The Houston Chronicle's tour of the area in football continues, today they cover Prairie View A&M. We still have TxSt, SFA and lastly, SHSU on the docket the next few days.

The Panthers are coming off their best season in 17 years in Prairie View and expectations are up that the Panthers will continue down that winning road. Of note, the Panthers own a two-game win streak over crosstown rival Texas Southern (3rd Coast Tiger is cringing!), which hadn't been done since 1963-64! Heck, back-to-back SWAC wins was something unheard of since 1971!

Things are changing for the better and with 20 of 22 starters back, the Panthers are ready to make inroads to a winning record. This is a program definitely on the move! Good luck Panthers! Now where's Panthro and Panther88 to tell us about their squad?

------------
Prairie View looks to keep up success
With Panthers coming off best season since 1976, optimism is high
By W.H. STICKNEY JR.

By winning a national championship, a team and its coach often can count on a White House invitation, more activity on the offseason banquet circuit and nobility status in the community.

Coach Henry Frazier III can only dream about opportunities like that at NCAA Division I-AA Prairie View A&M.

But following the Panthers' most productive football season in 17 years, Frazier has spent the past nine months living like a champion in the Prairie View area.

"I never considered myself a celebrity-type person," Frazier said Tuesday. "But if I put on a PV shirt or hat, and I go out, man, I'll tell you, (people) make the connection right away. And there's conversation.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4104091.html