Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hampton defeats BCC

Hampton defeats BCC

34-17.

PROS
    Overall defense looked good. Alonzo Coleman was excellent, even though he was only about 70% healthy.

CONS
    Still have trouble with run defense, way too many dang penalties.

Looking forward to FAMU next week. That will be another tough one. If we win, it gives us a full two weeks off before the playoffs to get healthy. We really need that.
    "This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.
    ... We must do this by labor, by suffering, by sacrifice, and if needs be, by our lives and the lives of others."

I watched the game. Hampton has LOTS of speed.

I thought the three-blocked-kicks-in-a-row to be amazing. BCC just did not know what they were doing on their special teams.

Lots of easy calls for the refs. When someone committed pass interference in that game, it was REALLY interference

"This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.
    ... We must do this by labor, by suffering, by sacrifice, and if needs be, by our lives and the lives of others."

Quote Originally Posted by Umass74
    I watched the game. Hampton has LOTS of speed.

I thought the three-blocked-kicks-in-a-row to be amazing. BCC just did not know what they were doing on their special teams.

Lots of easy calls for the refs. When someone committed pass interference in that game, it was REALLY interference

Yeah- we have to stop making stupid penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by HIU 93
    34-17.

PROS
    Overall defense looked good. Alonzo Coleman was excellent, even though he was only about 70% healthy.

CONS
    Still have trouble with run defense, way too many dang penalties.

Looking forward to FAMU next week. That will be another tough one. If we win, it gives us a full two weeks off before the playoffs to get healthy. We really need that.
    i swear the espn ticker had you guys losing most of the game, was that the case of did they just have the scores backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by psc2445
    i swear the espn ticker had you guys losing most of the game, was that the case of did they just have the scores backwards.
    What's more amazing is they had the score reversed for most of the game on the ticker & the game was shown on their family network. I thought DelState was a playoff lock looking at the ticker.
    Delaware Football in the Dumpster and Henzone reads all my posting here

The ticker had Hampton losing, and for some reason, the clock was stuck on 5:33 for about 20 minutes.

So if Hampton beats FAMU do they win the auto-bid from the MEAC?

You are correct. At one point they had BC up 24-10. And then when you look at the box score on espn.com, they had BC scoring a FG in the 2nd quarter, when it was actually Hampton, they had BC scoring a FG in the 3rd qtr (didn't happen), and somehow scoring FOUR points in the 4th quarter....apparently someone hit a grand slam. :rolleyes:

You know what they say about computers (i.e., the internet)....garbage in, garbage out.
    Your failure of facial hair looks like Robin William's knuckles. - Skjellyfetti
    If there were more Republicans like you the world would be a far better place - dbackjon
    You have no idea about what's about to hit you. I would be shocked if the Bobcats don't put up 45 on you. You may put up 50 on us, but I don't think you can stop us after seeing what I just saw. - Polecat

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by griz37
    So if Hampton beats FAMU do they win the auto-bid from the MEAC?
    Yea they beat DelState head-to-head in Dover.
    Delaware Football in the Dumpster and Henzone reads all my posting here