PDA

View Full Version : The Country's First NCAA Div I Playoffs Automatic Qualifier

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 06:35 PM
In light of the 45-20 win by Central Arkansas over Northwestern State today, coupled with Sam Houston State's 38-9 win over Southeastern Louisiana... your first NCAA DIVISION I AUTOMATIC QUALIFIER of the year is the...

http://www.logoserver.com/college/SamHoustonStateBearkats3.GIF

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Congrats to SHSU. There's quite a few good candidates for the Eddie Robinson award this year, and if SHSU finishes 11-0 I think Fritz should get it.

da_Bison
November 5th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Congrats Kats, Bison are pullin for ya.....humble classy fans, wish more of our fans were like you guys xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Congrats to SHSU. There's quite a few good candidates for the Eddie Robinson award this year, and if SHSU finishes 11-0 I think Fritz should get it.

I agree...

There are a few good candidates (particularly if Towson or Maine win the CAA this year - plus if NDSU goes undefeated), but I do not think you can look past what Fritz has accomplished in year #2 at the helm. If SHSU goes undefeated, you will be looking at a team that was picked No. 4 and No. 5 in the two SLC preseason polls.

I am not sure we can finish the regular season undefeated, but that'd be something!

BEAR
November 5th, 2011, 06:49 PM
You're welcome. xcoolx xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I agree...

There are a few good candidates (particularly if Towson or Maine win the CAA this year - plus if NDSU goes undefeated), but I do not think you can look past what Fritz has accomplished in year #2 at the helm. If SHSU goes undefeated, you will be looking at a team that was picked No. 4 and No. 5 in the two SLC preseason polls.

I am not sure we can finish the regular season undefeated, but that'd be something!

True.

4th-5th prediction in conference....to winning it with no loses....pretty impressive.

BEAR
November 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I agree...

Yeah you can. Your defense is better than ours and the Bears shut down the demons to under 100 yards in the second half and 0 points. The Bears are peaking!

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM
You're welcome. xcoolx xlolx

I've always been a Bears fan (outside of when you play Sam). Talk to Monty often! ;)

Yeah you can. Your defense is better than ours and the Bears shut down the demons to under 100 yards in the second half and 0 points. The Bears are peaking!

UCABEAR - after today, I'll give a good look at UCA's at-large chances. Perhaps the OVC shake-up this weekend was beneficial to the cause...

katstrapper
November 5th, 2011, 06:57 PM

Watched the game today... UCA defense was dominating today. I think that is the best the Bear defense has looked all season. I truly think UCA should be in the playoffs and will be a team to be reckoned with if so... Kats have outscored their last two opponents 104-9.

DJKyR0
November 5th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Congrats to SHSU! We hope to join you guys next week. :)

BEAR
November 5th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Watched the game today... UCA defense was dominating today. I think that is the best the Bear defense has looked all season. I truly think UCA should be in the playoffs and will be a team to be reckoned with if so... Kats have outscored their last two opponents 104-9.

xtroublex xtroublex Wow! That's not outscoring, that's dominating! xeekx

What is this about the OVC? (sorry, I'm not a logistics person when it comes to who needs to lose and who needs to win to make it to the playoffs. xlolx

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Per SHSU's head coach to his players post-game... "We are conference champs but that don't mean *****"

In the mind of SHSU's players, we are back to 0-0 tomorrow morning and looking to improve to 1-0 after playing Northwestern State.

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 07:10 PM
What is this about the OVC? (sorry, I'm not a logistics person when it comes to who needs to lose and who needs to win to make it to the playoffs. xlolx

As of last week's projections, I had the OVC with multiple bids - but there was some tomfoolery there today that may have taken a spot away from the league. I think that them beating on each other down the stretch outside of the likely automatic bid (EKU) will play to UCA's favor. That win streak is huge and could play to bursting other team's bubbles...

BEAR
November 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
As of last week's projections, I had the OVC with multiple bids - but there was some tomfoolery there today that may have taken a spot away from the league. I think that them beating on each other down the stretch outside of the likely automatic bid (EKU) will play to UCA's favor. That win streak is huge and could play to bursting other team's bubbles...

Gotcha. I was hoping this week would thin out the possibilities of playoffs and it did somewhat. But the Bears have to win next week. Sam on the other hand....IS IN! xbowx

X-Factor
November 5th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Congrats to SHSU. Looking really tough. Hoping we are not in the same brackets for the playoffs! Keep it up