PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Richard Cook

WCU LawCat
May 19th, 2005, 07:34 PM
According to a news article posted on the UTC fan site, DL Richard cook is leaving UGA for SC St. or UTC or Valdosta. SC St. has a good shot because they just got Micheal Cooper. Cook stated that he wants to go where he can play right away and at UTC he can do that. SC St. is a team with a good coach and improving team. They are moving up my poll every day.

Rob
May 19th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I don't have my full list with me now, but here are some other possible I-A-to-I-AA transfers:

QB Andre Brown - Northern Illinois
CB Cathlyn Clarke - UConn - Western Carolina?
QB Joe Dailey - Nebraska
QB Dane Hansen - Florida Atlantic - Georgetown?
TB Jason Harrison - UCLA - Southwest Missouri St.?
DT Greg Jones - Tennessee
RB Matt Lawrence - UConn - Villanova?
DE Martin Miller - San Diego St.
DT C.J. Niusulu - UCLA
OL Evan Spanogians - South Carolina
LB Fred Sparkman - North Carolina - Tennessee St.?
S Darren Williams - Mississippi St. - Delaware St., Hampton, Murray St.

I haven't checked up on a few of these guys in a while, so some may already have landed somewhere.

Josh
May 19th, 2005, 08:52 PM
I don't have my full list with me now, but here are some other possible I-A-to-I-AA transfers:

QB Andre Brown - Northern Illinois
QB Joe Dailey - Nebraska
QB Dane Hansen - Florida Atlantic - Georgetown?
TB Jason Harrison - UCLA - Southwest Missouri St.?
DT Greg Jones - Tennessee
RB Matt Lawrence - UConn - Villanova?
DE Martin Miller - San Diego St.
DT C.J. Niusulu - UCLA
OL Evan Spanogians - South Carolina
LB Fred Sparkman - North Carolina - Tennessee St.?
S Darren Williams - Mississippi St. - Delaware St., Hampton, Murray St.

I haven't checked up on a few of these guys in a while, so some may already have landed somewhere.

Sparkman and Williams are the two who jump out at me. Both have an NFL shot.

WCU LawCat
May 19th, 2005, 11:41 PM

Whats the scoop on him? I have not heard that. Leaving because of playing time? or a suspension?

Rob
May 19th, 2005, 11:51 PM
I believe it's just playing time. He has one year left and from what I've heard, I think he's always been that "top backup" guy that could never quite snag the starting job. So he's mostly been a special teams guy at UConn.

I think Clarke to WCU may be a done deal, but I haven't had any confirmation.

WCU LawCat
May 20th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks, we enjoy your updates.

Now back to Richard Cook.

chattanoogamocs
May 20th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Cook would be quite a coup for Chattanooga and after the beginning of the week the Mocs had on defense :( , the push is on hard for him...if he wants to start right away...no problem!

from what I have been told, no problems at all with him...grades are fine, no discipline problems...Richt was really surprised he wanted to leave and I was told he worked him really hard to stay.

3 years of eligibility...that is about as good as it gets...he took a redshirt, got stronger...then had one year of SEC experience. The guy could contribute at just about any program in the country.

umassfan
May 20th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Whats the scoop on him? I have not heard that. Leaving because of playing time? or a suspension?
Quite a few UConn football players had issues with the law or something like that. Therefore that is why hes prob transfering

Rob
May 20th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Quite a few UConn football players had issues with the law or something like that. Therefore that is why hes prob transfering

That's incorrect. There were five players recently charged in a shooting, but four players not involved in that incident have also left the team. Clarke is one of them. He's probably transferring for PT.

WCU LawCat
May 20th, 2005, 07:28 AM
I'll take if from the guy who spends a lot of his time studying transfers and newcomers.

saint0917
May 20th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Five Uconn football players charged in shooting incident

Uconn Shooting (http://http://www.courant.com/news/local/statewire/hc-10012916.apds.m0095.bc-ct--willmay10,0,4795470.story)

After 2 seasons, Lawrence says it was time.

Lawrence to Transfer (http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-ucfoot0513.artmay13,0,4249484.story)

Mr. C
May 22nd, 2005, 09:24 PM
According to a news article posted on the UTC fan site, DL Richard cook is leaving UGA for SC St. or UTC or Valdosta. SC St. has a good shot because they just got Micheal Cooper. Cook stated that he wants to go where he can play right away and at UTC he can do that. SC St. is a team with a good coach and improving team. They are moving up my poll every day.
Had the chance to see Cooper play in high school (in Georgia Southern's backyard). He was really impressive, with good speed. He would be a great addition for South Carolina State. Look out for the Bulldogs in MEAC play this year.

chattanoogamocs
June 14th, 2005, 03:31 AM
well, Cook ended up at Chattanooga...

from today's Times-Free Press:
UC has Georgia transfer (http://p197.ezboard.com/fmoctalkfrm3.showMessage?topicID=1953.topic)

Eaglegus2
June 14th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Rumor floating in south Georgia is Michael Cooper will be going out to SWMS to play, not SC State.

Kill'em
June 14th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Had the chance to see Cooper play in high school (in Georgia Southern's backyard). He was really impressive, with good speed. He would be a great addition for South Carolina State. Look out for the Bulldogs in MEAC play this year.
S.C State will be good with or without Cooper. There was a rumor that he was planning on transferring to GSU but he would get less playing time here than he did at uga and we we line up with essentially three RB's instead of two.

DCboyWCU
June 14th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evan Spanogians

http://www.gamecocksportscenter.com/jpg/evanspanogians.JPG

Class of: 2004
Position: OL
Hometown: West Chester
School: Lakota West
Height: 6-5
Weight: 307bs.
Speed: 5.2
Recruiter: Coach Shankweiler
Head Coach: N/A Schools Considering Committed to the Gamecocks, over Cincinnati
Stats and Facts : Spanogians actually played tight end during his senior year in high school, which says a lot about his athleticism. He will likely redshirt as a freshman at South Carolina to learn the offensive line position, but has a nice upside with his combination of size and athleticism.

Do We need anyone else on the OL? He's got good size, and decent speed. Anyone know where he is looking to go?

DCboy@WCU

WCU LawCat
June 14th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I know we could use him

Kill'em
June 15th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Evan Spanogians

http://www.gamecocksportscenter.com/jpg/evanspanogians.JPG

Class of: 2004
Position: OL
Hometown: West Chester
School: Lakota West
Height: 6-5
Weight: 307bs.
Speed: 5.2
Recruiter: Coach Shankweiler
Head Coach: N/A Schools Considering Committed to the Gamecocks, over Cincinnati
Stats and Facts : Spanogians actually played tight end during his senior year in high school, which says a lot about his athleticism. He will likely redshirt as a freshman at South Carolina to learn the offensive line position, but has a nice upside with his combination of size and athleticism.

Do We need anyone else on the OL? He's got good size, and decent speed. Anyone know where he is looking to go?

DCboy@WCU
I recognize the area and the school. Is he from the Cincinnati area? if so i used to live about 15 minutes from his hometown.