Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What I-AA stadiums are expanding seating ??

My Team
    McNeese State

Arrow What I-AA stadiums are expanding seating ??

Which I-AA Teams are in the process of expanding seating for this season? Let us know the before and after capacity if the additions are to be done for this upcoming season..

If the seats are packed again this year we will be expanding in 2006. You JMU fans who will be visiting Conway will notice what we mean. :o
    Lapper: The FIRST Coastal Carolinian On AGS

Quote Originally Posted by Retro
    Which I-AA Teams are in the process of expanding seating for this season? Let us know the before and after capacity if the additions are to be done for this upcoming season..
    Talk in Grizville is that more seats, something in the 1500 range is what I'm hearing, and a Press Box renovation are slated to happen at Washington/Grizzly Stadium for the upcoming season.

Nothing concrete at this point, just hearsay.
    "As if by magic or remote control, he finds a piece of a puzzle that he missed in his soul..."

FCS Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapper
    If the seats are packed again this year we will be expanding in 2006. You JMU fans who will be visiting Conway will notice what we mean. :o
    I have by no way confirmed this ... but I *heard* that they may be bringing in some temporary seats. Any other CCU faithful hear anything? I won't believe it until i see it, but we really need them. I wish the stadium was being expanded this year ... but no one expected us to have this much success this soon. I'm hoping that we continue to have another good year and 'force' them to expand in '06.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizo406
    Nothing concrete at this point, just hearsay.
    Good, because I'm not sure how comfortable hearsay is, but concrete is rough on the butt :asswhip: :asswhip:

My Team
    Western Kentucky

WKU is expanding

Western Kentucky is renovating and expanding L.T. Smith Stadium. First phase, move the track from the stadium to another site (should start soon). Second phase: Renovate the existing 18K seat stadium. Third phase: the three-story athletic/academic training facility on the University Blvd end zone. Forth phase: build seating on the other side of the existing stadium. It will be about the same amount of seats as the lower level of the existing seating. Fifth phase: A berm will be built on the Big Red Way end zone. Dirt will be brought in to have a nice slope of grass to provide space for an additional 3k fans. On top of the berm will be replica of the colonnades from the top of the hill. The colonnades will connect the lower level of existing seating with the new seating on the other side. Estimated seating capacity, 25k. Should be completed in 2-3 years.
    -
    2002 I-AA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

FightinBluHen51
    We need more seating, and the rumor mill has it coming, but not for the 2005 season

JMU is in phase 3 of our upgrades to Bridgeforth.....only problem is that I am not sure what we will do next.

I am thinking that bowling in the endzone is next.....Should put seating in the 17k-20k range, depending on how they do it.

Official current capacity is 13,559....kinda funny when we had 4 games that had over 15,300 attendance.

I don't put faith in the CCU "big wigs" anymore. Whatever happens, happens. They said that there was going to be an athletic admin building at the end of one of the endzones, but now those offices are being built next to the practice fields beside HWY 544. Maybe they are thinking if we do expand the stadium that it will now become a "horseshoe" by building seats where the building was suppose to go? I have no clue. Hopefully we can still pull in people this year with the JMU, Gardner-Webb, and VMI games @ home. It's going to be rough doing it with MANSFIELD :confused: ?

EWU Woodward Field

Last years press box and north end zone expansion raised seating capacity to 8,600 and more expansion plans are in the works but not for next year. They plan to expand the visitor side and possibly build more donor suites on that side but not sure when that phase will actually begin. The total capacity will be around 12,000 when all the phases are complete. They also are looking at putting in field turf in the near future but definitely not before next fall. Go Eagles!!!
    2010 NCAA FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS