PDA

View Full Version : Congrats GSU

ElonPride
November 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Wanted to wish Georgia Southern congrats on the conference title!

Good jobxthumbsupx

Represent the conf well in the playoffs!

eagle07
November 12th, 2011, 02:34 PM
THX, looks like your giving FURMAN some trouble, their playoff shot is in trouble

I-16Bandit
November 12th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Whoooooo. Thanks!!!! :D :D

insideout08
November 12th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Congrats! You earned it.

gataeagles06
November 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Gotta admit, I didn't see that coming today! Not saying I don't have confidence in the boys, but I was a little scared after our offensive showing the last two weeks. Thanks for the kind words!

Engineer86
November 12th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Elon could be bursting the Furman bubble. A shame given the bug wins they have.

theasushow
November 12th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Yea Furman fell victim to the trap game.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 12th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the show of class gentlemen. We will represent the SoCon well in the playoffs. Hopefully Wofford and/or App. St. will be there with us.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 12th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the show of class gentlemen. We will represent the SoCon well in the playoffs. Hopefully Wofford and/or App. St. will be there with us.

Unless Chattanooga returns the favor next week.

whoanellie
November 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Congrats to GSU on the SoCon Championship/ Alabama? forgetaboutit.

Ivytalk
November 12th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Congrats, Eagles!

Reign of Terrier
November 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
GSU is back. enough said

theasushow
November 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Wofford needs to win next week to sleep easy about the playoffs. A 7-4 Wofford team coming off 2 straight loses would be squarely on the bubble. That being said, I think they will take care of UTC.

CropDuster
November 12th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Wofford needs to win next week to sleep easy about the playoffs. A 7-4 Wofford team coming off 2 straight loses would be squarely on the bubble. That being said, I think they will take care of UTC.

With 6 D1 wins if that's the case...

chattanoogamocs
November 12th, 2011, 04:14 PM

If they lose to the Mocs, they're toast.

Classic example of why you don't play non-DI's. If they had scheduled some rinky dink non-scholarship FCS team, then there are no worries at all.

Unfortunately, Wofford losing today is not good for Chattanooga...now the Terriers will be even more motivated.

chattanoogamocs
November 12th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Oh, and my congrats to GSU.

eagle07
November 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't want to play chatty to get into the playoffs, gonna be a dangerous game for woffy

chattanoogamocs
November 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thank God for an off week to get all our QBs healed back up.

Engineer86
November 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM
If they lose to the Mocs, they're toast.

Classic example of why you don't play non-DI's. If they had scheduled some rinky dink non-scholarship FCS team, then there are no worries at all.

Item 4 on list from NCAA manual "The committee may give more consideration to those teams that have played all division I opponents" Wofford needs a win if the committee looks at the lack of OOC wins

ElonPride
November 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Gotta give the credit where the credit is due. This is the best the conference has been in some time, and you guys have turned that program around quickly.

Again, best of luck in the playoffs. It's safe to say this Elon fan will be pulling for you. xnodx

Reign of Terrier
November 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Item 4 on list from NCAA manual "The committee may give more consideration to those teams that have played all division I opponents" Wofford needs a win if the committee looks at the lack of OOC wins

Wofford won't get in if we don't win next week

gasoutherneagle
November 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone! It's good to be back.

GSUhooligan
November 12th, 2011, 07:53 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__8TEoUtILSQ/TEutWphyVYI/AAAAAAAAARI/CLVQN7thTj4/s320/most_interesting_man.jpg

We don't always break streaks, but when we do, we prefer to break App's.

eaglesrback
November 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Wanted to wish Georgia Southern congrats on the conference title!

Good jobxthumbsupx

Represent the conf well in the playoffs!

Thx EPRIDE, Been a long time commin, I just got back home from PAULSON NORTH! Congrads to u guys for Spankin up on the Furball's!

eagle07
November 12th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Now we just wait to see if we get a seed even with loss to alabama, xpopcornx

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 08:08 PM
probable

SpeedkingATL
November 12th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Congrats Eagles. Making it thru the SoCon this year with one loss is very impressive.

eagle07
November 12th, 2011, 08:17 PM
There were very few gimmies for anyone in the socon this year

AppMAN04
November 12th, 2011, 08:19 PM
nice Sig and congrats!! You guys earned it

eagle07
November 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
thanks appman04, ms paint only the best picture editing here lol

Grizo406
November 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Good for you, Eagles!xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Looks like you might be comin' back to where you belong!xnodx

Congrats from Grizville!

Baldy
November 12th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Good for you, Eagles!xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Looks like you might be comin' back to where you belong!xnodx

Congrats from Grizville!
Just take care of the Cats next week so we can get a #1 or #2 seed. ;) :D

eaglewraith
November 12th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Now we just wait to see if we get a seed even with loss to alabama, xpopcornx

Loss to FBS team won't hurt seeding.

Grizo406
November 12th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Just take care of the Cats next week so we can get a #1 or #2 seed. ;) :D

Not a lot would make me happier than taking care of the Cats next week for ya', Baldy!

IMO, I think the outcome of The Brawl will depend on which Griz coaching staff does the game planning.

Sorry to say that I'm not real optimistic about the outcome of this game...xwhistlex

Blue Eagle
November 12th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words, considering how competitive the SoCon has been this year I am very proud of the Eagles!!!

I have been a season ticket holder since 1984, and this team has become one of my favorite Ga. Southern teams. They played with a lot of heart against some very good teams.

GO EAGLES
"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

seantaylor
November 13th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Should be the #1 seed. Sam Houston State is a farce.

Eaglesrus
November 13th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Just back from a great weekend in Spartanburg. I have to admit that I didn't expect us to take that one, but if the Eagles can continue to play like they did in the second half yesterday we might just hang in for a while. Really enjoyed meeting terrierbob and other classy Wofford folks. I'll also add my thanks for everyone's congratulatory messages in this thread.

phoenix3
November 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Gotta give the credit where the credit is due. This is the best the conference has been in some time, and you guys have turned that program around quickly.

Again, best of luck in the playoffs. It's safe to say this Elon fan will be pulling for you. xnodx

That's at least 2 Elon fans cheering for you. Definately deserved. I had a very brief exchange with Monken after our game, total class guy.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Gaterrier
November 13th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Even though we lost, it was a great weekend in Spartanburg. Absolutely great atmosphere on the best lil' campus in the US. Hats off to GSU - we couldn't stop the FB (or either the quick pitch or speed option to the left on EVERY third down) and didn't make the big plays when we needed to.

One more this week, then a new start. New season. New goals.

Hope the SoCon gets at least 3 teams in. Great year in the conference.

terrierbob
November 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM
GSU is back, obviously. Except for the score, it was a great weekend--perfect football weather, great fans, and two proud schools fighting it out on the gridiron. It was nice to have met Eaglesrus, his lovely wife and fellow Eagle fans. I have no doubt you'll have a great run in the postseason. If the Mocs cooperate, we may be biting some ankles in the playoffs.

OL FU
November 14th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Congratulations Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

GSUsTALON
November 14th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Well, Well it’s a GSU/ SoCon love fest.

This GaSo fan says thanks for all the kind words, but this is eerie. During the Paul Johnson years, 1997-2001, no one liked use. Maybe it’s just because this is the AGS board and not another school’s forum site. As far as GSU being back I still use the Erk Russell, Paul Johnson years and those recruits/players as the baseline for all other teams. While we have the coaching staff in place I still think we’re a few recruits off from being the FCS power we were in the 80s & 90s. If we do make the national championship game & play well I’ll have to reassess this years team and eat some crow. (It will make me feel more comfortable when the playoffs come and everyone picks sides.)

OL FU
November 14th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Well, Well it’s a GSU/ SoCon love fest.

This GaSo fan says thanks for all the kind words, but this is eerie. During the Paul Johnson years, 1997-2001, no one liked use. Maybe it’s just because this is the AGS board and not another school’s forum site. As far as GSU being back I still use the Erk Russell, Paul Johnson years and those recruits/players as the baseline for all other teams. While we have the coaching staff in place I still think we’re a few recruits off from being the FCS power we were in the 80s & 90s. If we do make the national championship game & play well I’ll have to reassess this years team and eat some crow. (It will make me feel more comfortable when the playoffs come and everyone picks sides.)

We still hate you. just gentlemenly enough to give you a well deserved congratulations:D

Eaglesrus
November 14th, 2011, 07:36 AM
GSU is back, obviously. Except for the score, it was a great weekend--perfect football weather, great fans, and two proud schools fighting it out on the gridiron. It was nice to have met Eaglesrus, his lovely wife and fellow Eagle fans. I have no doubt you'll have a great run in the postseason. If the Mocs cooperate, we may be biting some ankles in the playoffs.

While I'll be in Tuscaloosa with the Eagles on Saturday I'll definitely be pulling for Wofford, as well. I'm really hoping for a strong showing by the SoCon in the playoffs. Good luck to you guys!

AshevilleApp2
November 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
We still hate you. just gentlemenly enough to give you a well deserved congratulations:D

This. xnodx

Congratulations GSU. Good luck next week Wofford.

eaglewithabus
November 14th, 2011, 09:21 AM
thanks for the classy words from everyone. No way in hell would I have predicted us to play so well against wofford. They got one call where the ref said their receiver was out of bounds that was clearly b.s. after watching the replay. We owe them one for that. Hope Wofford can take care of business next week and get into the playoffs. SoCon title was up for grabs this year for about half the convference, I feel extremely fortunate that we came out on top. Hope our fellow conference teams have a good showing in the playoffs.

crabby terrier
November 14th, 2011, 02:59 PM
CONGRATS eagles!!!

we were outplayed and out coached!!!

your guys ran it it down our throats the whole second half and we couldn't stop them.

good luck next week and in the playoffs!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!

eaglewraith
November 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
thanks for the classy words from everyone. No way in hell would I have predicted us to play so well against wofford. They got one call where the ref said their receiver was out of bounds that was clearly b.s. after watching the replay. We owe them one for that. Hope Wofford can take care of business next week and get into the playoffs. SoCon title was up for grabs this year for about half the convference, I feel extremely fortunate that we came out on top. Hope our fellow conference teams have a good showing in the playoffs.

No doubt that he was in bounds. The problem was he was bobbling the ball going out of bounds. The replay showed the catch from behind so you never saw the ball, it was the correct call.

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Didn't rule him OB ruled that he didn't have possession. I was sitting a few rows up almost even with where he went out. He bobbled it. Either way great job this season Eagles!

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Didn't rule him OB ruled that he didn't have possession. I was sitting a few rows up almost even with where he went out. He bobbled it. Either way great job this season Eagles!

I don't want to hear this! heat of the moment, I want that call going our way :P

but seriously, it was a pretty well-called game overall I think, other than the one instance when GSU broke the huddle with 12 players and then called a timeout and there was no call, and this 50-50 call (I'm a homer :p don't present facts to me at this point) there was not much to say about the calls, and they didn't effect the outcome of the game

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 14th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Fair enough youngterrier! I'd feel the same way. Hate that one of your players made a stupid decision at the end of the game but it happens everywhere. Just glad no one ended up hurt. Hope you guys make it to the playoffs. Considering the way the series has been lately I wouldn't want to face you guys at Paulson. We just play each other too well on the road.

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Fair enough youngterrier! I'd feel the same way. Hate that one of your players made a stupid decision at the end of the game but it happens everywhere. Just glad no one ended up hurt. Hope you guys make it to the playoffs. Considering the way the series has been lately I wouldn't want to face you guys at Paulson. We just play each other too well on the road.

There were less GSU fans there yesterday as there were the year before. The score was closer last year. Is it possible that Wofford plays better in a more pro-GSU atmosphere?

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 14th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Who knows? I think part of it is the change in tickets this year. I didn't make the trip last year so I'm not sure how the ticket allocation was but from what the ticket office said this year we only got 1000 tickets. Also wasn't it general admission last year rather than reserved seating?

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Who knows? I think part of it is the change in tickets this year. I didn't make the trip last year so I'm not sure how the ticket allocation was but from what the ticket office said this year we only got 1000 tickets. Also wasn't it general admission last year rather than reserved seating?

yes, and you can blame the hoodlums from Statesboro for having that change :p

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Easy now, you're talking to a "hoodlum" I can't attest to all of the accusations (bottles, etc.) that swirl about on the Terrier board considering I wasn't there. I don't have any problem with the rushing of the field though. Seemed more like a big FBS win type atmosphere. And the actions of a few don't determine the group as a whole. I know you had no problems with the fan base that attended this weekends game (gsufans post) You say hoodlums, I say passionate fans. (to an extent)

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Easy now, you're talking to a "hoodlum" I can't attest to all of the accusations (bottles, etc.) that swirl about on the Terrier board considering I wasn't there. I don't have any problem with the rushing of the field though. Seemed more like a big FBS win type atmosphere. And the actions of a few don't determine the group as a whole. I know you had no problems with the fan base that attended this weekends game (gsufans post) You say hoodlums, I say passionate fans. (to an extent)
It was sarcasm, I honestly don't have a problem with GSU's fanbase when they act like they did yesterday, but the way they acted last year was inexcusable

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 14th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I figured. I've followed some of your posts on various boards. I'm not going to get in a pointless argument over fan behavior like you've been in before. Any action going to be taken by Ayers against #2?

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I figured. I've followed some of your posts on various boards. I'm not going to get in a pointless argument over fan behavior like you've been in before. Any action going to be taken by Ayers against #2?

I haven't heard, but I'd be disappointed if there wasn't

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 14th, 2011, 04:49 PM
As great of a coach as y'all have, I'd expect him to do something about it. Is he a key player for you guys?

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2011, 04:52 PM
As great of a coach as y'all have, I'd expect him to do something about it. Is he a key player for you guys?

he's missed a few games with injury so I don't think we'll lose anything necessarily if he's suspended. Though he is a great pass defender

GATA_OneMoreTime
November 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Good to hear, for some strange reason I'll find myself pulling for y'all against UTC. It'll be good for the SoCon to have y'all in the playoffs. I just hope we can stay healthy against Bama xconfusedx