UNH at Towson 3:30pm

SpeedkingATL
November 9th, 2011, 08:56 AM
ODU at William & Mary 12pm
UMass at Maine 12:30pm
URI at JMU 3:00pm
Richmond at Delaware 3:30pm

And it's possible that I miss 4 out of 5 the way the CAA is playing out.

HailSzczur
November 9th, 2011, 09:08 AM

Gonna go out on a limb here and predict my Wildcats undefeated for 2 straight weeks here ;)

GoCats60
November 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
ODU at William & Mary 12pm ...Grimes to much for Monarchs on Senior Day
UMass at Maine 12:30pm ...Win for the Bears sets up a huge game for the musket next week
URI at JMU 3:00pm Rams play spoiler to JMU and knock them out of the playoffs
Richmond at Delaware 3:30pm Who would have thought this game had no playoff implications at the start of season
UNH at Towson 3:30pm Cats hold on to win in thriller, CAA championship vs Bears to follow

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2011, 10:40 AM
W&M
Maine
JMU
Delaware

--

These four seem easy to me. I don't see W&M losing on senior day. I don't see Maine losing on senior day. I don't see JMU losing on senior day. Richmond is terrible.

The big one is Towson/UNH, obviously. UNH's defense, while generally panned, 17, 24, 21, 24 and 10 points over the last five weeks. With an explosive offense, I think this team could be peaking at the right time. That said, the Towson running game will be a real threat.

If UNH is going to win, I think the offense needs to be FAR better than it's been in the last 4 games, so we'll see if that can happen.

I'll guess UNH 27, Towson 24.

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2011, 10:56 AM
you know the CAA is down when this thread is not several pages long - be interesting to see how a down CAA fairs in the playoffs in a general down year for FCS -

HailSzczur
November 9th, 2011, 11:16 AM
you know the CAA is down when this thread is not several pages long - be interesting to see how a down CAA fairs in the playoffs in a general down year for FCS -

This thread is also 3 hours long, which has it starting at 9AM on a work day......that means nothing.
The CAA is not down and will still get 4 teams in the playoffs which is the same amount it has had the last 2 years. Just because Towson and Maine are duking it our for first still doesn't mean the CAA is down.

tribefan40
November 9th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Taking the home teams this week.

ODU at William & Mary - I expect/hope this one to look like the UNH game. Can't imagine Grimes not having a monster game in his last one at Zable.
UMass at Maine - Maine rolls.
URI at JMU - JMU puts it back together and looks to finish the season strong.
Richmond at Delaware - I'm thinking close, but UDel takes it.
UNH at Towson - Towson keeps making the case for a top seed.

Bearwitness
November 9th, 2011, 11:34 AM
The CAA is upside down, not down as a league. This forum has never been loaded with fans of Maine, Towson, and ODU. The short thread is just a reflection of where most posters come from and their lack of enthusiasm as the season winds down. I guess if more fans of those schools were posting the league would still be considered strong, huh? xrolleyesx

bluehenbillk
November 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
W&M 24 ODU 21 - ODU still on cloud nine from clinching & I think it's hard to beat Tribe with the pass (see UNH game)
Maine 36 UMass 31 - This one could go the other way but I think Maine clinches a playoff berth this week
JMU 28 URI 21 - Even though Dirty Dukes have been a car wreck lately I think they pull off a close one at home
UD 27 UR 24 - AP & Corp both have big days but Spiders continue pattern of losing close games
UNH 38 TU 28 - UNH excels at passing at KOR, two of TU's achilles heels & JMU didn't kill UNH with the run so can TU?

bluehenbillk
November 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Well to be fair, it's Villanova's bye week & that's where most of the banter comes from :) Ha - just getting amped up for next week.

HailSzczur
November 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Well to be fair, it's Villanova's bye week & that's where most of the banter comes from :) Ha - just getting amped up for next week.

Tune in next week when I take on the entire UDel fan base, then you'll be in for an long involved thread. Can't wait for it though, its shaping up for another great game like always.

TheDancinMonarch
November 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
ODU at William & Mary
UMass at Maine
URI at JMU
Richmond at Delaware
UNH at Towson

Phoebus High School Hampton VA @ Georgia State xlolx

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM

This notion is absurd. UNH, a perennial CAA powerhouse, is again, at the top of the rung. Maine has made the playoffs recently, as well, and JMU is still in the running. The CAA is not down simply because Delaware, W&M and Richmond don't have quarterbacks capable of delivering victories, and others now do..

bluehenbillk
November 9th, 2011, 12:32 PM
This notion is absurd. UNH, a perennial CAA powerhouse, is again, at the top of the rung. Maine has made the playoffs recently, as well, and JMU is still in the running. The CAA is not down simply because Delaware, W&M and Richmond don't have quarterbacks capable of delivering victories, and others now do..

Then do us all a favor..and make it past a quarterfinal game for once!

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2011, 12:53 PM

Gonna go out on a limb here and predict my Wildcats undefeated for 2 straight weeks here ;)

I agree with these picks. Nova is lying in wait until next week!:p

WrenFGun
November 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Perhaps if 11 of the 13 (and 5 of the 6 quarterfinal) games weren't played on the road, we would. :)

In the quarterfinals, UNH has played @UNI, @UD, @Nova, @Montana, @UMass, UNI. We were favored in one of those games.

bluehenbillk
November 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Perhaps if 11 of the 13 (and 5 of the 6 quarterfinal) games weren't played on the road, we would. :)

In the quarterfinals, UNH has played @UNI, @UD, @Nova, @Montana, @UMass, UNI. We were favored in one of those games.

So the lesson would be...take care of games like this in the REGULAR season so you get a seed and don't have to go on the road.

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM
The CAA is not down and will still get 4 teams in the playoffs which is the same amount it has had the last 2 years. J

down year - no real dominant team - 5 teams was the norm for a while was it not? In other years there would be 3 CAA teams that could win it all, not this year I am afraid, will be interesting none the less to see how Towson and ODU (both lost to Delaware by the way) fair in the playoffs

Pitz
November 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM
According to the penny I'm about to use (no joke):

W&M
Maine
JMU
Delaware
UNH

UNHFootballAlum
November 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
down year - no real dominant team - 5 teams was the norm for a while was it not? In other years there would be 3 CAA teams that could win it all, not this year I am afraid, will be interesting none the less to see how Towson and ODU (both lost to Delaware by the way) fair in the playoffs

If JMU wins out they will be the 5th team

UIWWildthing
November 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
ODU
Maine
JMU
Delaware
Towson

bluehenbillk
November 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
If JMU wins out they will be the 5th team

with some help

MTfan4life
November 9th, 2011, 02:17 PM
A new bandwagon every week! ^^^^^^

Old Dominion
Maine
James Madison
Richmond
Towson

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2011, 03:23 PM

phillies98
November 9th, 2011, 06:16 PM

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
ODU 24 at William & Mary 7. xsmhx Air is out of Bill & Mary. ODU is playoff bound.

UMass 7 at Maine 35. xnodx ZooMass has 4 flats. Maine on the way to the tournament!

URI 24 at JMU 27 (OT). xrotatehx JMU keeps tourney hopes alive in OT over a game Ram squad whose CAA tenure has reached its penultimate performance.

Richmond 14 at Delaware 24. ;) Hens finish strong in anticipation of 2012.

UNH 45 at Towson 42. xthumbsupx Game of the week. Decker's 6 TD performance fuels more debate that he should have started all last year, too! xbowx Fellas, just enjoy the kid this year!

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 9th, 2011, 09:35 PM
The CAA is upside down, not down as a league. This forum has never been loaded with fans of Maine, Towson, and ODU. The short thread is just a reflection of where most posters come from and their lack of enthusiasm as the season winds down. I guess if more fans of those schools were posting the league would still be considered strong, huh? xrolleyesx

Touche! xthumbsupx

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Good point! Stay tuned, ....one of these years, Sean gets it done, ...Decker may take the 'Cats to the semis & beyond this year, ....

Fear the Bird
November 9th, 2011, 09:49 PM
xlolxActually in a "normal" year UD-UR would be epic and others would be lopsided so this thread would still be short

Wildcat80
November 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
ODU 24 at William & Mary 7. xsmhx Air is out of Bill & Mary. ODU is playoff bound.

UMass 7 at Maine 35. xnodx ZooMass has 4 flats. Maine on the way to the tournament!

URI 24 at JMU 27 (OT). xrotatehx JMU keeps tourney hopes alive in OT over a game Ram squad whose CAA tenure has reached its penultimate performance.

Richmond 14 at Delaware 24. ;) Hens finish strong in anticipation of 2012.

UNH 45 at Towson 42. xthumbsupx Game of the week. Decker's 6 TD performance fuels more debate that he should have started all last year, too! xbowx Fellas, just enjoy the kid this year!

I like it!!

SonuvaHenx2
November 10th, 2011, 12:59 AM
ODU
Maine
JMU
UD
Towson

caribbeanhen
November 10th, 2011, 06:27 AM

Absurd... not at all
just take a look around
William and Mary defeats Virginia 26-14 in 2009 and gives UNC all they can handle last year suddenly loses to Virginia this year 40-3... is that not down?

JMU defeats VaTech last year and lost to Maryland by a FG the year before gets thumped by UNC 42-10.....

Nova over Temple in 2009 and had them beat again in 2010.... in 2011 gets abused in 2011 by the same Temple 42-7 --- is that not down?

and lets not forget about your UNH - with a long impressive list of FCS over FBS victories gets punked by Toledo 58-22 -- a stinging notification to all FCS/CAA fans that we are in a down cycle

I think 2009 was the pinnacle for the CAA - Again it will be interesting to see how the CAA fairs in the playoffs this year with the only given result will being the UNH second round game.....a loss for your boys unfortunately

Spiderbone
November 10th, 2011, 09:04 AM

Uh I disagree, Corp is a great quaterback and has shown it time and time again, Our kicking is awful!!! Kamin only hits 70% of his XP's, (REALLY? isn't this division I football and not High school?) and the Defense loves to give up boatloads of points to the other teams,(typically in the 4th quarter when UR is winning by 2 touchdowns). That being said, I think UR will actually win for the first time since September UR 25 (3 missed XP's) UD 24.

otherwise....

ODU 35 WM 21
Umass 21 Maine 16
JMU 38 URI 17
Towson 35 UNH 34

UD77
November 10th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Absurd... not at all
just take a look around
William and Mary defeats Virginia 26-14 in 2009 and gives UNC all they can handle last year suddenly loses to Virginia this year 40-3... is that not down?

JMU defeats VaTech last year and lost to Maryland by a FG the year before gets thumped by UNC 42-10.....

Nova over Temple in 2009 and had them beat again in 2010.... in 2011 gets abused in 2011 by the same Temple 42-7 --- is that not down?

and lets not forget about your UNH - with a long impressive list of FCS over FBS victories gets punked by Toledo 58-22 -- a stinging notification to all FCS/CAA fans that we are in a down cycle

I think 2009 was the pinnacle for the CAA - Again it will be interesting to see how the CAA fairs in the playoffs this year with the only given result will being the UNH second round game.....a loss for your boys unfortunately

You left off UD loosing badly to Navy this year after playing close the last few outings.

caribbeanhen
November 10th, 2011, 10:53 AM
You left off UD loosing badly to Navy this year after playing close the last few outings.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1719178

Yes, but I am saving some in reserves just in case he tries a snappy comeback xshhhx

Spider
November 10th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Spiders over Hens......

caribbeanhen
November 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Delaware vs Richmond is one Tough game to pick - Spiders throw the ball and Hens cant defend pass but game in a sold out? Newark -

Hens 27 Spiders 24

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2011, 09:15 AM
ODU at William & Mary
Short drive to W&M, but may be a long drive back?
ODU 24 - W&M 27

UMass at Maine
Last battle before the move to the MAC for the minutemen. May come down to the final minute?
UMass 21 - Maine 28

Going to hope for a win & IN scenario for next week...
URI 13 - JMU 27

Richmond at Delaware
@ UD, UR 0-6 in conference so this has to be UD right?
UR 24 - UD 21

UNH at Towson
Where is a coin to flip? Towson continues to prove us all wrong...
UNH 33 - Towson 34

Bonus

Georgia St. at West Alabama
GaSt. HAS to win this right? After last week, could be a blow out for WA...
GSU other 45 - West Alabama 10

UNH Fanboi
November 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Again it will be interesting to see how the CAA fairs in the playoffs this year with the only given result will being the UNH second round game.....a loss for your boys unfortunately

You sure about that? Why the smack?

The only sure thing is that Delaware will be mediocre until they get their tri-annual FBS QB transfer.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
You sure about that? Why the smack?

The only sure thing is that Delaware will be mediocre until they get their tri-annual FBS QB transfer.

you guys might want to try one as well.... I'd like to see UNH get over the hump and make some real noise in the playoffs vice one and done actually

Bearwitness
November 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
ODU @ W&M
UMass @ UMaine
URI @ JMU
Rich @ DEL
UNH @ TOW

Injuries mounting in Orono and taking their toll. Turnovers and lack of depth lead to second loss in a row.

Wildcat80
November 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
you guys might want to try one as well.... I'd like to see UNH get over the hump and make some real noise in the playoffs vice one and done actually

This offseason is the time to get an FBS QB transfer....we return ALOT of talent with a BIG question at QB!

HailSzczur
November 12th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I forgot how much bye weeks suck, even when the teams in a down year. Watching PSU/Nebraska or watching feeds and scores of FCS games isn't cutting it for me.

tribe_pride
November 12th, 2011, 02:06 PM
The CAA is down this year and it's mostly because the conference is not as solid on top this year though there are more worse teams too (since we are towards the end of the year, I'll use Sagarin to be consistent):

2011 - 4th best FCS conference and 0 in the Top 100 teams overall - 7 of 11 teams in the top 150 overall
2010 - 1st best FCS conference and 5 in the Top 100 teams overall - 9 of 10 teams in the top 150 overall
2009 - 1st best FCS conference and 4 in the Top 100 teams overall - 9 of 12 teams in the top 150 overall
2008 - 1st best FCS conference and 5 in the Top 100 teams overall - 8 of 12 teams in the top 150 overall
2007 - 2nd best FCS conference and 6 in the Top 100 teams overall - 9 of 12 teams in the top 150 overall
2006 - 2nd best FCS conference and 3 in the Top 100 teams overall - 9 of 12 teams in the top 150 overall

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 09:54 AM

absurd Wren... how did that xp go again, now that was really absurd.... CAA down as stated long before the playoffs began

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 01:17 PM
This thread is also 3 hours long, which has it starting at 9AM on a work day......that means nothing.
The CAA is not down and will still get 4 teams in the playoffs which is the same amount it has had the last 2 years. Just because Towson and Maine are duking it our for first still doesn't mean the CAA is down.

sure