Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Princeton DT Caraun Reid moves up to potential second round in NFL draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Princeton

Princeton DT Caraun Reid moves up to potential second round in NFL draft

After 2 QB Sack performance at the Senior Bowl

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...or-bowl/page/4

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

Re: Princeton DT Caraun Reid moves up to potential second round in NFL draft

I am not surprised.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by World View Post

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...or-bowl/page/4
    Don't put too much stock in that. Unless it's coming from Brandt, Mayock, or Jeremiah I am always skeptical. They are not in tune with NFL draft boards. I can tell you right now some teams have had him as high as the 3rd round and most had him 4th-5th heading into Mobile. He did well but one thing the draftniks forget is that with 100 underclassmen entering and about 75 getting drafted there will be a lot of 2nd round value seniors going 3rd round, 3rd round value guys in the 4th, and so on. If Reid runs in the 4.8s at the combine, then I do think he goes late 2nd or early 3rd round. I have had Reid in the 4th round on my board for a long time. He's a stud and the best DT in FCS for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    Don't put too much stock in that. Unless it's coming from Brandt, Mayock, or Jeremiah I am always skeptical. They are not in tune with NFL draft boards. I can tell you right now some teams have had him as high as the 3rd round and most had him 4th-5th heading into Mobile. He did well but one thing the draftniks forget is that with 100 underclassmen entering and about 75 getting drafted there will be a lot of 2nd round value seniors going 3rd round, 3rd round value guys in the 4th, and so on. If Reid runs in the 4.8s at the combine, then I do think he goes late 2nd or early 3rd round. I have had Reid in the 4th round on my board for a long time. He's a stud and the best DT in FCS for sure.
    Why do you compile a draft board?

AGS Governor-General of South Canada NoDak 4 Ever's Avatar
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Franks Tanks View Post
    In case someone asks him.
    The reason Ursus says "probably"

He actually works in the scouting world and is one of the most knowledgeable people I know on FCS and lower-level college players. You would be surprised at the track record this young fellow has at picking draft choices accurately. He has been going to FCS games since he was a young whipper-snapper and I've known him since he was practically in diapers (stretching things just a little with that last line, but I've known him for over 20 years.

AGS FCS Champion

You would be surprised at all the folks who ask for it. Just sent out to the teams I deal with almost daily and some all-star games and a few media outlets consistently ask.

Caraun Reid has been rated at least a 3rd-5th round pick by most I have talked to for quite some time.

One player who you won't see get a lot of hype on this board or in the media who may get drafted late is the Villanova DE Rakim Cox. He quietly had a very good NFLPA Game and had a better season than the media gives him credit for. A lot of scouts think he is going in the 6th or 7th round.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    Best defensive player in FCS in this person's eyes. And our panel of experts agreed when they selected him as the FCS defensive player of the year today. That is two teams that have announced Reid as the defensive player of the year. I was thinking probably third round for Caraun, but I could see him rising to the second round with a great performance at the combine and at his pro day. The scouts I talked to at Princeton games this year loved him. Good kid and obviously, besides being very talented, Reid is also very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by World View Post
    Former Dartmouth QB Jay Fiedler was MVP of the 1994 East-West Shrine game and still had to sign on as an undrafted free agent.

Ended up having a serviceable NFL career. Remains number three on the Dolphins' all-time passing leaders (behind the two HOFers), and still remains last Dolphins' QB to win a playoff game (beating Peyton).

We will see how Reid does. Certainly hoping he does well!!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    Former Dartmouth QB Jay Fiedler was MVP of the 1994 East-West Shrine game and still had to sign on as an undrafted free agent.

Ended up having a serviceable NFL career. Remains number three on the Dolphins' all-time passing leaders (behind the two HOFers), and still remains last Dolphins' QB to win a playoff game (beating Peyton).

We will see how Reid does. Certainly hoping he does well!!
    I expect Caraun to have a very good pro career. He is a beast and was the best DT in FCS hands down, in my opinion and that of NFL teams and the head coaches I talked with as well.