PDA

View Full Version : Autobid scenarios

bjtheflamesfan
November 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM
With the last two weeks of the season upon us, if you have a chance at an autobid in your conference, post any and all scenarios that would make that happen. For Liberty its simple...beat Stony Brook in two weeks and the autobid is theirs

ngineer
November 5th, 2011, 07:30 PM
It's down to Georgetown at Lehigh next week. Winner is the champ and autobid.

apaladin
November 5th, 2011, 08:07 PM
In the SoCon if either Wofford or GSU win out they will win the auto bid. If they both lose a game then there will be a 4 way co-championship. Furman would get the auto bid as they hold the tie-breakers. The best scenario for FU would be for WC to beat GSU and then UTC to beat WC in the last game.

UIWWildthing
November 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
If I'm correct, Towson can clinch next week with a win and a Maine loss, or if Towson wins out.

NHwildEcat
November 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM
UNH needs to beat Towson next week and then also beat Maine the following week.

If Towson beats UNH then they will get the auto bid next week because of their wins of Maine and UNH (no matter what Towson does in the final weekend).

Maine needs to win out and hope for a Towson loss?. I think.

NHwildEcat
November 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM
If I'm correct, Towson can clinch next week with a win and a Maine loss, or if Towson wins out.

Since you would beat Maine in the tie breaker all you need to do is win against us.

katstrapper
November 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I think SHSU claimed the Southland AQ today with a win over SE La and a NW St loss to UCA.

Grizalltheway
November 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Winner of Griz/Cat gets it for the Big Sky. Makes an already great game that much better. xbowx

UIWWildthing
November 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Since you would beat Maine in the tie breaker all you need to do is win against us.
I was thinking that except Maine could win out and finish 7-1 in the conference. If Maine wins out, we need to win out. One Maine loss, and a win over you next week will do it for us.

NHwildEcat
November 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I was thinking that except Maine could win out and finish 7-1 in the conference. If Maine wins out, we need to win out. One Maine loss, and a win over you next week will do it for us.

Good point, I haven't looked who do you folks play in the final weekend? I guess I just assumed you would win that game. Or that we would be Maine either way :) I don't know.

UIWWildthing
November 5th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Good point, I haven't looked who do you folks play in the final weekend? I guess I just assumed you would win that game. Or that we would be Maine either way :) I don't know.

Rhode Island at Rhode Island

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
If NDSU just wins one of the last two they clinch the auto. If UNI beats Illinois St. and NDSU loses out UNI gets the auto. Those are the only two options I am pretty sure.

NHwildEcat
November 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Rhode Island at Rhode Island

Not bad...they gave us a little scare. I am looking forward to next Saturday afternoon. I just started up a thread already for it...biggest game of the year thus far in the CAA.

No_Skill
November 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
If NDSU just wins one of the last two they clinch the auto. If UNI beats Illinois St. and NDSU loses out UNI gets the auto. Those are the only two options I am pretty sure.

Does UNI have a bye next week?

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Does UNI have a bye next week?

No but we play Southern Utah which has no bearing on the auto bid.

No_Skill
November 5th, 2011, 08:32 PM
No but we play Southern Utah which has no bearing on the auto bid.

Got it.

YSU looks like a tough game (glad that's a home game), but WIU should be an auto win.

...I know, I know, MSU last year.

UNIFanSince1983
November 5th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah I have pretty much conceded the auto to NDSU, but he asked for the scenarios and that just happens to be one of them. :)

owascoag
November 5th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Winner of Griz/Cat gets it for the Big Sky. Makes an already great game that much better. xbowx

That is a great game. Enjoy. Went to a CAA school, but my Dad and Uncle are Cats and my sis is a Griz.

inpsite1919
November 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
SCSU needs a lot to happen in the MEAC. First they must win out. They also need BCU to win out. Morgan must beat Norfolk. That would create a four way tie. With SCSU with the bid off SOS

EKUSteve
November 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
EKU is now alone in first in the OVC. If they win the next two against Tenn Tech and UT-Martin at home, they are in. If not, it is a mess as EKU has one conference loss and UTM, TTU and JSU have 2.

Squealofthepig
November 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
That is a great game. Enjoy. Went to a CAA school, but my Dad and Uncle are Cats and my sis is a Griz.

Ensuring every Thanksgiving is chock full o' trash talk! :)