PDA

View Full Version : Creating the Playoff Field - 11/5

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Think that all the games that matter towards the playoffs are pretty much over or 'in the bag' at this point...

AUTOMATIC BIDS
Indicates clinched automatic bid
Big Sky: Montana State
Big South: Stony Brook
Colonial: Towson
MEAC: Norfolk State
Missouri Valley: North Dakota State
Northeast: Albany
Ohio Valley: Eastern Kentucky
Patriot: Lehigh
SoCon: Wofford
Southland: Sam Houston State

AT-LARGE
Big Sky: Montana
Colonial: Maine, New Hampshire, Old Dominion
Missouri Valley: Northern Iowa, Illinois State
SoCon: Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Furman
Southland: Central Arkansas

LAST TEAM INs - Central Arkansas , Furman
OTHER TEAMS ON BUBBLE - James Madison, Delaware, Indiana State, Duquesne, Jacksonville State, Georgetown

FIRST ROUND GAMES
Central Arkansas at Eastern Kentucky
Norfolk State at New Hampshire
Albany at Stony Brook
Maine at Illinois State

SECOND ROUND GAMES
Central Arkansas/Eastern Kentucky winner at No. 1 North Dakota State
Lehigh at Montana

Norfolk State/New Hampshire winner at No. 4 Wofford
Appalachian State at No. 5 Towson

Stony Brook/Albany winner at No. 2 Montana State
Furman at Northern Iowa

Maine/Illinois State winner at No. 3 Sam Houston State
Old Dominion at Georgia Southern

GaSouthern
November 5th, 2011, 07:42 PM
you don't think Furman will win next weekend?!?

youwouldno
November 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Portland State can't get 7 D-I wins. 'Bubble team' Delaware can't get 7 D-I wins. Jacksonville St and Duquesne aren't really bubble teams unless several unexpected upsets happen.

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Portland State an at large with only 6 D1 wins? over Furman?

Engineer86
November 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
you don't think Furman will win next weekend?!?

He must cause doesn't Furman have to win out besides Florida just to get in?

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys - made a correction or two! I overlooked Portland State's second non-Div I game and that threw me off.

GaSouthern
November 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys - made a correction or two! I overlooked Portland State's second non-Div I game and that threw me off.

it's all good

WrenFGun
November 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
?? Furman and ODU get byes over Maine and UNH? Maine and UNH are currently tied in first place in the Colonial..4 Socon teams get first round byes? That's crazy.

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM
?? Furman and ODU get byes over Maine and UNH? Maine and UNH are currently tied in first place in the Colonial..4 Socon teams get first round byes? That's crazy.

Maine/UNH winner may be better off when all is said and done...

Furman will have a loss to FBS in final game, but was playing good football heading into into it with marquee wins over Wofford & Appy. ODU is going to be on a roll through the playoffs too, IMO.

Also wanted to give UNH a home game, because I knew they'd be complaining if on the road the second round! :)

And as always, you are invited to give it a shot...

Engineer86
November 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM
A Montana loss to MSU and in think it is tough for them to avoid week 1. Also winner of Maine or UNH likely gets a first round bye over ODU.

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM
A Montana loss to MSU and in think it is tough for them to avoid week 1. Also winner of Maine or UNH likely gets a first round bye over ODU.

Yes, likely on Maine/UNH winner...

NCAA loves the $$$ and will want at least one playoff game at Montana. You may be right... because first round game is at least a home game. Would love if they got sent to SHSU!

UIWWildthing
November 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Appy at #5 Towson?
My head just exploded yet again...home game, seeded and one of the "biggest names" in FCS coming to the U

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Central Arkansas will get in if Indiana State loses one of their next 2 games and JMU loses one more.

Engineer86
November 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Central Arkansas will get in if Indiana State loses one of their next 2 games and JMU loses one more.

Not if Lehigh is upset by Georgetown

katstrapper
November 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
As of right now, I wouldnt want to be team playing UCA in the first round if they get in. They are clicking on all cylinders right now.

owascoag
November 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Appy at #5 Towson?
My head just exploded yet again...home game, seeded and one of the "biggest names" in FCS coming to the U

Towson looked pretty good today.....it's real, buddy

bjtheflamesfan
November 5th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Liberty will have something to say about Stony Brook getting a free pass into the first round of the playoffs TT

ODUsmitty
November 5th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Any of the top-4 CAA schools can still win the conference. Towson is the most impressive to me, beating Maine and us (ODU) on the road. Also beat WM the next weekend on the road. UNH/Maine will be a great game.

We'll see how it plays out, but excited for the Monarchs to have 8 DI wins this evening.

Cincy App
November 5th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Much will change in the next two weeks. For what it's worth, here is my prediction for now:

Albany at C. Arkansas winner at #1 ND State
Georgia Southern at Montana

Norfolk St at Old Dominion winner at #4 Wofford
Maine at #5 Northern Iowa

Illinois State at E. Kentucky winner at #2 Montana St
Towson at Lehigh

Liberty at Furman winner at #3 Sam Houston St
New Hampshire at Appalachian St

I believe Wofford-GSU winner will likely be #4 seed for now. I feel that #5 seed is between UNI and CAA’s best. My “last in” is Central Arkansas. My last out is currently Indiana State.

EKUSteve
November 5th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Haven't been on in a while.

Only one will get in from the OVC. Jax St now has 4 losses. EKU's win was a miracle, but they won. Still have to win out. 3 teams in the OVC with 2 losses and EKU has to play two of them. The OVC race will be interesting.