PDA

View Full Version : FCS Standings

The Eagle's Cliff
October 30th, 2011, 11:49 AM
The following are just the standings with the teams left who have the best chance in tact of making the 20 team field. Teams who can't get 7 D1 wins are omitted.

Big Sky
Montana St. (6-0) (8-1) @ Web St. vs Montana
Montana (6-1) (7-2) vs W Oregon; @Mont St.

Both teams are in (barring a UM loss to W Oregon) with the rivalry determining Auto

Big South
Liberty (4-0) (6-3)
Stony Brook (3-0) (5-3)

Their game against each other determines the Auto Bid and which one gets in.

CAA

Maine (5-0) (7-1) vsTowson; vsUMass; @UNH
UNH (4-1) (6-2) vsJMU; @Towson; vsMaine
Towson (4-1) (6-2) @Maine; vsUNH; @URI
ODU (4-2) (7-2) vsRichmond; @W&M
JMU (3-2) (5-3) @UNH; vsURI; @UMass

The top three still have to play each other handing one or two losses to at least two of them. Maine needs just 1 win to be in for sure. UNH and Towson need 2 wins as 2 losses put them on the bubble. ODU just has to win 1 and they're in. JMU needs to win out or be on the bubble with a loss to a 2nd place UNH.

If Maine runs the table, I think the loser of UNH @ Towson is out.

Great West

Cal Poly (3-0) (5-3) is in if they win out.

MEAC

Norfolk St (5-1) (7-2) @SSU; @Morgan St
Morgan St (4-1) (5-3) @B-CC; vsNorfolk St; @Hampton

If Morgan St wins out, they get the Auto. An 8-3 Norfolk St would be on the bubble and could get in if there is an unexpected collapse elsewhere. Let's hope Norfolk St beats Morgan St.

MVC

NDSU (5-0) (8-0) @Ind St.; vsYoungstown; @W.Ill
UNI (5-1) (6-2) vsYoungstown; vsSUU; @Ill St.
Ill St. (4-2) (6-3) vsW.Ill; vsUNI;
Youngstown (3-2) (5-3) @UNI; @NDSU; vsMizz St
Ind St. (3-2) (5-3) vsNDSU; @Mizz St; vsS.Ill

NDSU is in. UNI needs two to stay off the bubble. Youngstown can really shake things up with a couple of huge road wins, but chances are only two from the MVC are in.

NEC

Albany or Duquesne

Albany would need to lose two of their last three to lose the auto bid.

OVC

Tenn Tech (4-1) (5-2) vsMurray; @EKU; vsPeay
EKU (4-1) (5-3) @Jax St.; vsTenn Tech; vsUT-Martin
Jax St. (4-1) (5-3) vsEKU; @SE Mizz; @Tenn St.

I think just the Auto gets in here.

Patriot

Lehigh (2-0) (7-1) vsHoly Cross; vsGeorgetown; vsLafayette
Georgetown (3-1) (7-2) vsFordham; @Lehigh

Georgetown gets the auto with a win over Lehigh and Lehigh probably gets in at 9-2. See the MEAC discussion and let's hope Lehigh takes care of business.

SoCon

GSU (5-1) (7-1) vsCitadel; @Wofford; @Alabama
Wofford (4-1) (6-2) @W.Car; vsGSU; @Chatt
App (4-1) (6-2) @Furman; vsW.Car; @Elon
Furman (4-2) (5-3) vsApp; vsElon; @Florida

GSU would be in at 8-3.
Wofford needs 2 wins to get to 7D1 wins and they're in. App will surely get at least 2 more wins and can get the auto with one Wofford loss. I think Furman is in at 7-4.

Southland

SHSU (5-0) (8-0) @SE La; vsNW St.; @Tex St.
CAU (5-1) (6-3) @NW St.; vsTex St.
NW St. (3-1) (5-3) vsCAU; @SHSU; vsSFA

SHSU is in. The loser of the CAU@NW St. game is out and the winner must win out to get in. If NW St. wins out, they're the auto.

SDFS
October 30th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I think SUU can get 7 wins they have a win against UNLV that you might not have counted.

katstrapper
October 30th, 2011, 12:46 PM
SHSU v NW St will a good game in a couple of weeks. I am glad this game is at home. It will also be televised by the Southland Conference Network. NW State has come alive after starting the season 0-3.

inpsite1919
October 30th, 2011, 12:55 PM
No love for the MEAC as usual there are 4 other teams that can get to seven D-1 wins SCSU NC A&T BCU & FAMU. There has been a good competition in the conference this season.

inpsite1919
October 30th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Let me give you another way things can play out. If SCSU wins out and BCU beats Morgan and Morgan beats NSU. Then you will have a four way tie for the conference title. With SCSU getting the autobid based off sos. A lot of different circumstances, but things could shake up that way

MarkCCU
October 30th, 2011, 02:32 PM
For the Big South, I'm predicting Liberty to get the bid. They are a powerhouse team.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.029101,-80.249063

Mountaineer#96
October 30th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Like the remaining games left for ASU. If we can get over the last big hump this weekend odds are good in finishing things out on top again.

Last big game being at Furman this weekend, then The Jug Game at home with Western, and essentially another home game traveling to Elon to close it out. (the amount of alums near Burlington is staggering)

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I am not sure that we can say for sure that SHSU is in. If they lose the last 3 games, they end up with an 8-3 record and a 3 game losing streak in a medium conference

Agreed... nine wins and we're in. I never thought much different...

BlueHenSinfonian
October 30th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I am not sure that we can say for sure that SHSU is in. If they lose the last 3 games, they end up with an 8-3 record and a 3 game losing streak in a medium conference

8 D1 wins including a FBS win should be a guaranteed playoff lock. Regardless of the strength of the rest of the schedule, a win over a FBS school means a lot.

veinup
October 30th, 2011, 08:36 PM
what division does Western Oregon play in..?

danefan
October 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM
what division does Western Oregon play in..?

Division II

veinup
October 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Division II

as i thought. i'm not sure if i like UM playing a DII team this time of year.. i'm glad we're not playing Florida, either, but.. we gotta stay sharp.

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2011, 08:57 PM
GSU (5-1) (7-1) vsCitadel; @Wofford; @Alabama
Wofford (4-1) (6-2) @W.Car; vsGSU; @Chatt
App (4-1) (6-2) @Furman; vsW.Car; @Elon
Furman (4-2) (5-3) vsApp; vsElon; @Florida

GSU would be in at 8-3, on the bubble at 7-4.

Don't believe so, we would only have 6 D-I wins.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM
nope, not with 3 consecutive losses to end the regular season....

I guess just a difference of opinion then. I'd wager that if a team has 8 D1 wins including a FBS win they could end the season with losses to Valpo, Savannah State, and Chuck South and still make the playoffs.

MTfan4life
October 30th, 2011, 09:48 PM
nope, not with 3 consecutive losses to end the regular season....

This is just conjecture though. Sam Houston has annihilated the teams in the Southland by even more than Lehigh has walked through the Patriot, and the Southland is annually more likely to provide a contender. They haven't shown a weakness in conference play and they play 2-6 SE La next week. Sure, it might be up in the air if they lose all three, but they've won by an average of 37.2 points in conference play. Is the next suggestion going to be talking about Montana losing to W. Oregon?

The Eagle's Cliff
October 30th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Don't believe so, we would only have 6 D-I wins.

Fixed it. Thanks Coastal Carolinaxrolleyesx

Reign of Terrier
October 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I think Wofford is almost a lock with Chattanooga losing again I don't think they'll be able to beat a focused Wofford team on a mission if it comes down to that. I'd say chances of us making the playoffs at 85%. GSU wins this week and they're in. ASU wins this week and they're in.