vs. CAA 0-5
vs. FBS Independents 0-1
vs. Ivy 9-7
vs. MEAC 1-0
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. NEC 5-0
vs. PFL 3-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)
(These are not the “official” standings because Fordham is included.)

Lehigh 3-0, 7-1
Georgetown 3-1, 7-2
Holy Cross 2-1, 4-4
Bucknell 2-2, 5-4
Lafayette 1-2, 3-5
Colgate 1-3, 4-5
Fordham* 0-3, 1-7

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH - I hate Lehigh so Cross will win.
FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN - I won't will pick any Georgetown games until that FiOS tape delay game actually is aired.
COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE - Colgate 105-0.

I'm in a very foul mood. That's all you get this week.

hawkineer
October 29th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I'm in a very foul mood.
How come?;)

Bogus Megapardus
October 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM
How come?;)

I was going to do a fake horror movie poster and everything - The Frankosaurus vs. The Biddleator - but I sat in the freakin' snow to watch those freakin' Buffalo Jumpers sashay across the tundra as if the Pards all had packed up and headed to Dubuque for Halloween break without telling the fans.

carney2
October 29th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I was going to do a fake horror movie poster and everything - The Frankosaurus vs. The Biddleator - but I sat in the freakin' snow to watch those freakin' Buffalo Jumpers sachet across the tundra as if the Pards all had packed up and headed to Dubuque for Halloween break without telling the fans.

Are you saying - or even hinting - that the Pards have packed it in?

Fordham
October 29th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Lehigh
Gtown
Lafayette

ngineer
October 29th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Lehigh just has too many weapons for Holy Cross. Crusaders will give Mountain Hawks a game, just as the Raiders did today. LU needs to clean up its penalty situation. must have had about 100 yards in penalties today, the most being of the 15 yard variety. Former DC Gilmore, now HC HC, always gets psyched coming back to Goodman, so I'm sure he'll have some schemes devised to slow down Lehigh juggernaut. Still, Lehigh pulls away, 38-17.

I'm tempted to pick the Rams over the Hoyas. G'town must be feeling real good about itself after the big win in 'Wustah'..Might be feeling too good and already looking ahead to Lehigh. Georgetown having a 'trap' game? Whodathunkit. No reason Fordham should win this game, but it is the "big Jesuit clash" as they fight for the Little White Collar. Howabout an "upset special" with the Rams pulling off a shocker, 21-20?

Colgate showed a lot of spunk defending their turf against Lehigh. How will they do on the road, now that they are off to their worst league start in 16 years? How does Laughyette respond to the being dumped upon by a ton of Bison chips? Colgate showed me more Saturday than the 'pards, so I go with the Raiders, 30-17.

RichH2
October 30th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Gate Pards 2 teams on a slide. Will either one show up on Saturday Pards have to they are home.

Rams are dreadful. GU not as talented but fewer mistakes

Cross will play better at Goodman. So will LU. Not close at the end but a ggod game

carney2
October 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH – The sun has set in Woo.

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN – The sun never rose in The Bronx.

COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE – There is no sun in Easton.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM

Not for a night game, of course. xlolx

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2011, 03:03 PM

Lighten up, carney!

carney2
October 30th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Lighten up, carney!

I get it. A play on words.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2011, 03:46 PM
'At's a joke, sun.

Brighten your day.

Just trying to make light of the situation.

Not like the world revolves around you or anything . . . .

Sader87
October 30th, 2011, 03:51 PM

Hemingway makes mention of Holy Cross in his novel "The Sun Also Rises".....just sayin'

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2011, 04:33 PM
'At's a joke, sun.

Brighten your day.

Just trying to make light of the situation.

Not like the world revolves around you or anything . . . .

Bardus Avonus Megalopolis!xbowxxlolx

ngineer
October 30th, 2011, 11:37 PM

Plenty of 'moons' though! (;-)

...I guess that was a nasty crack....(;-)

Doc QB
October 31st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Week 10 Games:

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH
FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN
COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE

Lehigh over HC...despite 'Sader thinking the Saders may get out of a funk, I am still not sold on HC. Saw their TV game at UMass early in season and I wasnt impressed much, and considering how Minutemen have done, not a useful barometer. Unfortunately, the close call with UNH may not either. This actually worries me immensely, as we LU folk think of UNH as a quality loss, but UNH may be a tad overrated. Yes they keep winning, but not big margins, which may be atrributable to playing CAA tilt, and they have some really tough games to go. They could miss playoffs. Yep, you heard it here first.

Georgetown in a tight one...Fordham getting spanked in the blizzard on the Hudson on national TV has got to make them play a little harder this week, shouldn't it?

Colgate over Pards...Colgate needs a W after a LU victory in Hamilton, and Leopards struggles will continue this week.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Fordham getting spanked in the blizzard on the Hudson on national TV has got to make them play a little harder this week, shouldn't it?

Not necessarily. The Fordham/Army game was on national television. By contrast, Georgetown has a contract with Verizon not to televise any game in which Georgetown is a participant. Since no one will be able to watch, or even discuss, the Georgetown/Fordham game as a matter of federal law, there will be reason for Fordham to be embarrassed.

DFW HOYA
October 31st, 2011, 10:02 AM
Not necessarily. The Fordham/Army game was on national television. By contrast, Georgetown has a contract with Verizon not to televise any game in which Georgetown is a participant. Since no one will be able to watch, or even discuss, the Georgetown/Fordham game as a matter of federal law, there will be reason for Fordham to be embarrassed.

Verizon Fios follows the rules of Fight Club.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2011, 10:11 AM

Boy oh boy, DFW, did you ever hit the nail on the head with this one.

The Last Engineer
October 31st, 2011, 10:25 AM

Maybe Lafayette's homework assignment from last week's Fight Club was to pick a fight and intentionally lose. That might explain the 7 turnovers against Bucknell.

His name is Frankosaurus. His name is Frankosaurus! HIS NAME IS FRANKOSAURUS!

carney2
October 31st, 2011, 11:25 AM
Maybe Lafayette's homework assignment from last week's Fight Club was to pick a fight and intentionally lose. That might explain the 7 turnovers against Bucknell.

Their homework assignment for this week is to actually show up, and then to pretend that they want to be there after arriving.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2011, 12:02 PM

Magnificently well-played.

ngineer
October 31st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Their homework assignment for this week is to actually show up, and then to pretend that they want to be there after arriving.

There is a lot of truth in what you said. I watched the game in the warmth of my den and remarked to my wife that when Bucknell came out they were all hopped up; whereas, when Lafayette came out of their 'inflated Leopard head' they seemed to be jogging as if going to another practice. Maybe the snow got into some of the kids' heads and they weren't looking forward to the slush, the result clearly shows what happens when you are not mentally ready to play, regardless of the skills the players have, because I'm convinced Lafayette still had, overall, better athletes on the field (Bucknell's D line being an exception).

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2011, 01:25 PM
There is a lot of truth in what you said. I watched the game in the warmth of my den and remarked to my wife that when Bucknell came out they were all hopped up; whereas, when Lafayette came out of their 'inflated Leopard head' they seemed to be jogging as if going to another practice. Maybe the snow got into some of the kids' heads and they weren't looking forward to the slush, the result clearly shows what happens when you are not mentally ready to play, regardless of the skills the players have, because I'm convinced Lafayette still had, overall, better athletes on the field (Bucknell's D line being an exception).

Actually, the Bucknell guys sort of sauntered nonchalantly out of the KSC lockers and gathered on their sideline before the broadcast began. They were jumping up and down to keep warm as Lafayette came out of the Leopard head following their video board intro.

Having been at the game, I disagree with those who sensed a lack of commitment or motivation on the part of the Lafayette players. They were outplayed for sure, and they lost the game. But they were plenty fired up from what I could see.

ngineer
October 31st, 2011, 01:37 PM
Actually, the Bucknell guys sort of sauntered nonchalantly out of the KSC lockers and gathered on their sideline before the broadcast began. They were jumping up and down to keep warm as Lafayette came out of the Leopard head following their video board intro.

Having been at the game, I disagree with those who sensed a lack of commitment or motivation on the part of the Lafayette players. They were outplayed for sure, and they lost the game. But they were plenty fired up from what I could see.

True, what I saw was only gleaned what the TV cameras gave me, so you certainly had a better 'feel' for the atmosphere (assuming your fingers weren't numb). While conditions certainly affected things like grip and footing, when one team has so many more turnovers than the other, it usually comes down to focus. I saw where a Frank had "seniors only" meeting yesterday. How they respond to Colgate will be most interesting. If they respond well, then the season can still be saved. But if the Raiders come down here and do a number like Bucknell, the season could be over.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2011, 01:58 PM
True, what I saw was only gleaned what the TV cameras gave me, so you certainly had a better 'feel' for the atmosphere (assuming your fingers weren't numb). While conditions certainly affected things like grip and footing, when one team has so many more turnovers than the other, it usually comes down to focus. I saw where a Frank had "seniors only" meeting yesterday. How they respond to Colgate will be most interesting. If they respond well, then the season can still be saved. But if the Raiders come down here and do a number like Bucknell, the season could be over.

There were so few people at the game that you could really hear the players and coaches, on both sides of the field. The Bucknell guys certainly had more to cheer about, especially in the fourth quarter, but I never got the impression the the Leopards gave up. If some seemed a bit dispirited due the the mistakes and turnovers, I really can't blame them. But as a team, they seemed with it to the end, at least to me.

van
October 31st, 2011, 03:11 PM

Heard that Biddle had a seniors only meeting after being schalacked by the former Engineers. Maybe they plan to save their season too.

Doc QB
October 31st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Wonder how much Biddle is putting on his O-line and Eachus (or defense) for having the opponent's running attack steal the show. Not sure how many of you guys watched the Lehigh-'Gate CBS telecast, but the announcers sure did love pumping up Nate Eachus. He has had a pretty remarkable career, but he was outplayed by Lehigh's RB on that day for sure. Although listening to the announcers (one of which was RichRod) you may not have immediately noticed. Wonder how much Barkett wanted that one, going head to head against Eachus....both PA high school phenoms, Eachus getting more of the pub, and in his junior and senior years against LU, a big "L" against the school he didnt want to attend.

I found it interesting, one of those match-ups the CBS crew could have built up. Their camera crew is outstanding and it was a great telecast, but I think the usual Lehigh crew, headed my my fraternity buddy Mike Yadush '93 in the booth would have played up that match-up some.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Wonder how much Biddle is putting on his O-line and Eachus (or defense) for having the opponent's running attack steal the show. Not sure how many of you guys watched the Lehigh-'Gate CBS telecast, but the announcers sure did love pumping up Nate Eachus. He has had a pretty remarkable career, but he was outplayed by Lehigh's RB on that day for sure. Although listening to the announcers (one of which was RichRod) you may not have immediately noticed. Wonder how much Barkett wanted that one, going head to head against Eachus....both PA high school phenoms, Eachus getting more of the pub, and in his junior and senior years against LU, a big "L" against the school he didnt want to attend.

I found it interesting, one of those match-ups the CBS crew could have built up. Their camera crew is outstanding and it was a great telecast, but I think the usual Lehigh crew, headed my my fraternity buddy Mike Yadush '93 in the booth would have played up that match-up some.

That's a great point, though it made my game wrap-up a whole lot easier because I spend the entire thing, basically, focusing on it.

Even during the game I made notice that Barket was beating the pants off of Eachus in the running game.

Bogus Megapardus
October 31st, 2011, 04:54 PM
Lafayette's own Blake Costanzo, now with the San Fransisco 49ers, is on the NFL Pro Bowl ballot this year as a Special Teamer. Be sure to vote early and often. We don't get too many Patriot League Pro Bowlers.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

http://www.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/Costanzo.jpg

TheValleyRaider
October 31st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Rough week on all counts, including going 1-3 on the picks. Still a strong 35-11, but little margin of error if I want a strong finish

Holy Cross at Lehigh Lehigh The Crusaders' loss last week takes a significant amount of shine off this game, and even before that the home-standing Hawks looked to be heavy favorites. Right now the League is still very much up for grabs, but with Lehigh looking like the PL's best all year, and with both critical league contests in Bethlehem, I expect the Hawks take care of business on the repeat and get ready for the postseason

Fordham at Georgetown Georgetown Fordham looks like a mess right now, the Rams' scholarship plans so far yielding very little fruit. Hopefully the team at least enjoyed playing in Hartford and West Point. Speaking of having fun, is anyone enjoying their season as much as the Hoyas? Without the burden of preseason expectations (from anywhere outside DC, at least), the Hoyas have so far put a hurting on some traditional PL powers, and are in the driver's seat to finish at least 2nd. Kudos on the 2011 turnaround Hoyas, and I see no reason not to keep the good times going on Senior Day

Colgate at Lafayette Colgate On the opposite end of the happiness spectrum are two teams in the doldrums of unimpressive campaigns. Colgate is 0-3 in PL play for the first time since 1996, while Lafayette is coming off a snowy drubbing at the hands of former League doormat Bucknell. Both squads have been plagued with inconsistent play all season long, which their poor records surely indicates. I still think Colgate is a stronger overall team (insert comment about the tallest building in Omaha), and they get the win under the late-season lights as the two teams begin to focus on next year

LUHawker
October 31st, 2011, 08:10 PM
Lafayette's own Blake Costanzo, now with the San Fransisco 49ers, is on the NFL Pro Bowl ballot this year as a Special Teamer. Be sure to vote early and often. We don't get too many Patriot League Pro Bowlers.

I voted. There are certain times when we PLers have to stick together.

LUHawker
October 31st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Fordham at Georgetown Georgetown Fordham looks like a mess right now, the Rams' scholarship plans so far yielding very little fruit. Hopefully the team at least enjoyed playing in Hartford and West Point. Speaking of having fun, is anyone enjoying their season as much as the Hoyas? Without the burden of preseason expectations (from anywhere outside DC, at least), the Hoyas have so far put a hurting on some traditional PL powers, and are in the driver's seat to finish at least 2nd. Kudos on the 2011 turnaround Hoyas, and I see no reason not to keep the good times going on Senior Day

Before the season started Lehigh HC Andy Coen was asked about the league and he singled-out Georgetown as a team to watch. At the time, I thought that was just him saying nice things about a beaten down program when his team was getting all the pre-season accolades. Who knew that maybe Andy knew what he was talking about. I still find it hard to believe that it really could come down to Lehigh-Gtown for the PL crown in a couple of weeks.

ngineer
October 31st, 2011, 10:07 PM
Heard that Biddle had a seniors only meeting after being schalacked by the former Engineers. Maybe they plan to save their season too.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Hard t start kickin' a-- at this point in the season. Who will 'out-motivate' who?

Pard4Life
October 31st, 2011, 10:12 PM
Lehigh Georgetown will not even be close. Maybe for a half but that's it.

carney2
November 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM
Heard that Biddle had a seniors only meeting after being schalacked by the former Engineers.

Allentown Mourning Crawl Lafayette beat writer, Paul Reinhard, reports the same closed door session this past Sunday in Bourger. Should be interesting.

By the way, the Colgate @ Lafayette affair shapes up as the unstoppable vs. the incompetent, with both wearing 'gate white this week. Consider:

Colgate RB, Nate Eachus, has averaged - AVERAGED! - 200 yds. per game in his three cracks at the Lafayette defense.

BUT

The Colgate "defense" has given up a whopping 32.3 points per game this year.

The question is,

Will Colgate win?

OR

Will Colgate lose?

I have trouble seeing how the home team fits into this equation.

RichH2
November 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM

OK a few more votes for Pard Alum

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Lehigh Georgetown will not even be close. Maybe for a half but that's it.

That's what Colgate probably figured, too. In eight prior games, the average margin of victory by the Red Raiders was 23 points.

RichH2
November 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM
That's what Colgate probably figured, too. In eight prior games, the average margin of victory by the Red Raiders was 23 points.

We could get into a war of comparative scores but letscut to the chase. I expect GU D to slow down LU offense appreciably for a good part ofthe game. Hoya offense will have tremendous difficulty scoring. Tight close game at Goodman. LU depth wins it.

LBPop
November 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM
We could get into a war of comparative scores but letscut to the chase. I expect GU D to slow down LU offense appreciably for a good part ofthe game. Hoya offense will have tremendous difficulty scoring. Tight close game at Goodman. LU depth wins it.

Regardless of the how or why of Georgetown's improvement (more on that below), it's a joy to see them in a game that matters...and so late in the season. I think Lehigh can expect a nice Georgetown crowd when the Hoyas come visiting. And that begs the question of what would have happened had this upcoming game been scheduled as a home game for Georgetown? Would the game have stayed at the MSF? Finally the Hoyas field a relevant team, but are still playing in an irrelevant "stadium".

As for why Georgetown has improved so much...my feeling is that they finally are putting similar sized people on the line of scrimmage. The Hoyas have for years been solid behind the line both on 'O' and on 'D'. The undersized "gamers" that have been playing both lines for a decade, would eventually (if not immediately) be overwhelmed by a 30lb to 50lb weight difference. Maybe they will wear down, but maybe...xcoffeex

RichH2
November 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
Pop,were this any other game, I would root for hoyas. Truly glad that program has finally turned around. Would it be any different at GU? probably not but might have brought out some students. Good luck vs Rams. They are a real trainwreck but still dangerous.

We will have a tough time with Cross.

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Would the game have stayed at the MSF? Finally the Hoyas field a relevant team, but are still playing in an irrelevant "stadium".

Yes, it would have been at the MSF under a awkward conflict--the home opener for men's basketball is the same time as this game.

As for why Georgetown has improved so much...my feeling is that they finally are putting similar sized people on the line of scrimmage. The Hoyas have for years been solid behind the line both on 'O' and on 'D'. The undersized "gamers" that have been playing both lines for a decade, would eventually (if not immediately) be overwhelmed by a 30lb to 50lb weight difference.

I was looking at the 2008 media guide today and saw the weights of the offensive line that season: 255,265,265,250,265.

The 2011 offensive line: 285,310,285,345,300. All returning next year.

I won't call 2011 a complete "turnaround" (Fordham being a good example of having turnaround seasons that do not stick), but it's a step in the right direction.

CFBfan
November 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yes, it would have been at the MSF under a awkward conflict--the home opener for men's basketball is the same time as this game.

I was looking at the 2008 media guide today and saw the weights of the offensive line that season: 255,265,265,250,265.

The 2011 offensive line: 285,310,285,345,300. All returning next year.

I won't call 2011 a complete "turnaround" (Fordham being a good example of having turnaround seasons that do not stick), but it's a step in the right direction.

DFW do you also have the weights on the D Line??

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM

This is as aptly put an insight as any I ever have read. My apologies if in the past I have made light of your age and incontinence.

Sader87
November 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Tom Gilmore has never lost at Goodman as head coach at HC (winning in 2005, 2007 and 2009)....just thought I'd throw that out there.

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Tom Gilmore has never lost at Goodman as head coach at HC (winning in 2005, 2007 and 2009)....just thought I'd throw that out there.

No kidding? A novena to Saint Sebastian is in order, then. Is there a distinct patron saint for winning streaks as well? Beating Lehigh is a good and righteous endeavor, no matter what the circumstances.

TheValleyRaider
November 1st, 2011, 04:54 PM
The question is,

Will Colgate win?

OR

Will Colgate lose?

That's usually how I approach these games

carney2
November 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
This is as aptly put an insight as any I ever have read. My apologies if in the past I have made light of your age and incontinence.

If I didn't already have so many scars and abrasions from the Lafayette board, I'd say "ouch." As it is I shall just allow myself to slip yet further into my football inflicted seasonal depression.

Bogus Megapardus
November 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
If I didn't already have so many scars and abrasions from the Lafayette board, I'd say "ouch." As it is I shall just allow myself to slip yet further into my football inflicted seasonal depression.

It was meant as a compliment, Sir. The last part was added because . . . well . . . becasue I could. I have been known to allow my keyboard to get away from me.

van
November 1st, 2011, 07:38 PM

Guess there is a first time for everything.

MTfan4life
November 1st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Lehigh 145 Holy Cross -12
Georgetown 34 Fordham 10
Colgate 31 Lafayette 20

van
November 1st, 2011, 07:42 PM
Well I was 3 - 1 last week, got Bison right, but Cross laid down on me.

Lehigh at home, too many weapons for the Cross

Gate showed a lot of spunk last week and well, spotted cats did not, going with Gate this week

Hmm, feeling like there might be an upset this week, but been burned by those Hoyas, so I am going with the hot Hoyas

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2011, 08:39 PM
I compiled some interesting data on the Lafayette-Lehigh game... and against popular belief, records do matter. I'll show more of it as we get closer, but some interesting tidbits:

Biggest Lehigh upsets: 1968 and 2009
Biggest Lafayette upset: 1949

No team has ever won a rivalry game when there is more than a five win margin between the teams entering the game.

Southsider
November 1st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Wow P4L. You have wayyyyy too much time on your hands! Just roll with it. And, BEAT THE GATE"!!

ngineer
November 1st, 2011, 09:07 PM
I compiled some interesting data on the Lafayette-Lehigh game... and against popular belief, records do matter. I'll show more of it as we get closer, but some interesting tidbits:

Biggest Lehigh upsets: 1968 and 2009
Biggest Lafayette upset: 1949

No team has ever won a rivalry game when there is more than a five win margin between the teams entering the game.

By that you mean that an 'underdog' that won, never had record that was 5 wins worse than the favorite? I find that surprising in that I thought both of our teams pulled off wins years ago when coming in with pretty poor records viz the other...but I trust you've done your homework it. How about 1963..Lehigh was 1-8 with only win over 'pards and 1965 same thing occurred. Was Lafayette that almost that bad, too?
Doing my perusal of Lehigh's records, I see that back in the early 1900's the Lehigh-Lafayette game was not always the last game of the regular season, as has become the custom. Georgetown was Lehigh's final game in1903, 1910, and 1911. Last time I can see any team but Lafayette being the final regular season game was Penn State in 1931.

ColgateTD
November 1st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Lehigh over HC: I am a true believer; ain't no one -- and I mean no one -- gonna beat the EngineHawks this season.
G'town over the Rams: The "New Georgetown" will beat up on any players still standing after last week's Cadet shellacking.
'Gate over Pards: It is with fear and trepidation that I pick Alma Mater in this battle of bottom feeders. Oh, how the mighty have fallen :(

24-13 so far...

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2011, 09:32 PM
Wow P4L. You have wayyyyy too much time on your hands! Just roll with it. And, BEAT THE GATE"!!

It took a total of 45 minutes to pull off! Part here, a section there.

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM
By that you mean that an 'underdog' that won, never had record that was 5 wins worse than the favorite? I find that surprising in that I thought both of our teams pulled off wins years ago when coming in with pretty poor records viz the other...but I trust you've done your homework it. How about 1963..Lehigh was 1-8 with only win over 'pards and 1965 same thing occurred. Was Lafayette that almost that bad, too?
Doing my perusal of Lehigh's records, I see that back in the early 1900's the Lehigh-Lafayette game was not always the last game of the regular season, as has become the custom. Georgetown was Lehigh's final game in1903, 1910, and 1911. Last time I can see any team but Lafayette being the final regular season game was Penn State in 1931.

Right, I mean the underdog that had more than five wins than the other team. It's never happened. The data is on my computer and I'm on a mobile, but 1968 and 2009 were the greatest Lehigh upsets... ie LC had 8 wins and LU 3 (5 wins) in 2009 and LC 7 wins and LU 2 wins in 1968. Biggest LC upset was 1949 (LU 6 wins and LC 1 win). Those were the largest upsets for either team.

I don't recall 1963 off the top of my head but I think 1965 was an LU upset... four game difference I think.

I accounted for years where each team was not the last game or was played twice per season. LC's last game for many years until 1915 was Dickinson, presumably a Thanksgiving game.

ngineer
November 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM
Right, I mean the underdog that had more than five wins than the other team. It's never happened. The data is on my computer and I'm on a mobile, but 1968 and 2009 were the greatest Lehigh upsets... ie LC had 8 wins and LU 3 (5 wins) in 2009 and LC 7 wins and LU 2 wins in 1968. Biggest LC upset was 1949 (LU 6 wins and LC 1 win). Those were the largest upsets for either team.

I don't recall 1963 off the top of my head but I think 1965 was an LU upset... four game difference I think.

I accounted for years where each team was not the last game or was played twice per season. LC's last game for many years until 1915 was Dickinson, presumably a Thanksgiving game.

Very interesting..with 146 games under the belt, you'd think there'd be more and some with wider margins. Though, if you think about it, despite our respective teams having some periods of downright being horrible, we have over 126 years won a lot of games, so there probably not a lot of seasons where such a marked difference in wins between the two teams occurred. No need to look that up unless you really have a lot of time on your hands! (;-)

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2011, 10:34 PM
Very interesting..with 146 games under the belt, you'd think there'd be more and some with wider margins. Though, if you think about it, despite our respective teams having some periods of downright being horrible, we have over 126 years won a lot of games, so there probably not a lot of seasons where such a marked difference in wins between the two teams occurred. No need to look that up unless you really have a lot of time on your hands! (;-)

I actually have that information compiled on the sheet. I'd say 40% of the time it has been lopsided record-wise.

carney2
November 1st, 2011, 11:49 PM
How about 1963..Lehigh was 1-8 with only win over 'pards and 1965 same thing occurred. Was Lafayette that almost that bad, too?

1963: Lafayette was 1-7 going into the game and lost to Lehigh 13-6. This was, I believe, the last game not played on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It had to be rescheduled for Thanksgiving weekend because of the Kennedy assassination.

1965: Lafayette was 3-6 going into the game and lost to Lehigh 20-14 to end up 3-7.

Those were dreadful Lafayette teams through most of the 60s - and 70s.

And, my gut feel - unsupported by P4L's facts - is that all of that "you can throw the records out the window" crap is just that - crap. It seems to me that the favorite usually wins - and covers the spread. I will be very interested in P4L's expose'.

ngineer
November 1st, 2011, 11:57 PM
1963: Lafayette was 1-7 going into the game and lost to Lehigh 13-6. This was, I believe, the last game not played on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It had to be rescheduled for Thanksgiving weekend because of the Kennedy assassination.

1965: Lafayette was 3-6 going into the game and lost to Lehigh 20-14 to end up 3-7.

Those were dreadful Lafayette teams through most of the 60s - and 70s.

Wow. Some real 'toilet bowl' games, but still The Rivalry none the less. Yes, your squads during my time of the early 70's were fairly weak and we were beginning "The Renaissance." I was recruited by Harry Gamble in 1969 but heard he was on the 'short list' for Penn. Liked Fred Dunlap alot, too, and the school, so ended up an Engineer, though if I knew Gamble were staying, it would have made it a harder decision.

van
November 2nd, 2011, 07:19 AM

Of course, any time that the Easton boys win, it must be an upset.

Pard4Life
November 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
The team that is supposed to win does, but the scores are sometimes close.

Pard4Life
November 2nd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Gtown is presently tied for 29th in the GPI index... what are the odds Brian Kelly skips town at the end of the season?

CFBfan
November 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Gtown is presently tied for 29th in the GPI index... what are the odds Brian Kelly skips town at the end of the season?

It's Kelly's (1st name Kevin) 1st winning season and his overall record is not too attractive. I would think he needs another "good" season next year to draw interest from another program??

Pard4Life
November 2nd, 2011, 09:04 AM
If he does get another job in a year, he's earned it (unlike one Pete Lembo ie I was handed a title team on a silver platter.) Carney could have coached 01-05 Lehigh to at least 8 wins.

carney2
November 2nd, 2011, 09:43 AM

Quoting DFW before he even opens his mouth: "There's always hope."

carney2
November 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
If he does get another job in a year, he's earned it (unlike one Pete Lembo ie I was handed a title team on a silver platter.) Carney could have coached 01-05 Lehigh to at least 8 wins.

Damning with faint praise, but I'll take it. MUCH better than the usual commentary that includes my name.

DFW HOYA
November 2nd, 2011, 09:53 AM

I think you'll have to ask the Notre Dame folks on that one.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
I agree that Kelly would need another good year to attract interest from a school that would be a 'step up' or at least a decent lateral. Of course, if he sees nothing coming from the administration in terms of more support, then he could take whatever he feels would provide him a better future.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
I kind of disagree with the posters here. I give Kelly a boatload of credit for 2009, overturning a generation of losing football and having them in the PL playoff hunt well into November.

Having said that, I don't think he's going anywhere. Just a hunch. Unless something opens up at Navy and Nimulunulatato (sp) leaves..

Pard4Life
November 2nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
I checked... 1965 was an LU upset because they had no wins and LC had three, 2008 was also an upset because there was a three game difference, and 1892 was the other. I consider an upset three games or more in win difference. LC has only done it once, but LC has entered the game with three or more games ahead at about three times the rate of Lehigh.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
I checked... 1965 was an LU upset because they had no wins and LC had three, 2008 was also an upset because there was a three game difference, and 1892 was the other. I consider an upset three games or more in win difference. LC has only done it once, but LC has entered the game with three or more games ahead at about three times the rate of Lehigh.

Thanks. Quite interesting. Your observation on the discrepancy of LC teams having many more seasons with more than 3 win spreads is understandable considering the three decades of putrid football Lehigh had from the 1930's, 1940's and 1960's (sans 1961).

Pards Rule
November 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
I actually have that information compiled on the sheet. I'd say 40% of the time it has been lopsided record-wise.

A speadsheet?!?! A SPREADSHEET!! (said ala Animal House "pledge pin")...You DO have too much time on your hands! P4L for Offensive Line Coach!

carney2
November 2nd, 2011, 07:25 PM
Using win-loss records of all teams - played and to be played - as the measuring stick, Lafayette currently has the toughest FCS schedule in the country. The Pards are tied with Rhode Island at 62.03% winning percentage for their opponents. The Pards get the nod because the teams that they HAVE played have a higher winning percentage than those URI has played. Ranking the schedules of the Patriot League:

Lafayette 62.03%
Holy Cross 60.00%
Colgate 54.43%
Lehigh 53.08%
Bucknell 52.50%
Fordham 43.21%
Georgetown 41.77%

crusader11
November 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Georgetown has had a great year and is much improved, but this does put things in perspective. Playing a schedule like any of the other PL teams, save Bucknell, and there are probably two more losses for the Hoyas. Although, they've proven me wrong all year, so who knows.

Pard4Life
November 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
A speadsheet?!?! A SPREADSHEET!! (said ala Animal House "pledge pin")...You DO have too much time on your hands! P4L for Offensive Line Coach!

Ha ha! It was really easy... I could tell you how to do it in a few easy steps, but then that would alert LFN and that computer IT nerd would do it himself and then write another "breaking" and "Pulitzer" blog entry off of my proprietary data!!

CFBfan
November 2nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Georgetown has had a great year and is much improved, but this does put things in perspective. Playing a schedule like any of the other PL teams, save Bucknell, and there are probably two more losses for the Hoyas. Although, they've proven me wrong all year, so who knows.

But on the other hand Lafayette, Holy Cross & Colgate are rated 1.2 & 3 here and Georgetown has beaten all 3 of them......

Bogus Megapardus
November 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
But on the other hand Lafayette, Holy Cross & Colgate are rated 1.2 & 3 here and Georgetown has beaten all 3 of them......

I wouldn't get too excited there, CBFan. I have a feeling that Georgetown will get its due - both later this season vs Lehigh and next year as well. The Hoyas used to be the cuddly little puppy dog foot warmer of the PL. You couldn't make fun of them becasue they were so utterly pathetic. They now have provided the rest of us with plenty to dislike. I know that those home games against Marist and Davidson create a lot of stress, but trust me - we'll be gunning for you big time next year, as I'm sure Holy Cross will. I'm going to make it my personal mission to provide the Hoyas, and especially their media representatives and "video people," a most appropriate welcome to historic Fisher Field. And Georgetown will lose. I'm telling you know, and I guarantee it. Georgetown will lose.

CFBfan
November 3rd, 2011, 04:14 AM
That's all well and good Bogus BUT staying on the subject which is/was:

Lafayette 62.03%
Holy Cross 60.00%
Colgate 54.43%
Lehigh 53.08%
Bucknell 52.50%
Fordham 43.21%
Georgetown 41.77%

My comment stands

van
November 3rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
Using win-loss records of all teams - played and to be played - as the measuring stick, Lafayette currently has the toughest FCS schedule in the country. The Pards are tied with Rhode Island at 62.03% winning percentage for their opponents. The Pards get the nod because the teams that they HAVE played have a higher winning percentage than those URI has played. Ranking the schedules of the Patriot League:

Lafayette 62.03%
Holy Cross 60.00%
Colgate 54.43%
Lehigh 53.08%
Bucknell 52.50%
Fordham 43.21%
Georgetown 41.77%

Wonder what those % would look like if G'town lost to pards and cross?

carney2
November 3rd, 2011, 08:17 AM

Which just shows ta go ya that just because you play the tough schedule does not mean that you are capable of coping with it. Kudos to the Hoyas and all of that, but beating a team with a tough schedule is a lot different than beating a tough team.

CFBfan
November 3rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Which just shows ta go ya that just because you play the tough schedule does not mean that you are capable of coping with it. Kudos to the Hoyas and all of that, but beating a team with a tough schedule is a lot different than beating a tough team.

Yes, that's exactly the point Carney: Playing a "tough" schedule doesn't mean that you are better than a team that plays a "weaker" schedule.

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Lafayette has not played Colgate or Holy Cross... so to be continued...

van
November 3rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Lafayette has not played Colgate or Holy Cross... so to be continued...

Nor have they yet lost to Lehigh. xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
November 3rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Nor have they yet lost to Lehigh.

Long may that be the case.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 4th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I think we'll see a lot of points this weekend...

Colgate 35 Lafayette 31 - should be a fun a game to watch...

Georgetown 31 Fordham 27 - The Rams will put up a good fight but the Hoyas prevail....

Lehigh 41 Holy Cross 28 - I can't see Holy Cross being able to stop the Lehigh offense.

carney2
November 4th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I think we'll see a lot of points this weekend...

Colgate 35 Lafayette 31 - should be a fun a game to watch...

Not if you're there in person, sitting in the 30-something degree NIGHT chill. Idiots!

van
November 4th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Not if you're there in person, sitting in the 30-something degree NIGHT chill. Idiots!

Bring your flask, it can keep you warm and drown your sorrows.

crusader11
November 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
What moron scheduled a night game at Lafayette in November? Usually, games played at night attract more fannies in the seats...think it may do the opposite in Easton tomorrow evening.

Franks Tanks
November 4th, 2011, 09:24 AM
What moron scheduled a night game at Lafayette in November? Usually, games played at night attract more fannies in the seats...think it may do the opposite in Easton tomorrow evening.

High schools all over PA will be playing on Friday night with 7PM start times. Overall I agree that in this specific example it would be better to have a day game, but it is not completely out of the ordinary to have night football in November. Next year I hope we go back to Sept and early October night games only.

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe Lafayette thought it might avoid conflict with Lehigh at home. Gives people a chance to attend both.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2011, 10:05 AM
It would have been ideal had either Colgate or Lafayette been in the PL title hunt, which was not an unreasonable expectation at all in August.

carney2
November 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Bring your flask, it can keep you warm and drown your sorrows.

It is a dead certainty that there won't be much "huddling" going on in the crowd of dozens.

carney2
November 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Maybe Lafayette thought it might avoid conflict with Lehigh at home. Gives people a chance to attend both.

This assumes some thought and planning. Name the last time you saw any of that at Benningtonlite.

carney2
November 4th, 2011, 10:17 AM
It would have been ideal had either Colgate or Lafayette been in the PL title hunt, which was not an unreasonable expectation at all in August.

With Lafayette coming off a 2-9 season and having a problem in the lines on both sides of the ball (they are still looking for a lineman - any lineman - by the way) it was not only an unreasonable expectation, but an absolutely ludicrous thought. With the information that has come out along the way about the withdrawal of institutional support for the football program and the cutting of equivalencies into the low 40s, it is now obvious that it would have been a miracle worthy of canonization for Tavani.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
With Lafayette coming off a 2-9 season and having a problem in the lines on both sides of the ball (they are still looking for a lineman - any lineman - by the way) it was not only an unreasonable expectation, but an absolutely ludicrous thought. With the information that has come out along the way about the withdrawal of institutional support for the football program and the cutting of equivalencies into the low 40s, it is now obvious that it would have been a miracle worthy of canonization for Tavani.

I was thinking of Colgate, but it's always pleasant to rattle your cage, carney. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Here's the Sportsbook:

Brown (-10˝) at Yale o/u 36˝

Harvard (-28) at Columbia o/u 53˝

Lehigh (-16) vs Holy Cross o/u 47˝

Georgetown (-20) vs Fordham o/u 48˝

Penn (-17) vs Princeton o/u 48˝

Cornell (-3) at Dartmouth o/u 43˝

Colgate (-1˝) at Lafayette o/u 56

Other Games of Interest:

New Hampshire (-6) vs James Madison o/u 52˝

Maine (-7) vs Towson o/u 57˝

Rhode Island (-5˝) vs William & Mary o/u 41˝

Old Dominion (-8˝) vs Richmond o/u 55˝

UMass (-20) vs Villanova o/u 53˝

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Georgetown (-20) vs Fordham o/u 48˝

Be honest. Did you ever think you'd see this in your lifetime?

RichH2
November 4th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Wow, Hoyas' spread is amazing. Nova's also for different reasons. Lehigh -Cross about what you would expect. LU will win ,cover?
Not sure, Tom expert at psyching his team up . He was fun to watch at LU,enthusiastic would be a vast understatement. Kids played well over their heads . Downside, of course lots of personal fouls.It was exciting. The mind games between cecchini and Gilmore will be fascinating

carney2
November 4th, 2011, 11:42 AM

Another slap in the face of that whole Rose Hill crowd and their delusions of grandeur. (Think basketball as well as football.)

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Another slap in the face of that whole Rose Hill crowd and their delusions of grandeur. (Think basketball as well as football.)

Before you dismiss the Rams to athletic irrelevancy, let me remind you - those Fordham Boys do play an exciting brand of Water Polo.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1636/waterpolo.png

CFBfan
November 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM

holy krapp! NO!! and as a GUfan it scares me......

carney2
November 4th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I have not been keeping track, but I think this thread has exceeded 100 posts every week this season. The Patriot League may not play relevant football, but we do know how to grump, groan and sling insults. "Outsiders" gravitate here because it's entertaining. Therefore, on behalf of absolutely no one, I thank each and every one of you for your contributions.

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I have not been keeping track, but I think this thread has exceeded 100 posts every week this season. The Patriot League may not play relevant football, but we do know how to grump, groan and sling insults. "Outsiders" gravitate here because it's entertaining. Therefore, on behalf of absolutely no one, I thank each and every one of you for your contributions.

As if you really expected it to be limited just to picks, without "commentary."

I guess the only downside is that we tend to chase those "outsiders" asunder. Only a few brave souls from other conferences actually post here.

van
November 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM
As if you really expected it to be limited just to picks, without "commentary."

I guess the only downside is that we tend to chase those "outsiders" asunder. Only a few brave souls from other conferences actually post here.

Cause they can't match your wit Bogie.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2011, 02:58 PM

Didn't you mean to say, "except for Bogies' contribution of the picture of the men's water polo team", I was hoping?

carney2
November 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I was thinking of Colgate, but it's always pleasant to rattle your cage, carney. xlolx xlolx xlolx

So, what are you saying, LFN, that a 7-2 Colgate vs. a 3-5 Lafayette would have packed the house? C'mon, reach down and pull your head out. This was a bad idea from the get-go. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it except the moron that scheduled it. And that SOB should be stripped naked and forced to sit on a metal stool on the 50 yard line at Fisher until one week after the last college football game of the season is played. You can bet that he will be comfortably ensconced in the heated press box tomorrow night.

I will, of course, have an opinion one way or the other about scheduling night games in Pennsylvania in November after attending tomorrow night's affair. I'm expecting it to be a rollicking good time.

ColgateTD
November 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
So, what are you saying, LFN, that a 7-2 Colgate vs. a 3-5 Lafayette would have packed the house? C'mon, reach down and pull your head out. This was a bad idea from the get-go. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it except the moron that scheduled it. And that SOB should be stripped naked and forced to sit on a metal stool on the 50 yard line at Fisher until one week after the last college football game of the season is played. You can bet that he will be comfortably ensconced in the heated press box tomorrow night.

I will, of course, have an opinion one way or the other about scheduling night games in Pennsylvania in November after attending tomorrow night's affair. I'm expecting it to be a rollicking good time.

It was a terrible idea, but it could have been worse: it could have been a November night game in Hamilton. (Maybe the 6 PM start is due to televising conflicts on pizzatv?)

Leopard Loyalist
November 4th, 2011, 04:45 PM
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH Confidence level: medium high
FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN Confidence level: medium
COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE Confidence level: zero

34-12 so far this year.

alvinkayak6
November 4th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Lehigh pulls away late to win 38-16.
Georgetown thumps Fordham 42-10.
Colgate edges Lafayette 21-20.

Go...gate
November 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Lehigh 33, Holy Cross 16

Georgetown 27, Fordham 25

Lafayette 20, Colgate 17

carney2
November 4th, 2011, 06:44 PM
It was a terrible idea, but it could have been worse: it could have been a November night game in Hamilton. (Maybe the 6 PM start is due to televising conflicts on pizzatv?)

There are no conflicts. There is no logic. There is only lunacy.

Bogus Megapardus
November 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Didn't you mean to say, "except for Bogies' contribution of the picture of the men's water polo team", I was hoping?

That's a perfectly legitimate photo directly from the Fordham web site of the Water Polo team during a recent match against Iona. Were you all reading something into it?

xrolleyesx

ngineer
November 4th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Wow, Hoyas' spread is amazing. Nova's also for different reasons. Lehigh -Cross about what you would expect. LU will win ,cover?
Not sure, Tom expert at psyching his team up . He was fun to watch at LU,enthusiastic would be a vast understatement. Kids played well over their heads . Downside, of course lots of personal fouls.It was exciting. The mind games between cecchini and Gilmore will be fascinating

Absolutely! These guys spent a lot of time together at Lehigh during the halcyon days 12 years ago. When Higgins left for Detroit, although Lembo was the HC, it was really a triumvrant of Lembo, Cecchini and Gilmore--all young, energetic and very smart football minds. Very different personalities, but it was a heck of a ride. I am sure Cecchini is having as much fun scheming for Holy Cross's defense as much as Gilmore is enjoying trying to disrupt the Lehigh O. It should be very exciting. I would not want to be late for the kickoff.

alvinkayak6
November 4th, 2011, 11:47 PM
It just shows that there are a lot of educated people who care about college football and have school spirit....or at least that there is a contingent of rabid former scholar-athletes attempting to relive their college pigskin days vicariously through 20 year olds they will meet once or twice and will consider outstanding men of character on that basis. A hearty round of applause for all the thinking men playing a savage's sport.

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2011, 12:01 AM

Honestly, once you hit November in Hamilton, you can't really tell the difference temperature-wise

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Honestly, once you hit November in Hamilton, you can't really tell the difference temperature-wise

Indeed VR, I still recall my visit as a HS senior this very week (Jersey week they call it in Florida cause the NJ schools are closed this Thurs & Friday for a teachers convention in, ahem, Atlantic City and a lot of families head to Disney World for cheaper rooms and less lines off season there) back in 1979 and it was snowing with about 4 inches piled up. I vividly recall thinking whats this place like in January and February! I would have rather been at Disney World than scouting schools. Our trip was Lafayette, Lehigh, Colgate, Hamilton, Amherst, and Wesleyan, in that order. A four day collegiate death march!

Pard4Life
November 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Da Picks:

Lehigh 35, Holy Cross 21... sadly not happening since HC is in a tailspin, though the Gilmore vs his old staff members will be fun to watch. I will be observing this one in the flesh.

Georgetown 38, Fordham 17... bad, bad Rams.

Lafayette 41, Colgate 38... shootout in Easton! We are gonna win this one!

CrusaderBob
November 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Crazy week with the storm and at work. Just getting to pick now.

I have no idea how I did last week or where I stand overall for a record at this point.

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH - Desperately want to pick the Crusaders. Too many self inflicted wounds lately. If the hold onto the ball, I give 'em a shot. What the heck. I'm a homer. Holy Cross

FORDHAM @ GEORGETOWN - Hard to believe I'm gonna say this. Georgetown

COLGATE @ LAFAYETTE - Who know what's gonna happen here. The way the fans of both are feeling, they would not be surprised to see a 0 - 0 tie at the end of regulation and in the 27th OT the game won on a safety! Lafayette gets the safety.

Pards Rule
November 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Da Picks:

Lehigh 35, Holy Cross 21... sadly not happening since HC is in a tailspin, though the Gilmore vs his old staff members will be fun to watch. I will be observing this one in the flesh.

Georgetown 38, Fordham 17... bad, bad Rams

Lafayette 41, Colgate 38... shootout in Easton! We are gonna win this one!

I was at the last shootout in Easton in 2009 on November 7th when Rob Curley threw 7 (count 'em - 7) TD passes and we won 56-49! Whata game!

Franks Tanks
November 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I was at the last shootout in Easton in 2009 on November 7th when Rob Curley threw 7 (count 'em - 7) TD passes and we won 56-49! Whata game!

One of the best Lafayette games in the last decade. Ranks right up there with Liberty in 2008, Richmond in 05, and the wins over Lehigh for the PL championship in 04,05, and 06.