PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross at Lehigh Thread

ngineer
November 2nd, 2011, 04:42 PM
The week's half shot, time to start focusing on what's real. Forecast for Goodman Stadium on Saturday is for a bright "sunshiney day" and temps in the upper 50's. A perfect day for some football. South Mountain should be bursting with the orange, reds and yellows....hopefully electrical power will have been restored! Campus has been closed since this past Saturday due to massive power outages in the Lehigh Valley. Students were sent home with classes not to resume until Thursday a.m. Football team has had to adjust its schedule to practice when locker rooms wouldn't need lights and arrangements for film study off campus so computers and projectors could be used. Moreover, a number of curricula were to hold monthly exams this week. So it could be a bunch of distractions for LU or a great time to bond as a team. My sense is that the team is fully aware of how special a season they are putting together and nothing is going to derail this runaway freight train. A lot of guys are rehealed and rarin to go. Holy Cross always comes to town geared up for Lehigh as their HC was Lehigh's former DC and have won the last three visits at Goodman. HC Coen broke his winless streak at Colgate last week and I fully expect him to break the HC streak this week. Lehigh's tremendous balance on offense makes them so difficult to defend, but it should be a high scoring affair as HC's Taggart is no slouch at slinging the ball. LU secondary will be tested often. My prediction at the moment is Lehigh 38-17.

Southsider
November 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
I think your assessment is pretty accurate. This team really seems focused. I see this game as business as usual. LU will be well prepared, probably give up some yards and a few points, but wins by double digits. BTW, there are some on the Cross board that predict a Crusader victory, which comes as no surprise. Being totally objective here, it would take a total collapse by LU for that to happen.

Sader87
November 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Holy Cross 43 Lehigh 42 ....1991 Part Deux

LUHawker
November 2nd, 2011, 09:01 PM

Ahn, Sader, if only a real Part Deux to allow us to avenge that most painful of losses. While I appreciate your nostalgic twist here, if memory serves me, both Lehigh and HC were top 10 teams on that fateful day and the game proved to be a 15 round full tilt bout. This year, this is not the case. HC looked impressive early on, but seems to have lost their way. They may, in fact, dig deep and make this a thriller, but Lehigh and HC are performing at different levels right now and I think Part Deux will have to come another day.

With that in mind, I still consider that '91 game the best game I have ever witnessed on any level even though my team lost and I was emotionally drained for the rest of that day - a truly incredible game. As an aside, a very close friend of mine who attended that game called me later that day to marvel at the game as the highlights of each score were apparently being show as they happened on ESPN. That game was a big deal!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Ahn, Sader, if only a real Part Deux to allow us to avenge that most painful of losses. While I appreciate your nostalgic twist here, if memory serves me, both Lehigh and HC were top 10 teams on that fateful day and the game proved to be a 15 round full tilt bout. This year, this is not the case. HC looked impressive early on, but seems to have lost their way. They may, in fact, dig deep and make this a thriller, but Lehigh and HC are performing at different levels right now and I think Part Deux will have to come another day.

With that in mind, I still consider that '91 game the best game I have ever witnessed on any level even though my team lost and I was emotionally drained for the rest of that day - a truly incredible game. As an aside, a very close friend of mine who attended that game called me later that day to marvel at the game as the highlights of each score were apparently being show as they happened on ESPN. That game was a big deal!

That game was incredible, one i'll never forget!! I wish the PL had a playoff invite that year. Both HC or Lehigh could have made a run imo. That's the forgotten great Lehigh team.

crusader11
November 2nd, 2011, 10:55 PM
Any film of this game? I was just a young'n at the time.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Lehigh's 1991 schedule, 2 points away from being perfect...

Lehigh 32 Fordham 7 Bronx, NY
Lehigh 35 UCONN 19 Storrs, CT
Lehigh 22 Columbia 9 NYC
Lehigh 30 Dartmouth 28 Bethlehem, Dartmouth was really good, Fielder was their QB
Lehigh 35 Northeastern 22 Bethlehem
Lehigh 28 Penn 17 Bethlehem
Holy Cross 43 Lehigh 42 Bethlehem
Lehigh 41 William & Mary 37 Bethlehem
Colgate 22 Lehigh 21 Hamilton, how did they lose this game??
Lehigh 41 Bucknell 13 Lewisburg
Lehigh 36 Lafayette 18 Bethlehem, largest crowd in Goodman history, 19k+

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2011, 11:19 PM

Lehigh did a "Top 25 Games in Goodman History" video and that game was ranked #3 i believe. If someone has that video you can see the highlights.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2011, 11:27 PM
That game was incredible, one i'll never forget!! I wish the PL had a playoff invite that year. Both HC or Lehigh could have made a run imo. That's the forgotten great Lehigh team.

Yes, the team went 9-2 with the only other loss to Colgate by a 22-21 score. Didn't that game include a 'fumblerooskie' play with a lineman?

ngineer
November 2nd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Lehigh did a "Top 25 Games in Goodman History" video and that game was ranked #3 i believe. If someone has that video you can see the highlights.

It's possible it could be somewhere on the Lehigh sports website?

hawkineer
November 3rd, 2011, 05:53 AM

Actually, it was voted the number 2 game in the first twenty years at Goodman. The '95 OT Lafayette game in the dark was number 1. I have the DVD. It was the only game on the list that LU lost. Says something!

The Historian
November 3rd, 2011, 05:55 AM
The score of the game was 7-7 at halftime. There was a successful fumblerooskie on one of Lehigh's two-point tries. There was no overtime back then and it would have probably been because Lehigh went for two points on the last TD of the game and failed.

Doc QB
November 3rd, 2011, 07:21 AM

Greatest game I ever saw...was a frosh on sideline for that game, didnt play a down, but was so emotionally spent following that game felt like I did. Ciacco vs Kempa, two guys I respected immensely. Wow.

Doc QB
November 3rd, 2011, 07:25 AM

11...my buddy has the VHS TV clip of it, he still does the color analysis for LU on TV. I lent mine to a friend a few years back and it disappeared. However, I personally have the endzone cut, our O-line coach gave me a copy one summer, just shows from tackle-to-tackle, no announcers, no other angles. When the ball is going toward the grass hill endzone, it was just crazy to watch, as the hill was absolutely shoulder to shoulder spectators and loud. Watching it still gives me goosebumps. If I could ever get my VHS to DVD burner VCR to work again (I think VCR heads are ruined) I'd make a copy to have on disc forever, and would burn one for you.

Doc QB
November 3rd, 2011, 07:37 AM
Yes, the team went 9-2 with the only other loss to Colgate by a 22-21 score. Didn't that game include a 'fumblerooskie' play with a lineman?

Yes there was a fumblerooskie. A little history here...Brian Hensel was one of the grad assistants that year, an ex-LU O-lineman (the "Chain Gang) who was the first to run the 'rooskie' for a score under Hank Small. Another grad assistant, Al Snyder, was a former LU back-up QB who backed up Kempa the year prior. LU scored to pull within one, and it was Al who said to Coach Small, "How about the fumblerooskie?" That was to be our game winner, as we had just scored late (only three minutes or so remained), and a successful two pointer there would seal the game, first win over HC ever, and conference crown.

Well, it worked, and it was awesome. But Ciacco drove HC right back and scored and HC went up AGAIN. And with little time left, Kempa somehow rallied us for another score. With our best two point play spent, our next one in the bank was an endzone combo pattern, some teams call it a smash route, a high-low on a hard corner with inside guy running a corner route, wide guy a pirrouette (sp?) five yard in route. Always tough to defend, as the CB is isolated. Tough to defend unless you have six men under in coverage, the so called "picket fense." Which is what HC did, our two pt play fell imcomplete into very tight coverage...HC wins.

On a more somber note, Al Snyder died the following spring in a freak men's baseball league batting accident, a massive head trauma, batted ball back to pitchers mound during BP. He was the offense grad assistant, took care of the frosh QBs (one of which was me), a great mentor to young LU QBs, great friend, recruited me to rush his fraternity at LU as well. Had Kempa never been at LU, he would have done great things and been remembered as one of their greats I am sure. I'll remember him as a great man and friend, and ALWAYS that he got the fumblerooskie in the game in '91.

RichH2
November 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
One of the best games I have ever been to bar none even tho we lost ( revisionist part , we just ran out of time) . Over the years many memorable times, Kim Mc at Army,Harris at LC ( also a loss) , The catch in the dark and on and on. Since I have been involved with LU football since the early 60s, I no longer crave such nerve wracking draining moments. Letssee if we can just beat Cross handily , so I can start to worry about Hoyas.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
I was at that game, too, as a fan. Twas my senior year at Lehigh, and one of the best games I've ever seen at Murray Goodman as well.

I remember the second 2pt try was somewhat disorganized. We thought that LU might be trying another one at that point!

Doc, that's a great personal story about the (first) decision on the 2 pt conversion!

Doc QB
November 3rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
Doc, that's a great personal story about the (first) decision on the 2 pt conversion!

Thanks, man. This years UNH-LU game was similar to a point, my crowd of ex-players were sitting high in goodman and that HC game in '91 came up a bunch. May sound a bit lame, but just typing it had my hands trembling, on edge, just like the game.

And remembering Al Snyder, well, that will choke me up another twenty years I am sure.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
Reading these posts about the ol' 91 HC/LU game is already getting me psyched. Might we see another 'pinball machine' type game with the scoreboard lighting up incessantly? Great stuff guys.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2011, 08:21 PM
Forecast is holding. Despite a cold front approaching from the west, only some scattered clouds are expected Saturday a.m. giving way to billiant sunshine. Lehigh practices have gone forward though adjusted for getting the most out of daylight time. Power was to have returned to campus today. Good article in the Morning Call this a.m. about how Lehigh has dealt with the power outage with assists from Lafayette to use their computer systems to digitally exchange film with Georgetown and from D-III Moravian College who allowed the staff and team to use some facilities. Who says archrivals cannot be good sports? (;-)

Sader87
November 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Great stuff Doc...didn't mean to dredge up so many emotions.

hawkineer
November 3rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Actually, it was voted the number 2 game in the first twenty years at Goodman. The '95 OT Lafayette game in the dark was number 1. I have the DVD. It was the only game on the list that LU lost. Says something!
Just correct something! There were two games on the countdown that LU lost. The '91 HC game was #2 and the '04 JMU playoff game was #14.

I just watched it again. It was really wild. It included the fumblerooskie for a two-point conversion, an HC interception return for a TD that included a lateral, and an LU fumble return that ended up on the 3 yard line where LU eventually scored. Heck, the HC QB wore # 20.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2011, 12:37 AM
The first part of my "Game Preview"... and a guest appearance by none other than Doc QB.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/game-preview-holy-cross-at-lehigh.html

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Here's my breakdown of the Crusaders and fearless prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/breaking-down-holy-cross-1152011.html

How's this for fearless - this is going to be a close game, that can go either way.

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Lehigh (-16) vs Holy Cross o/u 47½

This game will be played in ideal football weather. I'm assuming that Goodman will be reasonably dry and well maintained; the field has very good drainage and the Lehigh grounds crew usually can keep it in good shape. I would expect a nice crowd for the most meaningful game of the PL calendar.

Doc QB
November 4th, 2011, 06:49 PM
The first part of my "Game Preview"... and a guest appearance by none other than Doc QB.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/11/game-preview-holy-cross-at-lehigh.html

I finally got published in something other than the surgical literature! Thx, LFN!

Grizo406
November 4th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I finally got published in something other than the surgical literature! Thx, LFN!

Nice job on the article, Doc!

I'm a huge fan of the 'ol #10 Bard-Parker, so let's cut somethin'!

In the OR, what's your "area" of expertise?

crusader11
November 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Beers.

HC wins 24-21. Lehigh hasn't seen a defense like this all year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Beers.

HC wins 24-21. Lehigh hasn't seen a defense like this all year.

HC's defense is definitely one of the better units Lehigh has faced. However, i'm not sure they're better than Liberty. The Flames are the only team that got consistent pressure on Lum which helped keep Lehigh under 30 points. Liberty's D has been solid against everyone they've faced.

ngineer
November 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Lehigh is no longer one-dimensional as shown the past two weeks. Crusaders will be hard pressed to keep all their fingers in the various holes.

Squealofthepig
November 5th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Holy Cross impressed me early, and I had them in my top 25 in a few ballots, but some luster has rubbed off. I still like them as a team, but think Lehigh will get the win (despite possibly playing a trap-game before Georgetown).

Lum's numbers are awesome, and then you take notice that their running game is also putting up impressive numbers, from multiple backs. A well-disciplined team that can win the turnover battle while also scoring lots of points probably can stay competitive, but I see the Crusaders on the short end here.

ngineer
November 5th, 2011, 08:39 AM
As posted on the PL week 10 board, the chess match between Gilmore and Cecchini will be fun to watch. Two very bright and energetic guys who will have their charges up for this one. I'm not too concerned with the D, with the one exception of making one or two boneheaded plays, usually involving a penalty, that gives up some points. Special teams are getting better, but still need consistency. I think the posted point spread is about right for this one.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Any link to the video for the game?

Bogus Megapardus
November 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Any link to the video for the game?

Check you PM. Link is there.

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Lehigh is no longer one-dimensional as shown the past two weeks. Crusaders will be hard pressed to keep all their fingers in the various holes.

Been doing just fine thus far. Like I said, Lehigh has not seen a defense like this all year.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Check you PM. Link is there.

Thanks Bogie...got it before I came here but appreciate it.

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
end of first QTR

Lehigh - 0
Holy Cross - 0

oops

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
7-0 purple. Lehigh's really going to be challenged today.

Franks Tanks
November 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Nobody knows the Chechinni offense better than an excellent D coach who once served on the same staff. Gilmore and the Holy Cross D have been excellent so far, but Lehigh is getting the run game going here.

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Chris Lum lis human after all. Still a ways to go, but Lehigh's offense has been held in check all day. They haven't sustained one drive yet.

LehighFan11
November 5th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Bogus -Can I get that video link? Thanks

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 12:50 PM
7-0 at the half with Holy Cross on top. What happened to that four-headed monster consisting of Lum, Drawl, Spadola, and Barkett?

oops!

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 12:53 PM
7-0 at the half with Holy Cross on top. What happened to that four-headed monster consisting of Lum, Drawl, Spadola, and Barkett?

oops!

Ever hear of the phrase, "Let sleeping dogs lie?"

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Lehigh is doing a good job running the ball but cant get anything goin in the passing game. Spadola seems like he might be hurt. He didnt have much explosiveness last week. If lehigh can keep running the ball and avoid 3rd and long they should be ok. Theyve moved the ball.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
The '91 game which ended 43-42 HC...was tied 7-7 at the H

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Awful decision by Lum right there. Haven't been impressed by him at all.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
We play better coming back...our O has disappeared since September

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Matt Fitz, another TD run, 1 yard

Lehigh - 14
HC - 7

Lum
22/34 243 yards passing, 0 TDs and 2 INTs

Barket
19 rushes
86 yards

Holy Cross defense tiring.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 02:03 PM
That spot was criminal

kardplayer
November 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Lehigh should never ever choose FG over going for it. Ever.

kardplayer
November 5th, 2011, 02:18 PM
4 and 3 for HC on own 27 - down 7 under 2 minutes

kardplayer
November 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM
completed a pass, but out of bounds - Lehigh ball, 1:27 to go, up 14-7

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Final

Lehigh - 14
Holy Cross - 7

Lum
24/37 251 yards passing

Barket
24 rushes
102 yards rushing

Wow - much closer than expected!

kardplayer
November 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Ugly game, but nice that Lehigh seems to win these close ones more often than they used to. Next week, Lehigh vs. Georgetown for the Patriot League title and the AQ.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Congrats to Lehigh...we have to be the best 4-5 team in the country.

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Chattanooga is the best 4-5 team in the country.

Well they just won, so best 5-5 team.

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Big win for the Hawks. Looks like it was a heck of a game

League title on the line next weekend: Georgetown at Lehigh

Whoda thunk it?

Engineer86
November 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
A win is acceptable after 4 days of black out, now focusbon the next two weeks!

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
So......

Crusader11, how did it turn out for Holy Cross?

let me help you a little:

Final

Lehigh - 14
Holy Cross - 7

Lum
24/37 251 yards passing

I stand by my statement. Wasn't impressed with Lum at all...Barket was the best player for Lehigh today.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Chattanooga is the best 4-5 team in the country.

Well they just won, so best 5-5 team.

I stand corrected....now go get your freakin' shine box.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Holy Cross played awesome. Lehigh moved the ball well HC was able to stop Lehigh once they got inside the crusaders 35. This game will only help Lehigh in the long run. They needed another close game.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Holy Cross defense played awesome. Lehigh moved the ball well HC was able to stop Lehigh once they got inside the crusaders 35. This game will only help Lehigh in the long run. They needed another close game.

Fixed it for ya...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Fixed it for ya...

Yeah their defense. Trying to type on the phone isnt easy.

Ill be interested to see what the announced crowd. Probably the largest non lehigh lafayette league game in years.

344Johnson
November 5th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Can't wait to see what TheFan says about this later when people bring it up in discussions.

Engineer86
November 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Definitely not the best from lU, but a won. Those games are part of the year!

crusader11
November 5th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Can't wait to see what TheFan says about this later when people bring it up in discussions.

Agree. Lehigh offense was pretty much shut down all day.

Sader87
November 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Lehigh is solid but they are by no means this juggernaut that many here make them out to be. If HC had an even a little bit better QB than Taggart, or even the way Ryan was playing earlier in the year, HC more than likely wins that game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Agree. Lehigh offense was pretty much shut down all day.

Lehighs offense moved the ball but couldnt do anything once they got inside the 40. They had to of had quite a bit of total yards.

Bogus Megapardus
November 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
This is so depressing.

LehighU11
November 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
What a long way this program has come since '07. I remember leaving at halftime my freshman year during that 59-10 thumping. The stands were completely empty that day with better weather than today.
Had to have been 9,000+ at Goodman, which would be the most since Villanova in 2007 (other than Lehigh-Laf), if my memory serves me correct. Hopefully another large crowd will turn up for the championship game next week!

LehighU11
November 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Lehigh is solid but they are by no means this juggernaut that many here make them out to be. If HC had an even a little bit better QB than Taggart, or even the way Ryan was playing earlier in the year, HC more than likely wins that game.

Gotta hand credit to the HC D for not giving Lehigh anything. If the Crusaders' offense was anything other than completely incompetent, this would have been a huge blow to any PL title hopes for us.

JohnG
November 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Lehigh should never ever choose FG over going for it. Ever.

I couldn't agree more at this point. Personally, I'd start going for two at this point too. Our kicking game has been killing me for years.

I thought both defenses played well and stepped up when needed for the most part.

A couple non game notes:
After watching last weeks game in beautiful HD the stretchinternet feed was painful to watch.
Does anybody know if they still sell that 25 greatest games DVD y'all were talking about earlier?

LehighU11
November 5th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Groome had 13 tackles, 1 sack for -8, a sure completion broken up, and a 59 yd int return to lead this team to a win. That's 15 plays he had a part in out of the 58 HC ran. Plenty of credit goes to the offensive accomplishments of this team, and perhaps not enough to the front seven on D.

RichH2
November 5th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Tom certainly had his D cranked up. They played very well on their side of the 50. No slight on our O, HC just played their hearts out. Our D stepped up shut down Cross run and ltd them to under 190 passing.

Gu D even better , Dave better scheme some O. GU unlikely to score much if at all but it will be another nailbiter

van
November 5th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Groome had 13 tackles, 1 sack for -8, a sure completion broken up, and a 59 yd int return to lead this team to a win. That's 15 plays he had a part in out of the 58 HC ran. Plenty of credit goes to the offensive accomplishments of this team, and perhaps not enough to the front seven on D.

Just got home from the game and could not agree more. Lehigh D was very, very stout today. Holy Cross played a solid game, both O and D. The fact that they scored only 7 is more of a testament to the Lehigh D than their O failing. They made some excellent catches in tight coverage and Houghton ran very hard.

van
November 5th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Just got home from the game and could not agree more. Lehigh D was very, very stout today. Holy Cross played a solid game, both O and D. The fact that they scored only 7 is more of a testament to the Lehigh D than their O failing. They made some excellent catches in tight coverage and Houghton ran very hard.

The Historian
November 5th, 2011, 05:25 PM
The Fordham QB threw for almost 400 yards against Georgetown so Lum should be able to pass more easily than against Colgate and Holy Cross. Running will likely be more difficult. Groome is having a great season.

ngineer
November 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I don't think HC's offense was lacking in competency so much as Lehigh's Defense played great. For a "poor" offensive performance, Lehigh still had just under 400 yards. 251 passing and 146 rushing. The problem was not finishing drives ( several to the HC 40 or so and stall). The first half seemed to be a reflection of the week. With the power outage and routines disrupted, Lehigh did not come out on fire. Seemed very flat and unfocused. Lum had his worst game of the season in the first half. He was tentative, and when he ran he danced rather than just going verticle which would have gotten first downs and kept drives alive. The early interception seemed to affect his confidence in throwing into tight coverage. Several times receivers Spadola and Drwal had a step on a DB but he failed to pull to the trigger. The second half was much different. Being able to run helped open up the passing game. Barket was tough as usual and Fitz is doing a nice job as backup. Defense was very good. Groome should be PL player of the week. All over the place and a great INT and return. AS USUAL, the special teams had their hiccups. TWO missed FG's (one doink off the upright and a horrible shank). Not going for the 4th and inches could have really come back to haunt. Holy Cross played very hard. I had the opportunity to speak with HC Gilmore afterward and he was very pleased with the Crusader's effort, but puzzled by some of the mistakes made on defense in the second half, though I think some adjustments Cecchini made at the half had something to do with that.
On one point this is certain. This was a very good win because of how the team came back in the second half. They didn't let the lousy first half both them, but just started anew and dominated the second half. Great crowd--estimated at 12,000-13,000 (despite 'official' listing of 9217). Entire home side filled, half the visitors stands plus those on and above the horseshoe. A very exciting game coming down the stretch with Lehigh holding on to the lead. Substitute Kenyatta Drake did a nice job filling in for Gabe Johnson who lift the field with an aircast on his leg. Some very nice breakups and coverage in the second half.
Huge game next week with the Hoyas. I'm sure the focus will be there.

RichH2
November 6th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Nice recap, n, wish I could have been there, We will be coming down for Hoyas. I have no doubt blackout part of the cause of 1st half tentative play but give tom his due his kids played very well. On a personal note SHE actually looking forward to Game ,as she expained one game on the field better than listening to me following both LU and FU games. Hoyas make few mistakes ,D is solid. O no threat to score on us