are preseason All-America picks. The goal is to pick who will be an All-American and with how NDSU plays if Carson is able to put up the numbers to be an All-American then he will be a first round pick. He's a better NFL prospect than Joe Flacco was. The only area where he isn't as good as Flacco is arm strength and he isn't below Flacco by much there. It's very close on the arm strength.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    What about Brock Jensen? I remember NDSU fans saying they would not trade him for anyone? lol

I'm just teasing you because actually while I will not put Carson on my preseason 1st or 2nd team All-America list I would indeed pick him over any QB in FCS. He's the best. The issue is these are preseason All-America picks. The goal is to pick who will be an All-American and with how NDSU plays if Carson is able to put up the numbers to be an All-American then he will be a first round pick. He's a better NFL prospect than Joe Flacco was. The only area where he isn't as good as Flacco is arm strength and he isn't below Flacco by much there. It's very close on the arm strength.

CW is head and shoulders above BJ in terms of athletic ability but Brock refused to lose. Mental toughness. Looks like CW has that also.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    CW is head and shoulders above BJ in terms of athletic ability but Brock refused to lose. Mental toughness. Looks like CW has that also.
    I was teasing because I remember NDSU fans saying how they loved Jensen. Jensen is lucky that Wentz was not in the same recruiting class because Jensen would have never played. Wentz is the best QB in FCS by a good margin. If I had to rank him among all classes and divisions he is one of the 10 most talented QBs in all of college football. I would argue that had you played with Jensen last year that you might not have won the title. Wentz is the real deal. He is the best player you have ever had while an FCS program. You have never heard me brag about how much of a NFL prospect a player is from your team except I have said good things about Emanuel and a little bit about Turner and Crockett but Wentz and Haeg are better than both of them. Haeg is much better than Turner and Wentz is better than anything you have had since I have been watching you guys.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    I was teasing because I remember NDSU fans saying how they loved Jensen. Jensen is lucky that Wentz was not in the same recruiting class because Jensen would have never played. Wentz is the best QB in FCS by a good margin. If I had to rank him among all classes and divisions he is one of the 10 most talented QBs in all of college football. I would argue that had you played with Jensen last year that you might not have won the title. Wentz is the real deal. He is the best player you have ever had while an FCS program. You have never heard me brag about how much of a NFL prospect a player is from your team except I have said good things about Emanuel and a little bit about Turner and Crockett but Wentz and Haeg are better than both of them. Haeg is much better than Turner and Wentz is better than anything you have had since I have been watching you guys.

You may be right with the Turner/Haeg comparison. At first I thought no way could Haeg be better than Billy but the more I have watched him the more I'm impressed. If he has a good year, he will be drafted.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

The simple fact is the other QB's play in offenses that will produce higher statistics for the quarterback then NDSU's does. I wouldn't trade Carson for any other quarterback on that list.

Dewey
    Proud supporter of the North Dakota State University Bison.

17 time National Champions

I was surprised at how good Wentzs #s were. I still don't think you can scream and yell that he factually is a better QB than Huesman though. Huesmans numbers are a little better. Wentzs team won the national title. NDSUs fans are a little over outraged though. He is a 2nd year starter. The previous 3 national titles can't be credited to him.