PDA

View Full Version : ASU vs. FU Highlights!

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uu-1GPuKbQ

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I hope to see another game like this if not better this Saturday when Eloan comes to Greenville! :)

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFZdM9kXpN4

PaladinFan
November 7th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Did Dan Scott give a little Derek Zoolander in there on Cunningham's catch.

Rule #1 when playing Furman, don't throw at Ryan Steed. Rule #2, if you don't obey Rule #1, make sure you are ready to make a tackle.

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Did Dan Scott give a little Derek Zoolander in there on Cunningham's catch.

Lot of highlights for a team that doesn't have any athletes.

Haha, indeed man!!!

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Forcier Named SoCon Offensive Player Of The Week

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Furman quarterback Chris Forcier (for-see-A) has been named Southern Conference Offensive Player of the Week for his stellar performance in the Paladins' 20-10 takedown of consensus third-ranked Appalachian State on Saturday, the league announced today.

The player of the week honor is his third of the season, the most by any one player in the SoCon in 2011 and most by a Paladin since Walter Payton Award winning running back Louis Ivory earned four scrolls in 2000.

Forcier completed 9-of-16 passes for 224 yards and two touchdowns and also paced Furman in rushing with 11 carries for 64 yards against the Mountaineers. His four-yard touchdown strike to Ryan Culbreath in the first quarter gave the Paladins a 7-0 lead, and his 79-yard connection with Sederrik Cunningham in the second period extended Furman's advantage to 20-0.

In the fourth quarter Forcier engineered a 13-play, 68-yard drive that effectively closed out any chance of an Appalachian State comeback. Notching third down runs of 13 and 12 yards for first downs, Forcier and the Paladin offense reeled off 13 consecutive running plays that consumed 7:30 of clock and sealed the verdict.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Paladin senior signal caller continues to lead the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) in passing efficiency with a 183.79 rating, having completed 116-of-172 passes for 1,755 yards ,19 touchdowns, and only five interceptions.

Winners of three straight, including triumphs over FCS Top 5 foes Wofford and Appalachian State, Furman (6-3, 5-2 SoCon) will entertain league foe Elon this Saturday at Paladin Stadium in a 1:30 p.m. contest. The Paladins' regular season finale is against Florida on Nov. 19.

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Furman Cracks Sports Network Top 25 Poll At No. 17

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Riding the crest of a three-game winning streak, including victories over a pair of Top 5-ranked Southern Conference foes, the Furman Paladins have climbed into this week's Sports Network/Fathead.com at No. 17, it was announced today.

Furman, which defeated previously third-ranked Appalachian State, 20-10, on Saturday at Paladin Stadium, is among four SoCon teams appearing in this week's poll, which includes No. 4 Georgia Southern, No. 9 Wofford, and No. 10 Appalachian State. The Paladins trimmed Wofford, ranked No. 4 at the time, 26-21, in Greenville on Oct. 22.

The ranking is the first for Furman (6-3, 5-2 SoCon) in over a year, with the Paladins having last appeared in the Top 25 in October of 2010.

Furman's recent string of impressive wins also finally registered with FCS Coaches Poll voters, who moved the Paladins from the unranked list to 21st in their weekly worksheet.

The Paladins have been ranked in the Gridiron Power Index (GPI) for the last four weeks, holding the No. 15 slot last week prior to its game with Appalachian State. This week's GPI will be released later today.

Furman entertains Elon this Saturday at Paladin Stadium in a 1:30 p.m. game.

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
For any FU fans wanting to track how this season has progressed this year, check out this youtube channel that shows just about everything:
http://www.youtube.com/FurmanPaladinNation

PaladinFan
November 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Haha, indeed man!!!

Further reflection convinces me that it is not Derek Zoolander, but Gaylord Focker from meet the parents. Right actor. Wrong film.

ASUG8
November 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
It's painful to see Jackson throw for 314 in a losing effort. The turnovers killed us.

SpeedkingATL
November 7th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I don't think there were any highlights from that game. Reminded me of an episode of "The Twilight Zone". I kept taking shots of rum hoping it would wake me (and the Apps) up.

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I don't think there were any highlights from that game. Reminded me of an episode of "The Twilight Zone". I kept taking shots of rum hoping it would wake me (and the Apps) up.

I have noticed that ASU does not seem to put together a highlight package after you guys lose but only when you win, by the looks of the youtube channel you guys have.

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VT-U_uSc_Q

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I think bringing this back is working!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0eo_VbD6s

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Make one like this for the Furman game haha :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I8c7uhlNBw

Mr. C
November 7th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I have to say the announcer on the video was TERRIBLE. How hard is it to tell DeAndre Presley and Jamal Jackson apart, among other miscues. Thanks for posting the video, though.

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I have to say the announcer on the video was TERRIBLE. How hard is it to tell DeAndre Presley and Jamal Jackson apart, among other miscues. Thanks for posting the video, though.

Yeah not sure what was up with that either.

Anyways, Go FU, Beat Elon!!!

Mountaineer#96
November 7th, 2011, 07:16 PM

His voice also sounds like a teen age boy going through "changes".........

K-Pac
November 7th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Yes, than Dan Scott is a MO-RON. I hope he enjoys calling those games because he has no talent to go further.

PaladinFan
November 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM

It's his first year in the booth at Furman. Give him a break.

FurmanWins!!
November 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Yes, than Dan Scott is a MO-RON. I hope he enjoys calling those games because he has no talent to go further.

He is actually pretty exciting to listen to at times, but you got to be an FU fan mate :)

PaladinFan
November 7th, 2011, 09:36 PM
He is actually pretty exciting to listen to at times, but you got to be an FU fan mate :)

I appreciate the enthusiasm. Good to have someone up there who gets after it.

K-Pac
November 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I was actually OK with him until right after a Touchdown he screamed out (undoubtably aimed towards ASU fans)....."Deal with That !!"

A little Classless if you ask me.

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2011, 05:09 AM
I was actually OK with him until right after a Touchdown he screamed out (undoubtably aimed towards ASU fans)....."Deal with That !!"

Go listen to your guy, then.

FurmanWins!!
November 8th, 2011, 05:33 AM

Haha, that is what I like about him, in his first season already showing a passion for the success of FU football, gotta love it if you are a Paladin!!!

GaSouthern
November 8th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Furman 2011 reminds me a lot of GSU 2010

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 8th, 2011, 07:50 AM
You know, it's been a while since I've been to a GSU-Furman game in Greenville, but I know we brought more people than App. did that day.

AppAlum2003
November 8th, 2011, 08:11 AM

Dude was un-listenable. Not only did he call JJ "Presley" about 30 times but he started off the game pronouncing Cadet's name "Ca-Dey". Seriously, you're a professional broadcaster. The least you could do is learn the other team's starting QB and RB. And I agree with the "Deal with THAT!" statement... bush league at best. There's celebrating your team making a good play and then there's "smack"... he was completely smacking. Maybe he was dizzy from the glare off of all of the aluminum showing in the stadium.

OL FU
November 8th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Well hell, first it was the refs and now it is the radio guy. This has certainly been a wonderful week. I don't think it can get much betterxthumbsupx

Too bad the weather was goodxlolx

AppAlum2003
November 8th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Well hell, first it was the refs and now it is the radio guy. This has certainly been a wonderful week. I don't think it can get much betterxthumbsupx

FU won straight-up... no excuses about that. ASU played awful and Furman capitalized on all of their mistakes.

Sorry, forgot that the winning team can't have anything negative said about their broadcasting team. I'll work hard to not make that mistake again.

ASUG8
November 8th, 2011, 08:25 AM
FU won straight-up... no excuses about that. ASU played awful and Furman capitalized on all of their mistakes.

Sorry, forgot that the winning team can't have anything negative said about their broadcasting team. I'll work hard to not make that mistake again.

C'mon man - you don't think David Jackson gets a little more excited when ASU scores than our opponent? Give it a rest.

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM

Playcalling, refs, fans, stadium, coaching, and Furman's play by play guy...so far.

Anything else App fans want to gripe about while were getting things off our chest?

asumike83
November 8th, 2011, 08:37 AM
You know, it's been a while since I've been to a GSU-Furman game in Greenville, but I know we brought more people than App. did that day.

Well, I would hope GSU brought more fans than App to your last GSU-Furman game!

Regardless of how the game turned out, we brought an excellent crowd to Greenville on Saturday.

OL FU
November 8th, 2011, 09:03 AM

No please continue.

Was the grass the wrong color?

PS, it is all in good fun.

SpeedkingATL
November 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM
No please continue.

My seat didn't have a back...sniff..sniff.

AppAlum2003
November 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM
No please continue.

Hey hey hey... we know about grass in Boone. Don't open that can.

AppAlum2003
November 8th, 2011, 09:16 AM
C'mon man - you don't think David Jackson gets a little more excited when ASU scores than our opponent? Give it a rest.

Ugh... it's not about getting excited. It's when a broadcaster starts saying crap like "Deal with THAT!" It's smack, not excitement.

OL FU
November 8th, 2011, 09:25 AM
My seat didn't have a back...sniff..sniff.

xlolx

OL FU
November 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Hey hey hey... we know about grass in Boone. Don't open that can.

you know somehow over the last 6 years I got 19,000 posts. I assure you, I have whined more than once or twice.xnodx

I-85 Paladin
November 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
The "...deal with that." quote was a little over the top but as a Furman fan who was unable to attend the game due to another obligation, he had me and my boys cracking up when he said it. Made the long trip we were taking a little bit shorter.

There are announcers and then there are color guys. He is definitely a color guy and I appreciate it. As a Furman fan for over 30 years and an FU Alum, we have always been just a tad stodgy imo. Seeing Smolla bringing back the cheer, the band playing music that people under 60 recognize, students starting to show back up, the team playing with emotion and an announcer who calls the game with passion, I'm loving it.

Just need to stay focused and beat Elon.

AppAlum2003
November 8th, 2011, 09:30 AM
The "...deal with that." quote was a little over the top but as a Furman fan who was unable to attend the game due to another obligation, he had me and my boys cracking up when he said it. Made the long trip we were taking a little bit shorter.

There are announcers and then there are color guys. He is definitely a color guy and I appreciate it. As a Furman fan for over 30 years and an FU Alum, we have always been just a tad stodgy imo. Seeing Smolla bringing back the cheer, the band playing music that people under 60 recognize, students starting to show back up, the team playing with emotion and an announcer who calls the game with passion, I'm loving it.

He needs a new pair of glasses... #2 and #12 are two different people and #12 was under center all day Saturday.

FurmanWins!!
November 8th, 2011, 09:31 AM

Amen

FurmanWins!!
November 8th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Furman No. 8 In FCS Gridiron Power Index (GPI)

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The Furman Paladins climbed seven spots to eighth in this week's Gridiron Power Index (GPI), the index ranking for the NCAA Division I FCS and top indicator of at-large playoff selection.

Furman's advance in the GPI, which followed Saturday's 20-10 takedown of Appalachian State, was the biggest of any ranked team. The Paladins have been ranked in the GPI for six consecutive weeks.

The Southern Conference, Missouri Valley Football Conference, and Colonial Athletic Association have five teams each in the Top 25; the Big Sky Conference has three; the Great West and the Southland Conferences plus the Ivy League have two each; and the Patriot League has one.

As conference average rankings the Southern Conference stays at No. 1 followed by the Missouri Valley Football Conference.

K-Pac
November 12th, 2011, 07:22 PM
And you knew this was coming........

Elon - 41 FU - 34 ........Deal with That !!

StorminASU
November 13th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I tried to warn them all week to let it go, but no one would listen, haha.

The Socon is certainly interesting this year. Hopefully our offense found some rhythm this week that continues at Elon.

K-Pac
November 13th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I tried to warn them all week to let it go, but no one would listen, haha.

The Socon is certainly interesting this year. Hopefully our offense found some rhythm this week that continues at Elon.

You know Furman is "smarter" than that. HAHAHAHA

I agree Stormin'....... they should'a kept their mouths shut. But they (hawg, Flagman, etc.) all thought "FU is Back". NOT !! You will be "back" when you can show you are able to beat the Big Boys (ASU) and the little brothers (Elon, CCU, and Sammy).

Otherwise..... enjoy another holiday watching us play on TV. Deal with That !!