PDA

View Full Version : Future Cubs Star Szczur Interview

alvinkayak6
November 3rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQsQVDwsMfQ

self-explanatory

KNUTS
November 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
He is one of the potential players being mentioned in the Theo Epstein trade with the Sox. Haven't heard if they have ever settled on the compensation yet. As a Griz fan I hate everything that has the word "Ceaser" in it and even refuse to eat the salad or stay at the Palace in Vegas. But as a Cub fan I know that eventually he will be a very good if not great ball player and hope to let him redeem himself to me!

HailSzczur
November 3rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
His name was thrown around but the Cubbies were very adamant about not trading him. As a Sox fan I would love to see him playing the outfield at Fenway.

And KNUTS, you Griz fans aren't the only ones who dread the name. I'm sure App St, UNH, W&M, Delaware fans all feel the same way too.

AppAlum2003
November 3rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
He is one of the potential players being mentioned in the Theo Epstein trade with the Sox. Haven't heard if they have ever settled on the compensation yet. As a Griz fan I hate everything that has the word "Ceaser" in it and even refuse to eat the salad or stay at the Palace in Vegas. But as a Cub fan I know that eventually he will be a very good if not great ball player and hope to let him redeem himself to me!

Feel your pain... Lifelong Cubs fan and App St fan. Hated when Hendry drafted him but if he can help the Cubs I'd think about forgiving him.

HailSzczur
November 3rd, 2011, 08:53 PM
Feel your pain... Lifelong Cubs fan and App St fan. Hated when Hendry drafted him but if he can help the Cubs I'd think about forgiving him.

If you can think of Szczur the bball player as a different person then Szczur the football player you might be okay. But I know how hard that is, whenever the name Szczur is mentioned in articles and on tv you know that mentions of bone marrow and football are coming very soon.

UNH Fanboi
November 4th, 2011, 11:20 AM
His name was thrown around but the Cubbies were very adamant about not trading him. As a Sox fan I would love to see him playing the outfield at Fenway.

And KNUTS, you Griz fans aren't the only ones who dread the name. I'm sure App St, UNH, W&M, Delaware fans all feel the same way too.

We actually did ok against Szczur. We beat him in Nova's only '09 loss and the quarterfinal massacre at Nova had little to do with him. We beat Nova again in '10 but he was not playing. I think ASU got Szczured the hardest. He put on a display against them on their home field on national television.

alvinkayak6
November 4th, 2011, 04:35 PM
LOL @ UNHFanBoi .... "We beat him" .... He's so good that people reference King Szczur as though he was a whole opponent by himself!!

HailSzczur
November 4th, 2011, 08:02 PM
LOL @ UNHFanBoi .... "We beat him" .... He's so good that people reference King Szczur as though he was a whole opponent by himself!!

Well I mean with the performance he put up against App St you can make an argument for that. They guy accounted for 30 points, thats 6 more then App St scored all game.
He threw for 58yds and 1 TD, rushed for 104yds and 3 TD, and had 45 receiving yds and 1 TD. If you have to credit someone for that win its him.

alvinkayak6
November 4th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Where would he have gone in the NFL Draft? 6th round? Higher?

Squealofthepig
November 5th, 2011, 12:39 AM
As a Griz, I'll quickly admit he ran all over us in Chatty. He literally put the game on his back and carried 'Nova to a convincing victory. And he's one hell of a guy - there's nothing I've ever read about him that would cause me to dislike him in any way, shape or form.

But, as a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan, I'd love to see him traded to anyone else, just so he has some sort of chance at a World Series - like Ryan Theriot (a long-time Cub whom I've always loved), who managed to get his ring this year after becoming a Cardinal. :)

I mean, I've seen three Cardinals World Series wins in my lifetime, and a few other appearances. If I was a CUBS fan, I would have to be like 600 years old or so to have seen the same!

HailSzczur
November 5th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Where would he have gone in the NFL Draft? 6th round? Higher?

No one really came out and said, but It sounded like maybe 4th or 5th. Couldn't get the money (guaranteed) that the Cubs were offering. Plus the injury that took him out against Penn after the opening kickoff of week 4 and kept him out until the final game of the regular season seems like it might have made had look at the life span of a baseball player vs a football player and the chance of happy healthy life after in light of all the concussion talk.

AppAlum2003
November 5th, 2011, 10:43 AM
No one really came out and said, but It sounded like maybe 4th or 5th. Couldn't get the money (guaranteed) that the Cubs were offering. Plus the injury that took him out against Penn after the opening kickoff of week 4 and kept him out until the final game of the regular season seems like it might have made had look at the life span of a baseball player vs a football player and the chance of happy healthy life after in light of all the concussion talk.

That's one major change with the Ricketts family... Cubs went after draftees with money they couldn't turn down. In the past, a lot of these kids would have gone back to school and waited until the next draft.

AppAlum2003
November 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
As a Griz, I'll quickly admit he ran all over us in Chatty. He literally put the game on his back and carried 'Nova to a convincing victory. And he's one hell of a guy - there's nothing I've ever read about him that would cause me to dislike him in any way, shape or form.

But, as a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan, I'd love to see him traded to anyone else, just so he has some sort of chance at a World Series - like Ryan Theriot (a long-time Cub whom I've always loved), who managed to get his ring this year after becoming a Cardinal. :)

I mean, I've seen three Cardinals World Series wins in my lifetime, and a few other appearances. If I was a CUBS fan, I would have to be like 600 years old or so to have seen the same!

Spent my entire life watching players leave the Cubs and magically finding success somewhere else.

alvinkayak6
November 5th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I just can't imagine anyone playing 162 games a year (or more). It's better than the NBA (currently 0 per year), but still it would be very demanding of you.