PDA

View Full Version : What would be everyone's top 5 seeds right now?

GSU Eagle
October 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM
I think there are probably 8-9 teams in the discussion for the top 5 seeds at this point. What would be the top 5 for you at this point?

profisme
October 31st, 2011, 06:46 PM
1.) NDSU
2.) MSU
3.) ASU
4.) MAINE
5.) UNI

Gil Dobie
October 31st, 2011, 06:50 PM
1. SHSU
2. Montana St
3. Maine
4. NDSU
5. App St

JMUNJ08
October 31st, 2011, 06:52 PM
1. NDSU
2. Montana St
3. SHSU
4. Maine
5. Wofford

Go ahead, pick Wofford apart, but hey, App St. should beat them for that reason...If they beat Furman this weekend, I will definitely flip them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 31st, 2011, 07:02 PM
1. SHSU
2. Montana St
3. Maine
4. NDSU
5. App St

You have us at #4....I figured you put us at 7-10 somewhere.

seantaylor
October 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
How in the world would GSU not be a top 5 seed right now?

Tod
October 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
1. NDSU
2. Montana St
3. SHSU
4. Maine
5. Wofford

Go ahead, pick Wofford apart, but hey, App St. should beat them for that reason...If they beat Furman this weekend, I will definitely flip them.

This.

Fear the Bird
October 31st, 2011, 07:11 PM
xthumbsupxxnodxxnodxxnodxxhurrayx

1. NDSU
2. Montana St
3. SHSU
4. Maine
5. Wofford

Fear the Bird
October 31st, 2011, 07:12 PM

Bc they crushed furman?

youwouldno
October 31st, 2011, 07:17 PM
1. NDSU
2. Montana St
3. SHSU
4. UNI
5. GSU

FCS Go!
October 31st, 2011, 07:25 PM
1-N. Dakota St
2-Maine
3-Montana St
4-N. Iowa
5-Sam Houston St

Yes, it's WCB!

AppMAN04
October 31st, 2011, 07:30 PM
1. NDSU
2.Montana St
3.ASU
4. GSU
5. MAINE

I-16Bandit
October 31st, 2011, 07:30 PM

Well technically right now, we aren't even playoff eligible with only 6 D1 wins.

seantaylor
November 1st, 2011, 04:31 AM
Well technically right now, we aren't even playoff eligible with only 6 D1 wins.

Most of the teams in the FCS aren't playoff eligible right now.

james_lawfirm
November 1st, 2011, 04:51 AM
1. NDSU
2. Montana St
3. SHSU
4. Maine
5. Wofford

The problem with putting Wofford ahead of App. is that Wofford lost to Furman. App lost to Wofford. Unless App also loses to Furman this week, your pick makes no sense. And, of course, since the question clearly says "right now" you should not consider the App/Furman game in this hypothetical.

MTfan4life
November 1st, 2011, 05:34 AM
This is if the playoffs started right now, not necessarily how I feel the season will finish up.

1. NDSU
2. Maine
(1 & 2 really don't matter because both would potentially get the same amount of home games.)
3. Montana St.
4. Sam Houston St.
5. Georgia Southern - Only reason ahead of App. St. is because they haven't played Alabama yet.

Go Apps
November 1st, 2011, 05:40 AM
Assuming App wins Saturday

1 NDSU
2 ASU
3 Montana St
4 Maine
5 Sam Houston St

If App Loses
1 NDSU
2 Montana St
3 Maine
4 GSU or Wofford winner
5 Sam Houston St

eaglewraith
November 1st, 2011, 06:37 AM
This is if the playoffs started right now, not necessarily how I feel the season will finish up.

1. NDSU
2. Maine
(1 & 2 really don't matter because both would potentially get the same amount of home games.)
3. Montana St.
4. Sam Houston St.
5. Georgia Southern - Only reason ahead of App. St. is because they haven't played Alabama yet.

1-A losses don't affect you in terms of seeding. See App getting a #1 seed several years ago after getting worked over by Florida the last game of the year.

MTfan4life
November 1st, 2011, 06:41 AM
1-A losses don't affect you in terms of seeding. See App getting a #1 seed several years ago after getting worked over by Florida the last game of the year.

I'm aware of that, but once GSU loses to Alabama, they will both have 2 losses and then I would put App St. ahead of GSU. However, like I said, I am picking the teams if the playoffs started right now.

pike51
November 1st, 2011, 07:25 AM
1. NDSU
2. App State
3. Montana State
4. GSU
5. Maine

However, Chattanooga should always be the #1 seed so if they decide they want in the playoffs, everyone else will just have to drop down a spot to make room for them.

TheRevSFA
November 1st, 2011, 07:33 AM
However, Chattanooga should always be the #1 seed so if they decide they want in the playoffs, everyone else will just have to drop down a spot to make room for them.

This.

md64179
November 1st, 2011, 07:37 AM
1. NDSU
2. Montana St
3. SHSU
4. APP St
5. GSU

AppAlum2003
November 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM
This.

...is Sparta!

bluehenbillk
November 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
As of today:

1 - NDSU
2- Montana St
3- Sam Houston St
4 - Maine
5- App St

4 & 5 could be flipped too & I wouldn't have an issue with it.

asknoquarter21
November 1st, 2011, 08:36 AM
1- NDSU
2- Montana State
3- Appalachian State
4- Maine
5- GSU

I am not sure who you would bump to give SHSU a seed. They haven't played anyone.

Bearkat-Backer
November 1st, 2011, 09:07 AM
I am not sure who you would bump to give SHSU a seed. They haven't played anyone.

Don't worry, we will get our chance come December.

appfan2008
November 1st, 2011, 09:10 AM
1-NDSU
2-Montana St
3-SHSU
4-Maine
5-Wofford

SonuvaHenx2
November 1st, 2011, 09:23 AM
1. NDSU
2. Montana St
3. Maine
4. SHSU
5. Lehigh

As long as they continue to win games, they won't be getting jumped in my rankings. Sorry App.

GSUEagles#1
November 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM
1. NDSU
2. Montana St.
3. SHSU
4. GSU
5. APP

My prediction is that one of the three SoCon teams that go in will win! But I hope it is GSU!

TheRevSFA
November 1st, 2011, 09:49 AM
1- NDSU
2- Montana State
3- Appalachian State
4- Maine
5- GSU

Nope..they sure haven't..since they played a WIU team that was on a down year but was in playoffs last year..an SFA team that was on a down swing but has been in playoffs the past two...basically have steamrolled the conference and oh..beat an FBS team (granted UNM isn't that great of an FBS team).

You're right..8-0 and they don't deserve a top spot.

katstrapper
November 1st, 2011, 09:53 AM
1- NDSU
2- Montana State
3- Appalachian State
4- Maine
5- GSU

I think it is funny with all the SHSU naysayers. Ask the 8 teams that SHSU has beaten thus far. When the season began, the SLC had three teams in the top 25... #17 SFA, #18 C. Arkansas and #20 McNeese St. And depending on which poll you looked at early on, W. Illinois was #25. Nobody expected the Southland Conference to be having a down year, but to say SHSU hasnt played anyone is crazy. The win against the Lobos got us a Div I win, but even though I dont consider New Mexico a great win, the Kats hung 48 on a Mountain West team. The thing that has worked in our favor thus far is that most of the tough games have been at home. Now, Central Arkansas has worked their way back into the top 25 and NW State is sniffing the top 25 as well.

But, I will let Sam Houston do their talking on the field. The defense is probably the strongest in FCS, the offense puts up points and yards and the team is focused on one game at a time. If you look at the last 4 games, SHSU has scored 196 points and have given up only 31. They say defense wins championships... I will put the SHSU defense up against anybody.

Bearkat-Backer
November 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM
Although the Bearkats have not had a tough schedule they have dominated all of the FCS teams they have played so far. They have outscored them 266-54 with only 13 of those 54 points coming in the first half of games. The rest have mostly been against our 3rd and 4th stringers in trash time when the games have already been out of reach.

FargoBison
November 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
I do think SHSU deserves a seed but their schedule probably sticks them in the 4-5 range.

1. NDSU
2. Montana State
3. Maine
4. SHSU
5. UNI

TheRevSFA
November 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
I think it is funny with all the SHSU naysayers. Ask the 8 teams that SHSU has beaten thus far. When the season began, the SLC had three teams in the top 25... #17 SFA, #18 C. Arkansas and #20 McNeese St. And depending on which poll you looked at early on, W. Illinois was #25. Nobody expected the Southland Conference to be having a down year, but to say SHSU hasnt played anyone is crazy. The win against the Lobos got us a Div I win, but even though I dont consider New Mexico a great win, the Kats hung 48 on a Mountain West team. The thing that has worked in our favor thus far is that most of the tough games have been at home. Now, Central Arkansas has worked their way back into the top 25 and NW State is sniffing the top 25 as well.

But, I will let Sam Houston do their talking on the field. The defense is probably the strongest in FCS, the offense puts up points and yards and the team is focused on one game at a time. If you look at the last 4 games, SHSU has scored 196 points and have given up only 31. They say defense wins championships... I will put the SHSU defense up against anybody.

It kills me to defend Sam in anything, but it's true. This team is top notch and will break the recent SLC trend of sucking in the playoffs.

Terrierforlife
November 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM
The problem with putting Wofford ahead of App. is that Wofford lost to Furman. App lost to Wofford. Unless App also loses to Furman this week, your pick makes no sense. And, of course, since the question clearly says "right now" you should not consider the App/Furman game in this hypothetical.

Uh, that doesn't make any sense.

youwouldno
November 1st, 2011, 10:34 AM

There are differing opinions on how seeds should be determined. But SHSU's schedule weakness is a problem... basically it comes down to exactly how you weigh the blowout wins. The 5 computer rankings I like the best have them ranked 2, 4, 5, 6, 7. It's a close call as of today.

Skjellyfetti
November 1st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Ask the 8 teams that SHSU has beaten thus far.

You mean teams with a combined record of 17-39. One team with a winning record. xlolx

'neers80
November 1st, 2011, 10:45 AM
how can you have GSU ahead of APP after they just lost to APP?

1. NDSU
2. Montana St.
3. SHSU
4. GSU
5. APP

My prediction is that one of the three SoCon teams that go in will win! But I hope it is GSU!

TheRevSFA
November 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
You mean teams with a combined record of 17-39. One team with a winning record. xlolx

It's a good thing App played GA southern and wofford..that barely got your opponents played record (sans VA Tech) to a respectable 32-33.

I would have included VA Tech's record in that, but do you want to be reminded of that blowout? I don't want to be reminded of us getting blown out against Baylor so I assumed for you :)

Serious question..next season are you guys still playing MEAC teams for your OOC at the FCS level or will you play some people west of the Mississippi?

AppAlum2003
November 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
It's a good thing App played GA southern and wofford..that barely got your opponents played record (sans VA Tech) to a respectable 32-33.

I would have included VA Tech's record in that, but do you want to be reminded of that blowout? I don't want to be reminded of us getting blown out against Baylor so I assumed for you :)

Serious question..next season are you guys still playing MEAC teams for your OOC at the FCS level or will you play some people west of the Mississippi?

Montana at KBS next season...

GSUEagles#1
November 1st, 2011, 11:37 AM
how can you have GSU ahead of APP after they just lost to APP?

I guess I am thinking if GSU wins out they get above App since (IF GSU wins out - Except for Alabama which will not play any part) they beat wofford who beat App.

But I guess since this is asking today, flip App and GSU.

biggie
November 1st, 2011, 11:52 AM
I guess I am thinking if GSU wins out they get above App since (IF GSU wins out - Except for Alabama which will not play any part) they beat wofford who beat App.

But I guess since this is asking today, flip App and GSU.
But if both GSU and App win out in FCS play, App gets the Auto-bid and usually would get the higher seed for that.

Squealofthepig
November 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM
Most of the teams in the FCS aren't playoff eligible right now.

Good point - using only that:

1) NDSU
2) SHSU
3) MSU
4) Maine
5) ODU

(Again, just the top five who are currently playoff eligible)

TheRevSFA
November 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM
Montana at KBS next season...

I'd kill to have SFA go to KBS. I'd love to go see a game there.

AppAlum2003
November 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM
I'd kill to have SFA go to KBS. I'd love to go see a game there.

I'm up for a SFA game in Boone... but I'd rather it be in late October or Nov. Gotta get as much home field advantage over those warm-weather teams as we can.

tribefan40
November 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm aware of that, but once GSU loses to Alabama, they will both have 2 losses and then I would put App St. ahead of GSU. However, like I said, I am picking the teams if the playoffs started right now.

But look at last year. App St. lost late in the season to GSU, ended with a loss to florida and ended up with the #1 seed. I have a feeling GSU will certainly be in the hunt for a seed, and possibly be contending for #1. If it ended today I would say:

1: NDSU
2: Montana St.
3: Maine
4: GSU
5: SHSU

HensRock
November 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM
1. NDSU
2. Montana St
3. SHSU
4. Maine
5. Wofford

This.

+1 xnodx

Strommer10
November 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
1. NDSU
2. MSU
3. ASU
4. MAINE
5. UNI/GSU/SHSU

Woof
November 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
But if both GSU and App win out in FCS play, App gets the Auto-bid and usually would get the higher seed for that.

If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts......The only place Appy deserves a top 5 is in the minds of its fans. Last week's win was significant, but does not make them a top 5 team IMO. Sorry.

And before I get a bunch of homer comments, No, I do not think my Terriers deserve a top 5 YET either. That egg we laid in barney-land 2 weeks ago was plain awful.