Okay, so I'm about at the halfway point in the 2014 fundraising campaign for LiveSTRONG and the 24 Hours of Booty and I'm behind the pace of the last few years. Some of that, originally, was by design and some of that is a function of picking up new clients and being busier, work-wise, than in years past....

This time, last year, I was already over the $4k mark...right now I'm at about $2300 or so.

I had originally decided to be less diligent this year, but early in 2014 cancer claimed the lives of a few people who were pretty inspirational to me, including Ann Hartline, the lady I originally began riding for in the 24 HOB. So, if Cancer's not going to take time off, I guess the rest of us can't either..

Over the last four years, the level of support I've gotten from FCS fans has been amazing. The last two years, in particular, the AGS community has supported me in absolutely amazing ways....

Last year, IBleedYellow was my most prolific donor, hitting me for more than $600. The year before that, TheRevSFA was the most prolific, also donating more than $600 (if memory serves me correctly) throughout the year.

In 2012, AGSers contributed about $2300 total. Last year, it was more than $5,000.

Considering that most of us have never met in person, that's pretty freaking amazing. When I first got involved in all of this, I was worried about whether or not I was going to be able to raise the minimum necessary. All totalled, my donors have contributed more than $30,000 in the war against cancer. All of that started on GeauxCowboys and Fork 'Em Demons, and then really picked up steam over the last two years here, thanks to Ursus and Citdog keeping the ride at the forefront here and on The Wedge.

If you have a favorite cancer fighting initiative, please continue to support them as you're able. If you don't have one, I would ask that you consider supporting mine:

The 24 Hours of Booty, the official 24 Hour event of the LiveSTRONG Foundation.

No donation is too small. They're all desperately needed, greatly appreciated and totally tax deductible.

You guys ROCK!

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/T...nal&fr_id=1270