Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSU LA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Major FCS Advocate bobcatalum05's Avatar

NSU LA

I am headed your way this year for our football matchup this year. I was hoping some of you guys on here could tell me where to stay, eat, and what to see. I like cajun food, bars, and to see the sites. Let me know what you got for me to do there.

First Class FCS Ruler NSUDemon98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcatalum05
    I am headed your way this year for our football matchup this year. I was hoping some of you guys on here could tell me where to stay, eat, and what to see. I like cajun food, bars, and to see the sites. Let me know what you got for me to do there.
    The Church Street Inn in downtown historic Natchitoches I hear is VERY nice. There are also around 60 Bed & Breakfast houses in a town of 20,000...

Natchitoches doesn't have much Cajun influence. From Alexandria-North it really isn't Cajun influence...more like East Texas...LOL!!!

Now, that aside, there is GREAT food in Natchitoches. Most either country cooking or Creole[not cajun]. Natchitoches is known far and wide for their meat pies. Lasyone's is my favorite place to eat and has THE best meat pies that are in existence. It is also a block away from the Church Street Inn.

First Class FCS Ruler Dallas Demon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NSUDemon98
    The Church Street Inn in downtown historic Natchitoches I hear is VERY nice. There are also around 60 Bed & Breakfast houses in a town of 20,000...

Natchitoches doesn't have much Cajun influence. From Alexandria-North it really isn't Cajun influence...more like East Texas...LOL!!!

Now, that aside, there is GREAT food in Natchitoches. Most either country cooking or Creole[not cajun]. Natchitoches is known far and wide for their meat pies. Lasyone's is my favorite place to eat and has THE best meat pies that are in existence. It is also a block away from the Church Street Inn.
    Isn't the place downtown (Papa's?) Cajun food? It's a big hangout.

Quote Originally Posted by NSUDemon98
    Yes, I grew up near Natchitoches and I think I was almost 10 before I met my first Cajun - I was amazed. Nationally, folks assume north Louisiana is Cajun - wrong. Definitely there is more association with east Texas.

Major FCS Advocate bobcatalum05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Demon
    Yes, I grew up near Natchitoches and I think I was almost 10 before I met my first Cajun - I was amazed. Nationally, folks assume north Louisiana is Cajun - wrong. Definitely there is more association with east Texas.

So what you guys are telling me is that the possum filled meat pies are the way to go. I kid....... I kid.....!

So what you guys are telling me is that the possum filled meat pies are the way to go. I kid....... I kid.....!
    I never asked what was in the meat pies come to think of it! :eek:

They are darn good, that's for sure.

I think it is a mixture of pork/beef with various spices. However I bet you could probably find a possum meat pie out in the sticks.

The restaurants that the guy from McNeese mentioned are both good. If you want a steak try the Trail Boss Steakhouse in the Cane River Shopping Center. Another that is more of a Bar/Grill is The Library on University Parkway. As in "Don't lie to you Ma, tell her you're at The Library". Right after the game there is a thing called "Boogie on the Bricks" on Front Street. It is a mini festival with bands, beer and ...well you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Demon
    Just like the commentators from CSTV who worked the NSU - Delaware St. game this past weekend.

First Class FCS Ruler Frosty The Snowbuff's Avatar
    Bossier City, Louisiana (But Currently La Vergne, TN)
    Meat Pies and Boudin....

Nice combination...

As for where to stay...I better leave that one to the People of Natchitoches. :nod: