Don't see this posted yet, so here goes...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...extrapoint.htm

Too long to post the article. So I'll just give his championship game...

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Appalachian State vs Cal Poly

The two most talented teams in I-AA football meet in the national title game, with star players on each side of the ball and strong offenses and defenses for both squads. There isn’t much separation between the two, but Appalachian State does have a slight edge on the offensive line and a more balanced offense. The Mountaineers will also enjoy another large crowd, and the folks from Boone will be partying in the streets of Chattanooga again after a 27-17 victory.

I didn’t want to be the guy who picks the defending champion to win it all again, but it’s hard to discount the talent the Mountaineers return and the big-time players they have on both sides of the ball. A contender could easily emerge and supplant Appalachian State in the postseason, but the Mountaineers have to be the favorite for the title right now.

The Mountaineer faithful only has a few more days to savor their defending champion status and positive vibes for the 2006 campaign. In less than one week, the preseason predictions and magazines can be tossed aside as we follow a new season of ups and downs in I-AA, or should I say NCAA Football Championship Subdivision, football. Let the games begin!