PDA

View Full Version : the 4 most likely SoCon playoff scenarios

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Ok, so this is assuming Elon doesn't manage to beat Furman or App. and that Western does not manage to beat App. Also I will assume a 7-4 Furman team gets in.

Scenario 1: Wofford loses to both GSU and Chatty...GSU wins the SoCon outright, App. and Furman get the at-large bids.

Scenario 2: Wofford loses to GSU and beats Chatty... GSU wins the conference outright, Wofford, App. State, and Furman get at-large bids.

Scenario 3: Wofford beats GSU and loses to Chatty...four-way tie, Furman gets the autobid by virtue of a win head-to-head against Wofford.

Scenario 4: Wofford beats GSU and beats Chatty...Wofford wins the title outright, GSU, App. State, and Furman get at-large bids.

Hoping for # 2, thinking #4 will happen.

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
you mean for the last one that all 4 get in but Wofford gets autobid

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 5th, 2011, 04:27 PM
you mean for the last one that all 4 get in but Wofford gets autobid

Fixed

Reign of Terrier
I'm not voting by the way, I think we'll beat Chattanooga but I have no idea what will happen next week

Reign of Terrier
Furman would get it because of the head-to-head win over Wofford.
Wofford wins out they finish 7-1 in conference and wins autobid

asu70
November 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'm not voting by the way, I think we'll beat Chattanooga but I have no idea what will happen next week

Wofford has 2 very tough games remaining. It wouldn't surprise me to see the terriers win both, split, or lose both.

Reign of Terrier
November 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I'd say it's the most likely that we split, but I think it's more likely that we win both than lose both. Chatty hasn't won the big games it has needed if you haven't noticed, Wofford wins when they need to, especially if the playoffs are on the line