Indiana State 7-4
Youngstown State 7-4

OR If this happens

North Dakota State 10-1
Northern Iowa 9-2
Illinois State 7-4
Indiana State 7-4
Youngstown State 7-4

No idea who gets left out... If I had to guess--Indiana State.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 06:24 PM
ISUb is the worst of those 5 imo. They all deserve to be in though.

DoubleE
November 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
NDSU and dare I say UNI are locks in, YSU after today i think is solid in with wins over NDSU and Illinois State

If i had to do a power ranking it would be......

#1 NDSU
#2 UNI
#3 YSU
#4 Illinois State
#5 Indiana State

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
It really helps that the socon will only have 3 teams in instead of 4 like they have been blathering on about.

Maybe 2.

mmiller_34
November 12th, 2011, 06:31 PM
What happens if this happens:

Outcome #1:

North Dakota State 10-1
Northern Iowa 8-3
Illinois State 8-3
Indiana State 7-4
Youngstown State 7-4

OR If this happens

Outcome #2:

North Dakota State 10-1
Northern Iowa 9-2
Illinois State 7-4
Indiana State 7-4
Youngstown State 7-4

If #1 happens, Illinois State gets in before Indiana State

If #2 happens, Indiana State gets in before Illinois State

I'm wondering if Illinois State gets left out if they don't beat Northern Iowa. If they don't beat UNI, their best win is Indiana State. But Indiana State beat WKU and Youngstown State...

AND just as I type this Western Kentucky scores on LSU to tie it up.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 06:32 PM
If ISUr beats UNI imo they are the #2 team in the valley...

AppMAN04
November 12th, 2011, 08:13 PM
It really helps that the socon will only have 3 teams in instead of 4 like they have been blathering on about.

Maybe 2.

xtroublex

This is true, but I think it helps another conference other than the MVC,,, NDSU AND UNI are locks with YSU or ISU on the outside praying someone answers the door.. Conference still weak

SoCon getting 3 or maybe even 2 helps the big boy Conferences

Big Sky or CAA more than anything

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 08:17 PM
xtroublex

This is true, but I think it helps another conference other than the MVC,,, NDSU AND UNI are locks with YSU or ISU on the outside praying someone answers the door.. Conference still weak

dont be mad get glad. No one in the bigfluffy can hit 7DI wins other than UM and MSU...Cause they bad.

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2011, 08:18 PM
xtroublex

Don't think the Big Sky will get more than the 2 Montana schools, Portland State has 2 non-DI wins.

AppMAN04
November 12th, 2011, 08:23 PM
dont be mad get glad. No one in the bigfluffy can hit 7DI wins other than UM and MSU...Cause they bad.

AHA this is true! .. Well you have a few teams left that can make a difference in the outcome of the AQ.

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 08:27 PM

Still mad about not being invited to the 'Sky, I see. xnodxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Duh, we would be 10-0 if we were in the big sky. xlolxxlolx

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 08:33 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolx

Yeah, because the Big Sky has not one team better than YSU.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolx

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 08:34 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolx

Yeah, because the Big Sky has not one team better than YSU.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolx

Im glad you admitted it that easily. xthumbsupx

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Im glad you admitted it that easily. xthumbsupx

Man, I knew you were stupid, I just never realized HOW stupid.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Man, I knew you were stupid, I just never realized HOW stupid.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Just win your next game please.

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Just win your next game please.

YSU could easily be playing in Montana before all is said and done, and we'll find out.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Yes they could, but what you quoted... you do realize the brawl will probably greatly effect NDSU's seed now, right?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Probably would.....outside of the Montana schools the rest of the Big Fluff is a joke this year.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2011, 09:08 PM
The Big Sky is its usual top heavy self this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2011, 09:13 PM
More than likely we will be playing one of the Montana schools after the 1st round.

SeattleGriz
November 12th, 2011, 09:18 PM
The Big Sky is its usual top heavy self this year.

...and the MVC still hasn't had a team in the national championship since 2005. Better to be top heavy than weak overall.

You do realize EWU had to have a TE snap the ball they had so many injuries? If EWU had 1/2 the injuries they did this year, they would be playoff eligible.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2011, 09:24 PM
...and the MVC still hasn't had a team in the national championship since 2005. Better to be top heavy than weak overall.

You do realize EWU had to have a TE snap the ball they had so many injuries? If EWU had 1/2 the injuries they did this year, they would be playoff eligible.

Injuries are part of FB. The Bison have had plenty of injuries also....depth has really helped us.

frozennorth
November 12th, 2011, 09:27 PM

Past seasons are irrelevant.

SeattleGriz
November 12th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Injuries are part of FB. The Bison have had plenty of injuries also....depth has really helped us.

EWU has had ridiculous injuries this year. The sort of injuries where guys don't come back. I realize that is the way the cookie crumbles, but EWU was served a really bad, stale cookie this year.

Appaholic
November 12th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Injuries are part of FB....

Yep...just like poor officiating...

FargoBison
November 12th, 2011, 09:32 PM

Injuries are part of football my friend. The MVFC has had some great teams since 2005 but we just didn't get it done when it mattered. The league was pretty weak last year though, despite that the league still made a little noise.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Yep...just like poor officiating...

We lost that EWU game, not the officials.

Appaholic
November 12th, 2011, 09:34 PM
We lost that EWU game, not the officials.

Wow...you might be the first NDSU fan to admit that on this site...thank you...

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Gateway/MVFC National Championships:

2002 - WKU (not a member anymore).

1997 - YSU

1983 - SIU

Runners up: 2

Big Sky National Championships:

2010 - EWU

2001 - UM

1995 - UM

1984 - MSU

1981 - ISU

1980 - BSU (not a member anymore).

Runners up: 7

Appaholic
November 12th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Gateway/MVFC National Championships:

2002 - WKU (not a member anymore).

1997 - YSU

1983 - SIU

Runners up: 2

Big Sky National Championships:

2010 - EWU

2001 - UM

1995 - UM

1984 - MSU

1981 - ISU

1980 - BSU (not a member anymore).

Runners up: 7

Remember Tod, past seasons are irrelevant....heck, games ending a couple of hours ago are irrelevant...bow at the throne of the mighty Bison and their D2 titles...

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Remember Tod, past seasons are irrelevant....heck, games ending a couple of hours ago are irrelevant...bow at the throne of the mighty Bison and their D2 titles...

Yeah, just pointing out that the Gateway/MVFC is a great conference, but the lack of respect (in fact, hostile disrespect) for the Big Sky is rather unwarranted.

Of course, the SoCon and the CAA have better stats than the Big Sky. It's just that the MVFC shouldn't talk **** until they can get more teams to/win the chipper.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah, just pointing out that the Gateway/MVFC is a great conference, but the lack of respect (in fact, hostile disrespect) for the Big Sky is rather unwarranted.

Of course, the SoCon and the CAA have better stats than the Big Sky. It's just that the MVFC shouldn't talk **** until they can get more teams to/win the chipper.

The teddy bears can earn my respect for the year by winning the brawl :D

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 10:02 PM
The teddy bears can earn my respect for the year by winning the brawl :D

Well, I'm a 46 year old smoker who drinks waaaaaaaay too much, I'm at least 50 lbs overweight, and I haven't played organized football since the eighth grade, but I'll do what I can. ;)

Yeah, that's a big one. Really hope we can pull it off.

frozennorth
November 12th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Wow, nice strawman there

DoubleE
November 12th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Ummm.......... Also your Information doesnt Include the YSU National Title in 91,92 and 94

frozennorth
November 12th, 2011, 10:16 PM

The bigsky is pretty weak relative to normal years, and are definately the weakest of the big 4 this year, taking the mvfc's normal spot.

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Ummm.......... Also your Information doesnt Include the YSU National Title in 91,92 and 94

YSU joined the Gateway in 1997. Sorry, you don't get those. Just like how not all of GSUs six titles count as SoCon champions (don't remember how many, though).

Tod
November 12th, 2011, 10:41 PM
The bigsky is pretty weak relative to normal years, and are definately the weakest of the big 4 this year, taking the mvfc's normal spot.

Yeah. PSU might have been able to make it in if they hadn't scheduled two D-II teams. Idiots. PSU lost to TCU, MSU by 2, and UM by 6. They'll likely finish 8-3 and be ineligible for the playoffs.

xsmhxxsmhxxsmhx

Squealofthepig
November 12th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah. PSU might have been able to make it in if they hadn't scheduled two D-II teams. Idiots. PSU lost to TCU, MSU by 2, and UM by 6. They'll likely finish 8-3 and be ineligible for the playoffs.

xsmhxxsmhxxsmhx

I'd still like to know which FCS team pulled out and left them scrambling to fill a spot (hence why they played a D-III team in Willamette). Best Vikings team in a long time, and the scheduling hurt them more than their play in big games.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Probably georgia southern, they do that stuff.

I'd still like to know which FCS team pulled out and left them scrambling to fill a spot (hence why they played a D-III team in Willamette). Best Vikings team in a long time, and the scheduling hurt them more than their play in big games.

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Probably georgia southern, they do that stuff.

FURMAN & YOUNGSTOWN STATE.....HAVE PLAYED CHICKEN....WHIFF DUH HENS.........WHEN DUH 'GUINS..WENT AWOL.....LEAST OURAH COONSKINNED FRIENDS...FROM SIX FLAGS..OVERAH MAYBERRAH...HAD DUH GNADS....TA GIVE US HOME..'N..HOME.......WHICH WE SPLIT.....AWK!

DoubleE
November 12th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Why would YSU want to play them ? their current non conference scheduling is the 1 FBS game (to pay for the entire athletic dept budget) and 2 non conference home game. so unless they want to come to YSU without a return game or pay $500k like the FBS schools to play @ the school it isnt gonna happen.

FURMAN & YOUNGSTOWN STATE.....HAVE PLAYED CHICKEN....WHIFF DUH HENS.........WHEN DUH 'GUINS..WENT AWOL.....LEAST OURAH COONSKINNED FRIENDS...FROM SIX FLAGS..OVERAH MAYBERRAH...HAD DUH GNADS....TA GIVE US HOME..'N..HOME.......WHICH WE SPLIT.....AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Why would YSU want to play them ? their current non conference scheduling is the 1 FBS game (to pay for the entire athletic dept budget) and 2 non conference home game. so unless they want to come to YSU without a return game or pay $500k like the FBS schools to play @ the school it isnt gonna happen.

POSSIBLY....'CAUSE DELAWARE IS 6-1......AGIN' DUH....CREATURES...HOLED UP...IN DUH ICE PALACE!...THIS WAS IN DUH LATE 90'S....AFTERAH DELAWARE.....HAD MADE DUH OHIO VISIT.....BRAWK!

P.S.......YOU YOUNGIN'S......IS EASY!

Hammerhead
November 13th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Do you realize the Bison are 2-0 vs teams in Montana since we began our transition to FCS? NDSU is also 5-2 vs big sky teams in that same time span.

Do you realize that