2011 Record: 35-8 (11-4 SLC)
Total: 214-84 (83-47 SLC)

Southland Conference - Week 10 Game Listing
Central Arkansas at Northwestern State
Stephen F. Austin at Lamar
Nicholls at McNeese
Sam Houston at Southeastern La.

TT's Quick Analysis and Predictions
Central Arkansas at Northwestern State - The Demons are quickly looking like the team to beat in the SLC alongside Sam Houston State. The Demons have destiny in their hand and got a nice win on the road in San Marcos. Can they take care of business on their home field heading into the showdown with Sam? Certainly. NORTHWESTERN STATE

Stephen F. Austin at Lamar - What does Ray Woodard tell his Cards after their bad loss to SHSU? SFA is heading on the road and I do not think this one will be much of a challenge. Will there be a noticable dip in butts in the seats at the PUS? STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Nicholls at McNeese State - Do we really need to bother? Nicholls may end up not beating anyone in the SLC this year and going into 'The Hole' and picking up a win will be very challenging. McNEESE STATE

Sam Houston State at Southeastern Louisiana - Those heading to the game may want to make sure they are aware of the time change. SHSU proved it has something special going on with the shutout of Lamar. SLU on the otherhand got in a shootout with the Cardinals, losing 48-38. How many turnovers against UCA? Way too many and SHSU is aggressive. Also, really believe the Lions' 'D' is going to have a tough time containing the Kats based on results this year. SAM HOSUTON STATE

El Gato
October 30th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Looks like you copied and pasted last weeks games for the game listing....just letting you know.

katstrapper
October 30th, 2011, 02:34 PM
C. Arkansas @ NW State
After starting the season 0-3, the Demons have been making the push to the front with good defense and steady play. They get a nice win on the road in San Marcos and will get a win at home this week..... Demons

Sam Houston @ SE Louisiana
The Kat D was up to its usual against Lamar giving up less than 100yds. The offense was clicking on all cylinders as they had almost 600yds total offense and 382 of that on the ground. SE Louisiana has a score to settle after the buttwhipping they took in Huntsville last year and nothing to lose, but I think the Kats stay focused on their goal... Kats

SFA @ Lamar
Lamar looked pitiful and the SFA defense had a great game against McNeese. Cardinal fans are getting impatient quick and wanting Woodard's job. Look for the Jacks to help in that cause... Lumberjacks

Nicholls St @ McNeese
Colonels coming off an open week and looking for a W. This game will be the yawner of the week, but McNeese will take care of business.. Pokes

El Gato
October 30th, 2011, 02:54 PM
You know I haven't been playing this game simply because we aren't members of the SLC anymore (in football at least), but what the hell I'll thrown in my picks, I sitll have some ties to the conference by Bobcats were formerly members of.

C. Arkansas @ NW State
From what I saw yesterday the NWST defense is pretty stout, but Texas State still had their way with them running the ball. Texas State actually rushed for more yards against the Demon defense than any team this year including No. 1 in the FBS LSU. Then again, the Bobcats had no choice but to run the ball since QB Rutherford can't hit a receiver more than 10 yards out to save his life. He actually had 1 yard of passing at the half. Can't win a game when you have a QB who can't throw the ball and gives you a one dimensional offense. Going by SOS and Sagarin you have to give this to NWST, especially with the game being in Natchitoches, but my gut says UCA takes it by a FG.

Sam Houston @ SE Louisiana
SLU was firing on all cylinders against Texas State last week and their offense rally good. Their receivers are the real deal. Unfortunately the same can't be said for their defense. SHSU defense however has looked pretty damn good this year and while I still expect the Lions to crack through the defense with their stellar receiving corp, they can't break the Bearkat defense. It may start begin as shootout, but eventuall the firepower of the Bearkat offense will keep on firing while the Lion offense eventually gets contained. SHSU takes this one 45-20

SFA @ Lamar
Lamar had flares of greatness when I saw them with that backup QB, while SFA was just plain awful. In fact I don't really remember the SFA game much. However, Lamar is still trying to figure out playing their first full SLC slate and SFA has players with playoff experience and know how to close out a game. SFA will take this one 38-24.

Nicholls St @ McNeese
Oh M. Bisons. just not their year...again. No need to talk about this one. McNeese by 17.

GeauxLions94
October 30th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Northwestern State over UCA
Sam Houston State over SLU
Stephen F. Austin over Lamar
McNeese State over Nicholls State

Dallas Demon
November 1st, 2011, 01:29 AM
Northwestern State over UCA
Sam Houston State over SLU

TheRevSFA
November 1st, 2011, 07:05 AM
UCA over NWST. SFA over Lamar, McNeese over Nicholls, and just to throw in an upset special..SLU beats Sam.

Bearkat-Backer
November 1st, 2011, 09:14 AM
SHSU takes this one 45-20

That would be the most points the Bearkats have given up to an FCS opponent all year.

LIONFAN07
November 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM
UCA over Northwestern St
Sam Houston State over Southeasternxsmhx

El Gato
November 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM
That would be the most points the Bearkats have given up to an FCS opponent all year.

True, thought about that but just figured that the Lion offense is to potent not to get a a couple of td's and a close enough for a couple of FG's as well.

BEAR
November 3rd, 2011, 06:53 AM
Central Arkansas at Northwestern State- this game is HUGE for these two teams. Bears finally rolling. Slight edge.
Stephen F. Austin at Lamar- Jack attack wacks the birds.
Nicholls at McNeese -Cowboy Up!
Sam Houston at Southeastern La.- Over after the first score. Sorry Lions fans, much love..please pull the upset. xlolx

katstrapper
November 3rd, 2011, 08:58 AM
True, thought about that but just figured that the Lion offense is to potent not to get a a couple of td's and a close enough for a couple of FG's as well.

Lions are capable, but I hope you are not right. SHSU pass defense has gotten better every week of the season and really played well against SFA, allowing only 10 points, 254 yds passing with 4 ints. The key to this game is going to be the O-Line for SLU and if they can keep the pressure off the QB. Kat D has racked up 10 sacks and 10 ints in the last 4 games.

SHSU pass defense the last 4 games....

SFA 254 yds, 4 ints 0 sacks
Nicholls 190 yds, 3 ints 0 sack
McNeese 200 yds, 0 ints 6 sacks
Lamar 75 yds, 3 ints, 4 sacks

Still, SE La will be looking to settle a score from last year in Huntsville. This should be a good game.

Bearkat-Backer
November 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM

Western Ill. averages 17 points a game. They scored 6 on the Bearkats.
UCA averages 34 points a game. They scored 10 on the Bearkats.
UTSA averages 18 points a game (against the FCS). They scored 7 on the Bearkats.
SFA averages 33 points a game. They scored 10 on the Bearkats.
Nichols averages 18 points a game. They scored 7 on the Bearkats.
McNeese averages 23 points a game. They scored 14 on the Bearkats.
Lamar averages 28 points a game. They scored 0 on the Bearkats.

SeLa is averaging 31 points agame.

BEAR
November 3rd, 2011, 12:43 PM

Boo! Not fair. 10 points from a "helpless" QB babbling on the sideline after a "bad" hit by one of the Kat defenders. xlolx Keep him in the game, I still would predict a loss, but 10 points would have been more like 21 or more. He's a difference maker. xthumbsupx Not that it matters now, but maybe in the playoffs we'll meet again. xchinscratchx xlolx

Bearkat-Backer
November 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Boo! Not fair. 10 points from a "helpless" QB babbling on the sideline after a "bad" hit by one of the Kat defenders. xlolx Keep him in the game, I still would predict a loss, but 10 points would have been more like 21 or more. He's a difference maker. xthumbsupx Not that it matters now, but maybe in the playoffs we'll meet again. xchinscratchx xlolx

The Dick lead UCA offence was only able to score 3 points in the first half. I don't think he would have been that much of a factor. The Bearkats had a harder time containing the running QB that replaced him then they did Dick.

TexasTerror
November 3rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Interesting numbers... most notably the 10th ever day game...

McNeese's four-game losing streak is their longest since 1996. McNeese will only be hosting their 10th ever day game in Lake Chuck since their current stadium opened in 1965.

Nicholls has been outscored 114-28 over the last two weekends.

http://www.sportsnola.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=576916&Itemid=578

blackfordpu
November 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 6-0
Week 3: 7-0
Week 4: 2-3
Week 5: 3-2
Week 6: 3-1
Week 7: 3-1
Week 8: 3-1
Week 9: 3-1

37-9 overall

Central Arkansas at Northwestern State
Stephen F. Austin at Lamar
Nicholls at McNeese
Sam Houston at Southeastern La.

blackfordpu
November 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Western Ill. averages 17 points a game. They scored 6 on the Bearkats.
UTSA averages 18 points a game (against the FCS). They scored 7 on the Bearkats.
SFA averages 33 points a game. They scored 10 on the Bearkats.
Nichols averages 18 points a game. They scored 7 on the Bearkats.
McNeese averages 23 points a game. They scored 14 on the Bearkats.
Lamar averages 28 points a game. They scored 0 on the Bearkats.

SeLa is averaging 31 points agame.

Great number finding B-B.

BEAR
November 3rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
The Dick lead UCA offence was only able to score 3 points in the first half. I don't think he would have been that much of a factor. The Bearkats had a harder time containing the running QB that replaced him then they did Dick.

You obviously haven't seen Nathan play that much. Watch the game this weekend. The demons have a really good defense. Nathan has really good receivers. xlolx

Bearkat-Backer
November 3rd, 2011, 10:12 PM
You obviously haven't seen Nathan play that much. Watch the game this weekend. The demons have a really good defense. Nathan has really good receivers. xlolx

I saw him play for 2 quarters in Huntsville. He didn't look very good against the Bearkat D.

BEAR
November 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I saw him play for 2 quarters in Huntsville. He didn't look very good against the Bearkat D.

Yes. A kids ability can be seen in less than 2 quarters after a tought FBS loss. THat team Sam played early in the year is NOT the same team they are now. Sam wouldn't have as much success now. Yeah, they'd still probably win and that's the bottom line...guess we'll see in the playoffs. Good luck. The SLC needs to be seen as a strong conference.

kingkat99
November 4th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yes. A kids ability can be seen in less than 2 quarters after a tought FBS loss. THat team Sam played early in the year is NOT the same team they are now. Sam wouldn't have as much success now. Yeah, they'd still probably win and that's the bottom line...guess we'll see in the playoffs. Good luck. The SLC needs to be seen as a strong conference.

I dont doubt for one second that the score would be different if we plaayed now, but what I really want to hear is how youre gonna beat the Demons...Im gonna be a fan of 2 SLC teams tomorrow...

TheRevSFA
November 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM
SFA
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/24/Stephen_f_austin.jpg

Will destroy

Lamar
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-peyGo-nRbVA/TciQdC2fTNI/AAAAAAAAAe8/-QccP1HcSfI/s1600/565133905_l.jpg

katstrapper
November 4th, 2011, 10:17 AM

How can you sit there and say that? I think the Kat team right now is stronger than earllier in the year. I think the result would still be the same.

blackfordpu
November 4th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I dont doubt for one second that the score would be different if we plaayed now, but what I really want to hear is how youre gonna beat the Demons...Im gonna be a fan of 2 SLC teams tomorrow...

Yea, all Bearkats will be watching that game closely this weekend.