PDA

View Full Version : Someone from the MVFC is winning the national championship this year....

Redbird Ray
November 1st, 2011, 09:25 AM
...this is as deep as I've seen the top half of the MVFC since WKU won it all back in 2002. I could see any of the top 5 teams in our league getting in and making a deep run in the postseason. I don't think anyone is beating the Bison in the dome this year.

xnodx xthumbsupx xsmileyclapx

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

GaSouthern
November 1st, 2011, 09:32 AM
Is this like an HBCU "national championship" we are talking about? ;)

eaglewraith
November 1st, 2011, 09:34 AM
WKU barely survived Statesboro that year.

We would have smoked McNeese in that title game. Instead we had to watch the Raging Sledgehammers do it.

Redbird Ray
November 1st, 2011, 11:25 AM
WKU barely survived Statesboro that year.

We would have smoked McNeese in that title game. Instead we had to watch the Raging Sledgehammers do it.

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Dblue
November 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM
Can your two top teams play outside a dome? Good luck to your teams in the playoffs, and I mean that with all sincerity.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2011, 12:33 PM
I'm just hoping this is D1B hacking into Redbird Ray's account! xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2011, 12:41 PM
Can your two top teams play outside a dome? Good luck to your teams in the playoffs, and I mean that with all sincerity.

Well the Bison seemed ok at TCF Bank Stadium, Saluki Stadium, and Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. Memorial Stadium Pending.......

If things go they way they seem to be, they might not have to play on the road until Frisco.

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 12:45 PM
Idk if I would say the Bison looked ok at Saluki Stadium...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Idk if I would say the Bison looked ok at Saluki Stadium...

When you have more points on the scoreboard than the other team when the 0:00 comes, that's ok.

344Johnson
November 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM

Bison looked great against Montana St. last season and played EWU extremely tough the next week. The nice thing is that they practice outdoors, on grass, or turf, whichever Bohl wants. I'd assume UNI is the same.

Dgreenwell3
November 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Haha fair enough 4 ever. I just wouldn't brag about that one, and SIU shouldn't either.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM
Haha fair enough 4 ever. I just wouldn't brag about that one, and SIU shouldn't either.

The thing about the elements, in my eyes, is that a lot of those young men are from ND and MN. I was born and raised in Fargo and unless you have been there, you don't know what real weather is. I remember many a Friday night watching Fargo South play then Saturdays with the Bison at Dacotah Field. Never doubt a former NCC team in weather.

Strommer10
November 1st, 2011, 01:20 PM
The thing about the elements, in my eyes, is that a lot of those young men are from ND and MN. I was born and raised in Fargo and unless you have been there, you don't know what real weather is. I remember many a Friday night watching Fargo South play then Saturdays with the Bison at Dacotah Field. Never doubt a former NCC team in weather.

Not to forget last postseason when this team practiced outside in a blizzard for the entire week before the RMU game I believe. Weather is not foreign to student athletes at NDSU.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAN9ORwsiVA

LakesBison
November 1st, 2011, 01:28 PM
I absolutely agree on this thread,

NDSU, UNI, heck Illinois State can beat FCS teams.

ysubigred
November 1st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Ummmm... I'll say let the teams on the field settle it. It would be nice to get another one for the MVFC but it looks like a lot of good teams to go through before we crown a champion in Frisco. I think Capn'Cat hijacked Red Bird Rays account LOL!! xsmileyclapx

344Johnson
November 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Not to forget last postseason when this team practiced outside in a blizzard for the entire week before the RMU game I believe. Weather is not foreign to student athletes at NDSU.

Me and some of my buddies went and started his big diesel truck and watched about a half hour of one of their night practices that week. Ridiculously cold.

Apphole
November 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM
SoCon>MVFC not even close

344Johnson
November 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM

Deeper for sure. More good teams in the SoCon, but the top teams in each conference are both very good. I think it is a pretty decent bet that one of these two conferences brings home the trophy.

Go Apps
November 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM
Hey UNI is due over anyone else - and you may be right about the Bison - but heartbreak is a terrible thing and being a mountaineer through since the 80's my heart has been broken so many times - we should have 5 or 6 titles of our own - but we don't - and as a Mountaineer I will tell you that we are anything but focused on the Playoffs - right now we need to win this weekend and so on - looking ahead always ends in heartbreak...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM

Would love to have figured that out but GS backed out of the Bison game to play Presbyterian.

Dblue
November 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM

Practice??!!?? We talkin' 'bout practice??!!?? I hope you get Robert Morris again, but maybe you'll get a team like ODU. Like I said, good luck. xsmiley_wix

DJKyR0
November 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Submitting that anyone from North Dakota or Minnesota (including athletes from elsewhere who live here now) are unfamiliar with the elements is pretty outrageous. We walk to class in temperatures that some athletes wouldn't step outside in.

PantherRob82
November 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM
UNI heard the same thing at #1 New Hampshire in 2005. I'm not worried about that.

I think NDSU and UNI are in the hunt, but I wouldn't even think about guaranteeing an MVFC title.

GSU looks really good. Haven't seen App.
Montana and UNH have their moments. Haven't seen Montana State. Maine looks good.

The CAA will have 4-5 teams in, so those seems like good odds.
MVFC gets 3 tops.
SoCon looks like 2, maybe 3.
Southland gets 1.
Big Sky looks like two.

I would go with CAA.

Silenoz
November 1st, 2011, 05:38 PM
There are a lot of teams that can win it all this year... NDSU and MSU will probably have the top seeds so they'll be the favorites

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
From the looks of things, I believe that the Socon has a better chance of doing damage in the playoffs. If Furman makes it too, watch out. It's very well possible that App State and GSU are in different brackets for revenue purposes and Wofford has shown that they are one of the best playoff road teams in the field IMO. Don't count the CAA either, I wouldn't be surprised if they had 2 or 3 in the quarterfinals as well. Right now, I think there are more "elite" teams in the Socon than any other conference.

I-16Bandit
November 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
Would love to have figured that out but GS backed out of the Bison game to play Presbyterian.

You have to be kidding me.

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2011, 06:23 PM
frankly, I can't see 3 teams from any league being as powerful as Wofford, ASU and GSU, in terms of what they can do in the playoffs....any league

When you don't feed a troll, he can say things that make sense xcoffeex

eaglewraith
November 1st, 2011, 06:25 PM

Correction. We canceled a deal that should never have been made. Granted ya'll are a quality OOC team now, but there was nothing for us to gain at the time other than spending way too much to fly to Fargo for a game we could care less about.

We replaced it with a home game which was much more relevant to our interests. If you want to play us so bad, I'm sure we'd be more than welcome to have you back to Paulson.

Squealofthepig
November 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Correction. We canceled a deal that should never have been made. Granted ya'll are a quality OOC team now, but there was nothing for us to gain at the time other than spending way too much to fly to Fargo for a game we could care less about.

We replaced it with a home game which was much more relevant to our interests. If you want to play us so bad, I'm sure we'd be more than welcome to have you back to Paulson.

Translation: "We were scared of dropping a game at NDSU so we scheduled a much weaker home opponent; this was better for us both financially and in the record books, hooray!"

Saying the deal "never should have been made" is equivalent to saying you "backed out of it", you do realize, right?

eaglewraith
November 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
Translation: "We were scared of dropping a game at NDSU so we scheduled a much weaker home opponent; this was better for us both financially and in the record books, hooray!"

Saying the deal "never should have been made" is equivalent to saying you "backed out of it", you do realize, right?

Semantics. However, we didn't back out of it cause we were scared to play you.

We made a home and home deal with a transitional team in 2006. Our AD was a moron for doing that. No reason we should be doing that. Ya'll should have been a one and done visit to Paulson.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
Correction. We canceled a deal that should never have been made. Granted ya'll whipped us on our home field during your transition from DII, but there was nothing for us to gain at the time other than spending way too much to fly to Fargo for a game we could care less about.

Fixed it for you.

I wonder how much travel costs the $60,000 buyout saved ya?

LakesBison
November 1st, 2011, 06:53 PM
Georgia Southern. just remember, we owe you a loss this year, it can happen in the playoffs if you want!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM

I hope the Bison schedule another home/home again. Only this time GSU comes to Fargo first. NDSU doesn't buy out games.

344Johnson
November 1st, 2011, 07:03 PM
I hope the Bison schedule another home/home again. Only this time GSU comes to Fargo first. NDSU doesn't buy out games.

People up here in the Midwest like to think a deal is a deal. Buyouts...are garbage. No way you can justify it. We were kind enough to come lay it down on you guys a few years back. You should have come up here, so NDSU vs. Ga South could have had what had the makings of perhaps the marquee OOC contest of the season.

344Johnson
November 1st, 2011, 07:10 PM
There are a lot of teams that can win it all this year... NDSU and MSU will probably have the top seeds so they'll be the favorites

But aren't the Grizz bringing MSU out of top 2 consideration?

TheBisonator
November 1st, 2011, 07:37 PM
People up here in the Midwest like to think a deal is a deal. Buyouts...are garbage. No way you can justify it. We were kind enough to come lay it down on you guys a few years back. You should have come up here, so NDSU vs. Ga South could have had what had the makings of perhaps the marquee OOC contest of the season.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT what 344Johnson just said.

People in the Upper Midwest get very offended when someone does the kind of thing that GSU did. In ANY walk of life, not just college sports. Whether it's business contacts, agreements, etc. It's a cultural regional thing, not necessarily a self-righteous thing.

I-16Bandit
November 1st, 2011, 07:44 PM
So NDSU is a team from God and never does anything unorthodox and the citizens from the Midwest are perfect? Gotcha.

TheBisonator
November 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
So NDSU is a team from God and never does anything unorthodox and the citizens from the Midwest are perfect? Gotcha.

Uh.... Yeah, that's not what I'm saying at all. Go back and read what I wrote. (That is if Statesboro has any "readers" living in the town)

344Johnson
November 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM

Not a team from God (Haven't you heard of Notre Dame?), NDSU really doesn't do anything unorthodox, except for when we abandoned the veer for gasp! The West Coast offense! And citizens from the midwest aren't all perfect. The ones who don't use meth pretty much are. ;)

eaglewraith
November 1st, 2011, 07:52 PM
Fixed it for you.

I wonder how much travel costs the $60,000 buyout saved ya?

Good job, you beat our worst team in the modern era. Not really special when 7 other teams beat us that year.

TheBisonator
November 1st, 2011, 07:54 PM
Good job, you beat our worst team in the modern era. Not really special when 7 other teams beat us that year.

I guess now that the UNI fans have backed away, Bison fans have the GSU fans to deal with...

That's fine, bring em on...... I'm sure the App and Montana fans are not far behind...

ValleyChamp
November 1st, 2011, 07:59 PM
I guess now that the UNI fans have backed away, Bison fans have the GSU fans to deal with...

That's fine, bring em on...... I'm sure the App and Montana fans are not far behind...

Everybody is out to get you!!!!!111!!

I-16Bandit
November 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM

xslapfightx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM

Would love to have beaten the not worst team but again, there's that whole backing out issue. Don't worry, GS isn't the first team to do that.

Gil Dobie
November 1st, 2011, 09:17 PM

Wasn't that your worse loss of the season, and on your home turf.

DOME
November 1st, 2011, 09:30 PM

So are you saying that UNI letting Wisconson buy out our game with Iowa St. next fall was garbage?

TheBisonator
November 1st, 2011, 09:33 PM
So are you saying that UNI letting Wisconson buy out our game with Iowa St. next fall was garbage?

No... Because that's just Iowa. And Iowa sux. :p

DOME
November 1st, 2011, 09:37 PM
While Iowa does suck we have to play in Kinnick the weekend after we play in Camp Randal.

We avoided a Labor Day game against ISU at the dump known as Jack Trice. But hey, look at their huge new score/video board! Soon to be the crown jewell of the MAC!!

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2011, 09:42 PM

Actually they bought out our game with Southern Utah. The Thunderbirds come to the Dome this year, and we were supposed to go there next year. But Wisconsin offered to buy it out and still pay us to come there.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
The Iowegians need to raise money any way they can.

DOME
November 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM
Actually they bought out our game with Southern Utah. The Thunderbirds come to the Dome this year, and we were supposed to go there next year. But Wisconsin offered to buy it out and still pay us to come there.

Either way I don't have to suffer through Jack Trice or the unsavory bathrooms on Welch.

PantherRob82
November 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM

Where did you get that? We had Iowa next year and we still play them.

DOME
November 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM
There is a question though...

Are we ducking a potential drubbing from the Thunderbirds in favor of an easy win with lower travel costs?

Better ask NDSU since we are now in the Age of the Bison.....

PantherRob82
November 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM

Are you sure? We told the board of regents we would play two FBS opponents starting in 2012.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
If Rennie stays healthy, UNI is one of the favorites to win the NC.

IMO, the teams that are the favs are: NDSU-UNI-Appy State- GSU-Montana schools......I don't know anything on SHSU so being 8-0 I will include them.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2011, 09:56 PM
Are you sure? We told the board of regents we would play two FBS opponents starting in 2012.

We may have asked them to buy our game out for us, but I some how remember hearing they bought the game out for us. I don't know the specifics, but we got out of a return game with SUU in order to play Wisconsin.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2011, 09:58 PM
If Rennie stays healthy, UNI is one of the favorites to win the NC.

IMO, the teams that are the favs are: NDSU-UNI-Appy State- GSU-Montana schools......I don't know anything on SHSU so being 8-0 I will include them.

Sounds like a decent list. I think Maine in all honesty could do it too.

We really need to get healthy. We are a MASH unit right now, and things aren't getting better as we may have lost a Safety for the year. On the plus side it sounds like Rennie's injury may not have been as serious as some have stated before. I hope, though, that we let him get healthy before the playoffs. Of course we may need him to win games in order to make the playoffs. When healthy we are dangerous, so if we get healthy we could make a run.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM
Sounds like a decent list. I think Maine in all honesty could do it too.

We really need to get healthy. We are a MASH unit right now, and things aren't getting better as we may have lost a Safety for the year. On the plus side it sounds like Rennie's injury may not have been as serious as some have stated before. I hope, though, that we let him get healthy before the playoffs. Of course we may need him to win games in order to make the playoffs. When healthy we are dangerous, so if we get healthy we could make a run.

Even if UNI went 7-4 (which they wont) they would still be in the playoffs. UNI will finish 9-2 or at the worst 8-3. 9-2 will give UNI a 1st round bye and 2nd round home game.

UNI is tough as nails. I saw it 1st hand on saturday.

PantherRob82
November 1st, 2011, 11:15 PM
We may have asked them to buy our game out for us, but I some how remember hearing they bought the game out for us. I don't know the specifics, but we got out of a return game with SUU in order to play Wisconsin.

I was just curious why we scheduled the h n h with SUU after we made that agreement.

eaglesrthe1
November 2nd, 2011, 12:03 AM
If you buy out the back end of a home and home, then the contract has been fulfilled.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 12:10 AM
Semantics. However, we didn't back out of it cause we were scared to play you.

"You"? I'm in Missoula, and consistently identify as a Montana fan. I'm an outsider here pointing out GSU's word is worth absolutely zilch. I'm far from a fan of NDSU, though I respect their program and hope to see them in Missoula (or the Griz visiting the Bison in Fargo during the playoffs).

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 12:14 AM
If you buy out the back end of a home and home, then the contract has been fulfilled.

So, if you do the time for a rape conviction, it's all OK?

You have the absolute right to buy out a home-and-home. However, other football fans have the right to point out you are basically giving up cash to not have to prove yourselves on the football field.

LakesBison
November 2nd, 2011, 12:46 AM
NDSU, UNI , ILL STATE could all make semifinals this year and I wouldnt be surprised.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 12:49 AM
NDSU, UNI , ILL STATE could all make semifinals this year and I wouldnt be surprised.

Not ISUb? ;)

It depends on matchups, but I could see it happening, and just a year after basically everyone finished at .500 in the MVFC.

clenz
November 2nd, 2011, 12:50 AM

Don't let them fool you....**** just a couple months ago UNI bought out SUU for next years game.

Also, if you don't want the game to be bought out of....DON'T ****ING INCLUDE A BUY OUT CLAUSE!

LakesBison
November 2nd, 2011, 12:52 AM
Squelofthepig.... I think ISUB will be exposed to be a 1 trick pony this saturday. Dont get me wrong, BELL is a helluva RB, but NDSU will contain with very fast DE's and LB"s that will force Bell up the middle and therefore slowing him down.